• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have to say this is one great AAR 2Coats, it is very funny and you sure are doing a jolly great work with all those pictures and screenshots. I remember reading the end of your Italian one and now I have followed this since the start, and I think they are both great. You are doing a jolly great work and I am really looking forward to the next update :)

Wonderful! I thought you might have abandoned the talking heads on the battlefield format, but it is back and I am pleased!

lifeless Bye bye indeed. :D

GhostWriter, GrimReaper Thx.

Yoy21 You got luv Hell! :D

jose1357 "in annonymous' aar on ethiopia he has the ethiopians attacking w/ belgian waffles & killing the italians" :D That explains alot! Man I wish I had more time to read more AARs.

Duke of Wellington Thx. Well the Polish trap was twarted quite quickly, but it scared me too much to risk extending my lines without foot infantry support and lot of it! Reminds me, I must catch up with your Golden Horde AAR.

Wolfhound Im glad you like it. The chit-chat may change as I really wanted more of it but couldnt work out the best way of doing it. I opted for a middle of the road solution and chose more than what I did in my first AAR but not as much as I wanted. I wonder how theyll react to, let hope they dont lose! :) If that colour is pukey Ill take any suggestion for change now, before I move onto the next campaign. In fact any suggestions for removal or inclusion of graphics might make it into the next campaign, so knock yourselves out!

kenneththegreat Sept 2 alright. It seems that most of the high frequency action happens at the begining of the campaign as I dont give the AI much of a chance to gather itself for another attack. Indeed, I read quite a few of the threads in the discussion forum that argue for foot infantry. My ideal force is to have one that does the job. If I want to encircle then you can only do it with enough fast moving units. If you want to push back in a big wave then you need a large foot army. For Barbarossa, my favoured tactic is wave attack with focused encirclements, so I will revert to building more foot infantry and by that time it will be 41 model.

markiep Poland is always doomed! :D Indeed, I will be going for Weserberung when the event fires. THe air attacks are significant enough to worry about yet.

SykoNurse Danke. Thanks for all your help with the translations. Top effort! :)

Jopi Cheers. Yes, I won that little contest! :D Indeed, but taking on Poland is much tougher in HoI 2 than the original. Yet it still falls within the month.

Korppi Thank you. Yes he did, but only because I cut and paste and forgot to change it. I have done so now, so you can go back and check it out. How can you ever doubt Rommel?! ;)

Killerjes Thx. Yes its true, but by that time I will have change the format as I did with the first AAR. I have some ideas already, but if anyone comes up with their own Id like to hear what I should focus on, in the battle updates. Otherwise, Barbarossa will get tomuch!

Užickibombarder Thank you and welcome.

Lord E Thank you also. Im glad you liked the first one. Update on the way.

FlorisDeVijfde Thx. Under a week would be fantastic, but the cut off date is 2weeks. Ive found that if I leave it longer than that the French will mount a counterattack in the west unless you have 50% or more of what they can attack with, in one province. I.e. you will need to have at least 1/2 the units in a province that it attacks with to stop them launching an attack.

Virgiltchicken Cheers. No, no, infact I was going to use just maps and talking heads to relay this story, but no uniforms. That was the most tedious thing about making the last AAR.

Dark Scipio "Just a perfect AAR!" Wow. What can I say.... except, thanks and welcome.

For those of you who want to download the same unit graphics Im using, there is good news. Thanks to Alexus Ive managed to track down the thread, it was so obvious. The link to the site can be found here in the first post.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236771

Enjoy.

Further update is to expect soon, yes?

Yoy21 said:
Be patient.. this type of picturing looks very complex..
Yes, but usually when he post his answers to all the poster and commentors, update usually follows very close.

fwb15.jpg

fwb16.jpg

fwb17.jpg

fwb18.jpg

fwb19.jpg

fwb20.jpg

fwb21.jpg

fwb22.jpg

fwb23.jpg

Looking good, Poland hasn't deterred you for long. Tell Rommel to floor the pedal, we want Lwow now, so we can give it to the Soviets :D

Rommel is making great progress I see, well I just hope the infantry can arrive in time so he won’t be pushed back… Jolly nice update 2Coats, I think Poland will be conquered in a week:)