A playtest of Stellaris in collaboration with Paradox Development Studio. Looking for participants!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aron_Paradox

UX Designer
Sep 29, 2020
Hi!

I'm currently writing my master thesis at Umeå University in collaboration with Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio in Stockholm. I've come a long way thanks to all the amazing peeps at Paradoxplaza, Reddit, and other forums that answered my previous survey. That survey showed the importance of the pace in strategy games like Stellaris and Civ 6. Now we aim to define and evaluate the pace in Stellaris through a playtest! Help me continue to do some game science and help the game industry improve!

The playtest is totally anonymous. No data other than your answers will be collected. Also, the data will be summarized by me and only used as statements to strengthen the arguments in my thesis.

tl;dr
Take part in a playtest of the early game pace in Stellaris. This playtest is made in collaboration with Paradox Development Studio.

Here's the console playtest.

Here's the PC playtest.

Here's the playtest for you who own Stellaris on both PC and console.

Thank you!

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Especially interested in people who own Stellaris on both PC and console., but it's not a necessity! Would be cool to get answers to a few comparing questions of the pace between PC and console.

Now there are enough answers from PC and console versions separately. So from now on, I'm only interested in people who own both versions, both PC and console, of Stellaris! I'm super grateful for all the answers so far!

I do not understand. Before I commit to 90 minutes of playing, may you please explain what is it I will be doing? I guess I will be starting a new game. Am I using my settings or am I playing with your settings?

Will both games be the same or different when playing on PC and Xbox (in my case).

I have my PC Stellaris modded. Will I have to revert to the current version? The mod I play is dated back. Sorry I forget the version.

What DLC is needed? I have all DLC so far for Xbox, but not all for PC.

When will the questions be asked? Is it during the game? If so how for both platforms.

I have no problems taking part, just like to have more info before I commit.

Last question. Just in case I am loving my game, can I still continue playing after the time you need? Just want to prepare myself just in case I can't so won't be too upset if I wanted to keep continuing.

I do not understand. Before I commit to 90 minutes of playing, may you please explain what is it I will be doing? I guess I will be starting a new game. Am I using my settings or am I playing with your settings?

Will both games be the same or different when playing on PC and Xbox (in my case).

I have my PC Stellaris modded. Will I have to revert to the current version? The mod I play is dated back. Sorry I forget the version.

What DLC is needed? I have all DLC so far for Xbox, but not all for PC.

When will the questions be asked? Is it during the game? If so how for both platforms.

I have no problems taking part, just like to have more info before I commit.

Last question. Just in case I am loving my game, can I still continue playing after the time you need? Just want to prepare myself just in case I can't so won't be too upset if I wanted to keep continuing.

All the instructions are in the survey before you will start playing, they answer most of your questions.
But I can run a short version of them here and answer your questions:

You need to turn off all mods, but the version (expansions/DLCs) does not matter.

You'll get the same tasks to complete on both platforms. You will start by playing on PC and then when all questions and tasks are done, you will move on to console.

The tasks will prompt you to do something but not hold your hand. I want you to complete the task by your own means.

When you have completed the given task you will pause the game and go back to the form and answer a few questions before going back to playing again. A new task will show up after each section of questions. This means you need to have the form accessible on a device close to you while both playing on PC and console.

There will be 2 more questions on each task in the console version where you get to compare the PC version with the console version. Apart from that, the questions and tasks are the same on PC and console.

Ofc you can continue to play after it's done. Just be sure to finish all the questions first!

Thank you for considering to be part of this!!

Thank you Aron. I will try and start this weekend.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Since it had no direct effect, I've added the links for the single-version tests again! Go check them out if you didn't meet the requirements before because of not owning both versions.

wi
Hi!

I'm currently writing my master thesis at Umeå University in collaboration with Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio in Stockholm. I've come a long way thanks to all the amazing peeps at Paradoxplaza, Reddit, and other forums that answered my previous survey. That survey showed the importance of the pace in strategy games like Stellaris and Civ 6. Now we aim to define and evaluate the pace in Stellaris through a playtest! Help me continue to do some game science and help the game industry improve!

The playtest is totally anonymous. No data other than your answers will be collected. Also, the data will be summarized by me and only used as statements to strengthen the arguments in my thesis.

tl;dr
Take part in a playtest of the early game pace in Stellaris. This playtest is made in collaboration with Paradox Development Studio.

Here's the console playtest.

Here's the PC playtest.

Here's the playtest for you who own Stellaris on both PC and console.

Thank you!
will do when I can!

Reactions: