• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Niptium

Field Marshal
47 Badges
Oct 5, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
To everyone that speak french but don't care to visit the francophone forum.

For all the AARs fans that are really craving for something wilder then the good old Prussians AARS, there is a Québec AAR in the francophone forum. It's only in French so you should at least be at ease with the language or you can use babelfish.

You can post you comment sin english here though...

I had actually began that AAR in english, for the intro at least, but received the OK from Patric and Johan to show it, and so I've done chapter 1 in french only. It would be a pain to translate, but if enough people are interested, let me know. It's not THAT much of pain.

I know French well enough to read it, but not enough to write it with confidence, so: "Nicely done!"

The only thing I didn't follow was the sleight of hand you used to get Quebec independent. I assume you started the game as the UK, released Quebec, then reloaded as Quebec?

Originally posted by Paul Drye
I know French well enough to read it, but not enough to write it with confidence, so: "Nicely done!"

The only thing I didn't follow was the sleight of hand you used to get Quebec independent. I assume you started the game as the UK, released Quebec, then reloaded as Quebec?

Yup! :D

My other tries were triggering the event called "Revolt in Lower and Upper Canada, and letting the population revolt, while the british troops where handling people in Toronto. This is a nice way to do it, and leaves you some troops when independance is declared.

But two things happens when you take over independant Quebec that way:

a) Suddenly, rebelious Ontario slowly joins, which really put a balance issue between the french and english. Already, in this game, just in Quebec, there's WAAAAAAY to many anglophones in the provinces, I'll have to identify this in the bugs).
b) A UK AI that had just lost a province to rebels had the tendency to want the province back.... badly.

So, GRANTING independance to Quebec instead gave a good relationship between both nations. I don't want to fight.

Yet.

Same here! I'm craving to see an AAR of a non-historical nation. Damn, I cannot wait for a Californian AAR!:)

lookes good
i cant read french so i would definetly be in favor of an English version of that AAR

i did notice that the number of anglophones in Quebec seemed large, but not by too much, because Montreal was largly anglophone in those days, and there was a large Irish pop in quesbec too

The anglos never represented 40% of the pop. At the time they represented 15% !