• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just to let you know that the previous update has now been fully completed! :)

GhostWriter Thanks and thanks for clearing that up. MAJDGA Me and acronums just dont get along! ;)

Korppi I havent mentioned any deployments, as there havent been any. Suffice to say that as we are about to go to war, there will be some next update. Generally, my radars go in the provinces where I have my airports usually to 3. Occasionally, I may place a radar or two at remote provinces, that is remote from my airfields, so that my airforce has some bonus there.

Oranje Verzet I wonder to. Its a bit risky just building enough forces to do the job. How can anyone ever guess what enough will be without having mass casualties?

Singleton Mosby Thanks SM. High praise indeed! :)

Wolfhound Glad the upgrade screen is to your liking. I hope the combat screen surpass those! I dont know my Der's from my Die's! I use Die's from now on or maybe the Ledehosen speak for themselves! ;)

GrimReaper Good stuff. Im glad you like it! I guess that most viewers now are waiting to see how the Wehrmacht performs!

Killerjes Good to see you! Glad your enjoying this. Good timing to, with Poland about to be woken up also! ;)

markiep Yes, you could be right! Yet, as I see it, I currently dont need those. I have 9 TAC, though old, should be enough along with Jan-Aug to build a few more CAS. Afterall, with a strong offensive Luftwaffe, the enemy wont have any planes in the air to affect my plans, so I will have Air Supremacy and as its been said before time and again, air supremacy is 1/2 the battle!
Just think of the damage I can do to his org with lots of Interdiction strikes! Hopefully, it will be enough for the Poland campaign and my interceptor force will be enough to block any Allied aggression on my industry and infrastructure at home.
As for having a huge army, well I made my decision for more IC over a large starting army. Will it be a mistake? Hope not. Garrisons and MPs? I only build those when I have the need to. Youll see my strategy for those soon enough!

Snake IV Die, Das, Der..... :D I use the ü when I have it in the clipboard as my keyboard doesnt have it, so I have to cut it from word document!

SykoNurse Thanks, and thanks for the translations I got right! ;)

Excellent again. I can't wait to see what your battle/strategy screens look like.

MAJDGA??? :D

2Coats said:
Snake IV Die, Das, Der..... :D I use the ü when I have it in the clipboard as my keyboard doesnt have it, so I have to cut it from word document!
ALT-129 gives a ü on my US keyboard. that same ALT-129 works on a "Multilingual (Latin I)" keyboard, according to my (really, really) old MS-DOS manuel... hope this helps. :cool:

2Coats said:
Oranje Verzet I wonder to. Its a bit risky just building enough forces to do the job. How can anyone ever guess what enough will be without having mass casualties?
This is a big dillemma for the Army, as it always has been. You dont want a too big army just eating supplies and making operations hinder because of the sheer mass of forces, which causes the enemy to out manouvre you. But you do need sufficient forces, and do not want to be overpowered. It seems that in WW2, numbers mattered. So I would say in that aspect you are on the right track, but as far as building goes there is a lot of fine tuning, because having a big army in peace time does not give you much but persuasive power...

EDIT: But I like the concept of an army that has enough men on the grounds. Most of the times that gives multiple operations going on at the same time.

Last edited:
A suggestion...
The army, navy, and airforce comparison is pretty confusing because the old information is listed in the old order.
Why not just list the old total number to the right (like now) and then give it an arrow showing up / down / no change.
Like they do with pop charts.

Just a suggestion - otherwise great job!

Killerjes said:
A suggestion...
The army, navy, and airforce comparison is pretty confusing because the old information is listed in the old order.
Why not just list the old total number to the right (like now) and then give it an arrow showing up / down / no change.
Like they do with pop charts.

Just a suggestion - otherwise great job!
that would be a bummer! i just acclimated to the current presentation! ;)

in all fairness, i suppose i can adjust to whatever is presented... :cool:

I assume all the strategical plans will be presented to us in pictorical glory before the war starts? Do you have any plans for the balkans? Or, rather, Will they join you voluntarily or not :D

Bloody fine AAR :D

I have never seen such a compelling AAR before.. Nice work chap..
Keep up the good work, hope to see a update soon :rolleyes:

Sorry for the delay. Major problems with my PC has meant that I havent been able to do as much as I want. I will post more frequently now, but the updates will be smaller!

Thanks stnylan. Not long to go now, thankfully.

GhostWriter MAJDGA = Me and Acronyms Just Dont Get Along. ;) I have the special characters saved to a text file now, so I just copy and paste. One thing though, the special char for Weiss doesnt seem to cut and paste. Any ideas for that one?

Oranje Verzet thats exactly what I think. One thing that I think you are hinting at, which goes to the core of my philosphy is to have enough men on the ground for what you wish to achieve. I.e. Poland wont need 1/4 of what will be need by the time Barbarossa comes along. The Army needs to grow substantially until SU is conquered and then a little after that, but to have a massive army before 1939 is not great. Think of all those men sitting around doing nothing! Discipline will go straight to the dogs... wait a minute I forgot, this isnt the Italian Army! :rolleyes:

Killerjes is this better?

Jopi I hope to have Yugo in my corner, but it depends on what happens with Italy. I dont intend to call them into alliance until at least the same time as the rest of the East European states and that will be in time for Barbarossa. Of course if something stupid happens like Italy Dowing Greece and the Allies start early OP. Huskeys then I will have to do something!

Elbasto I plan a historical Barbarossa, as with most of the other operations, and designate winter as a period of recuperation and rearmament, unless operations are completely necessary or fighting in non-frozen zones.

Welcome to new recruit Razbojnik. Grab a rifle and pack and get to the frontline! ;)

Lifeless, FlorisDeVijfde, Duke of Wellington thanks guys. Here we go again!

2Coats: the special char for Weiss doesnt seem to cut and paste. Any ideas for that one?

not familiar with "Weiss"... hmmm, are you talking about ß ? [alt-225, both US and Latin I]

2Coats said:
One thing though, the special char for Weiss doesnt seem to cut and paste. Any ideas for that one?
It is fully allowed to use ss instead of ß in German so you don't have to. To me it would be better with ss as some may wonder what ß is.

alt-225 works for me but so does alt-0223.

You can use 'sz' instead of 'ß', this would be the most correct version since 'ß' is just the ligature of those two letters combined. well that's not exactly how it is, but i will avoid further more boring explanations :D

193901.jpg

193902.jpg

Last edited: