• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dadarian

King of Queen's
78 Badges
Mar 4, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
This will be the slow rise of the Ikko-Ikki from a couple rebellious provinces to who knows what.

My first AAR and since I'm Captain Noobeth (read my sig) you made need patience at first. I'm trying to figure out how to add pics first.

Last edited:
The Ikko are a curious bunch indeed. Looking forward to seeing what they're up to in the Sengoku Jidai.

Chapter 1: A Storied Begining

It was February 7th, 1510, and Japan was in the midst of debilitating civil war. The Isshiki and Toki clans vied for dominance throughout central Japan. In the southern island of Kyushu, the Shimazu have entered a bitter standoff with the Kamachi and the Isshiki. Shikoku is similarly divided between the Rokkaku and the Toki. To the east of Japan the clans of the Takeda, Uesugi, and Satake fight bitter wars. But our story took place in the small forgotten north, where the two rivals Ando and Kasai fought for survival when a new and terrible danger broke out ...... the Ikko-Ikki.

SengokumapearlyIkko-Ikki.jpg

The Ikko-Ikki rebellion was born out of hate and fear, and my ancestor, Ikko-Ikki Harusada took up the fight against the tyrannical samurai lords. Starting out as a patient Shinto monk in the Yuri province of the Osaka clan, Harusada saw the toll of war amongst the many wounded and defranchised that entered his temple from Osaka's failing wars with the Kasai and the Uesugi. Angered by the pain and the hate these wars caused, this Shinto monk used fancy language and past services to lead his village in a rebellion against the local strongman, easily defeating him and his few men. It was said that my ancestor was a good man and monk at heart but when he look apon the strongman's tax room, his eyes lit up with greed and ideas and fantasies.

Harusadaearly.jpg

After that day the rebellion got stronger and stronger, but the coffers ironically emptier and emptier. Eventually Harusada took the clan name Ikko-Ikki in respect of the rebellion, and took the entire province aswell. Harusada was said to have the largest single retinue of any lord, even larger than the Emperor. But Harusada faced a crisis, he was marriageless, and his Shinto vows of chasity would not allow him to beget an heir, which his newfound clan needed. Harusada was lucky though, the failing Osaka clan could not protect it's villagers, and two other men took up the lead and joined the rebellion, both prospective heirs.

In the province of Ogachi the rebellion was led by Fuyuyasu, a man of many shadows. Said to be a past ninja and ronin, Fuyuyasu was envious of the local kokujin and used his great mastery of intrigue and war to overthrow his Osakan lord, claiming Ogachi for the Ikko-Ikki. Another rebellion happened in the province of Mogami, led by the yojimbo Chikatoshi. Chickatoshi was an honest man, a skilled tactician and a fine player of music. However is drunkeness and his partiality to not being found during the fighting had led him to be out of work most of the year. Angered by this slight to his honour (whatever honour he had left) he gathered the many discontent peseants in an uprising that took the kokujin by surprise. Chickatoshi than sent a messager to Harusada to proclaim himself to be part of the cause.

Fuyuyasuearly.jpg

Chickatoshiearly.jpg

Faced with these two mighty warriors, Harusada had to decide once and for all who was to be the heir to the clan. Seeing the ambition in the eyes of Chickatoshi, it was said that Harusada was about to choose him when he had a vision, of terrible fighting and civil war between the two warriors. At that Harusada stated that Fuyuyasu would be the next leader of the Ikko-Ikki. Great celebration happened in the clan that night, for the clan's destiny was secured, but few saw the look of anger and hurt in the eyes of Chickatoshi, who turned away in the night back to Mogami.

To be Continued

Last edited:
No but you use the
tag. There is also a button for this if you press "Go advanced", spares you the effort of writing brackets.

So
url]
, or wherever your picture may be located, without the spacing.

thanks for the advice, unfortently I don't know how to get my steam screen shots into anyway but steam. So, no pictures, unless you want me to create the AAR group on steam where people can view the pics, LOL.

thanks for the advice, unfortently I don't know how to get my steam screen shots into anyway but steam. So, no pictures, unless you want me to create the AAR group on steam where people can view the pics, LOL.
I don't know where steam screens are saved, if they're not saved on your computer and there's no way to provide an external link I guess you can't get them on here, bar using print screen and making new pictures. Basically, a link to a picture and said tags. If Steam won't let you link to the picture (It seems strange that it wouldn't), try saving it your computer and uploading it to www.imageshack.us

Well the photos are up, you just can't view them -.-.

Thanks for the help guys (or ladies), the Ikko-Ikki will live on!

Last edited:
Chapter 2: From Humble Beginings .......

Now that the clan had a future, Harusada's eyes turned to the outside. Thought to be a rebellion against the Emperor himself, every samurai was at war with the Ikko-Ikki, which meant no chance for the peace that the rebellion was for. The Ikko-Ikki were powerful, but small, and Harusada decided to expand the revolution. Harusada's first choice was the last stronghold of the Osaki clan in the province of Akumi, who's dishonour and failure caused Harusada to rise and the Ikko-Ikki to begin. The conquest was short and painful, the one day siege of a town who's 250 man garrison fled in the face of the Ikko-Ikki horde.

InvasionofMurayama.jpg

The quick success against the Osaki clan led Harusada to new ambition, and in 1510, led his own retinue from the north and Chickatoshi's from the south and led a campaign against Kasai's 2 undefended, unattached holdings in the kumi of Uzen. Taking them quickly as well, for no Kasai samurai were left by the time the Ikko-Ikki reached the jublient populace. This ease of taking the southern holdings of the Kasai gave Harusada the final push to realize his first major dream. To unite ALL of northern Japan under the Ikko-Ikki.

DefenseofMurayama.jpg

November 5th, 1510, Harusada's plan (nicknamed "Slight Jade") started. Ikko-Ikki fighters poured into the Kasai clan's southern holdings of Yamamoto and Waga. However, a messager came to Fuyuyasu's camp one morning crying and yelling. "The Uesugi have invaded, the Uesugi have invaded, the demon samurai are back!", so taking his to his fine white horse, Fuyuyasu's forces marched on the Uesugi, who were beseiging the castle at Murayama until they heard rumour of the returning army, and fled.

Harusadawounded.jpg

At the battle of Iwate, the Ikko-Ikki were fighting the Kasai when a samurai appeared near Harusada's position. The samurai (who was a veteren of many past battles) recognised Harusada as the leader and charged him. One on one Harusada was no match to the samurai's deadly skill and was quickly cut down. Falling heavily, Harusada contemplated a nearby blossom as his sight start to darken, finally turning to the samurai who was coming for the kill. Harusada later woke up, horribly maimed but alive, being told by his retainers that the day was won. Harusada was said to have been found lying near a cherry tree, the samurai dead at his feet with nothing but a near by Shinto shrine for company.

The last Kasai castle fell on the 16th of October 1511, but the north was not yet fully under the sway of the rebellion, and the Uesugi bear was finally wakening to the danger of the Ikko-Ikki, sending it's northern levys to scout out the Ikko-Ikki territory. Harusada took his and Chickatoshi's forces north to the realm of the Ando, a mysterious and dangerous tribe. Originally a small clan, they dominated the northern tip of Japan for many years as a result of the overarching of the older, larger Nanbu tribe.

The war during this time was filled with misdeeds, ninja clans grew in strength and size, while other small rebellions were launched and failed. But the dedication of the Ikko-Ikki pulled through, and on January 25th, 1513. The last Ando samurai was cut down like a dog. The Ikko-Ikki had united a realm that stood divided for centuries in 13 years, from the first rebellion to the end of the Ando.

Ninjaattack.jpg

However, Harusada was growing old, and the Uesugi were fully aware, and fully afraid, of the might of the Ikko-Ikki rebellion, and marshalled it's forces to destroy it's living slander to the Emperor. The Ikko-Ikki were now in as much danger as before, but will they have to do what Harusada vowed never to do, to rose the levies to fight for their master?

Northernunification-1.jpg

To be Continued

Last edited:
To grab an image from steam:
1. Open steam's website in your internet browser, not using the steam program (you do not have to be logged in).
2. Go to the community tab and search for your username
3. After locating your community page you should be able to click "View Screenshots"
4. Right-Click image and save as
5. Go to Imgur and upload the image from your computer
6. Use the previously described method to embed it into your post

And BLAMO you've got screenshots in your AAR. If you can go back and edit your older ones into the other AAR post.

Screw it, I tried, I did, I did what was promised and nothing happened.

So now, the magic of pictureless stories will begin.

Last edited:
Screw it, I tried, I did, I did what was promised and nothing happened.

So now, the magic of pictureless stories will begin.

This will not work well as an AAR. Its not hard to upload. Just upload your picture to an image hosting website. Photobucket, imgur, etc are all usable. Then the hosting website should give you a link. Use that in your post and then we can see the pictures. Try again, you might win a CK2 beta key if you do it really well =)

You can also find the steam screenshots by looking either in common/sengoku or in steam/userdata/(user #)/a number/remote/a number/screenshots, where you can then upload them to whatever website you have. AARs and pictures are like PB and J.
All those A numbers are user specific i'm pretty sure, but just pick the higher one in any case. Or search screenshots in your steam folder. Happy Hunting

All the photos that are little red boxes currently are from Photobucket, uploaded from steam, and now won't recognise. I truely hate technology sometimes.

Are you using
tags properly on the urls? Sometimes it screws it up when you click insert picture. Also, are the steam screenshots BMPs? I think photobucket will work a lot better with jpegs, because of space and whatnot.

You are using this link: http: //s1186.photobucket.com/albums/z377/dadarian1/?action=view&current=Northernunification-1.jpg
You need to use this link: http: //i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z377/dadarian1/Northernunification-1.jpg

You are not linking to an image, you are linking to a page with a thumbnail of the image on it. Alternatively you are linking to a page with a resized version of the image on it.

Spacing just for the sake of showing the links. Right click your image and use the link you get from "Copy picture webaddress" (It should say that, I have a localized browser so I'm translating).
Northernunification-1.jpg

Edit: That's obviously not going to work either, photobucket won't let me click on it to zoom in or anything. Did you tell it to scale them down? Either way once you have a full scale picture uploaded, that should do the trick.

p.s. Don't hate technology, technology doesn't kill people, people kill people.

Last edited:
When you upload a picture, don't open it in a new tab directly from the upload screen, click on it and then open it in a new tab, that should make the size you saved it as.

HerpaDerp Hurray, the pics are up, just really REALLY tiny. Next step ...... bigger pictures, and chapter 3.

As said, you may need patience with me, for I am Captain Noobeth, but thank you to all of you fellow AARers (what are we, pirates?) that have the patience, skill and communication skills to help a poor man down on his knowledge.