• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ProzacElf

Private
Nov 17, 2009
After taking a break from the game for a couple mos., I recently decided to do a bunch of short run throughs with minor countries to see who might be viable and fun to play with (SuperAI v1.3). Portugal and Bulgaria seem like two fun candidates, but that's not really my point.

I've noticed with Iraq and New Zealand in particular that after I set up my world market trading and start resource gathering, as soon as I start trying to increase my IC, the dissent starts to skyrocket. I haven't noticed this in any of the other countries I've tested out. In both cases I keep the consumer goods levels at least up to the "needed" level, although the army supplies/tech/and army pool often drop to near zero. Might this be the cause, or is it something to do with these two countries? I haven't exhaustively tested every country, but I've tried it on several occasions with both of these nations and it happens every time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Think I figured it out

After a little more experimentation (I was running into the same problem with Chile), it seems that having extremely low supply creates dissent too. I had always been under the impression that consumer goods was the major factor on dissent.

Anyway, I guess I was just trying to industrialize these low IC nations way too fast. Let me know if I'm on the right track here.

Thanks.

If I recall correctly one of the later patches changed it so that running with way too low supply would increase dissent. This because it was exploitable somehow.

So I'd say you are on the right track. :)