• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(146885)

Major
1 Badges
Jul 24, 2009
  • 500k Club
Chapter 1:The goals

Adolf von der Mark said that his people should live a life based on the holy teachings of Jesus and not a life based in the so-called ''feudal system''.

So he set a list of goals that he and his descendants should achieve:
Goal 1: Create a fully centralized government.
Goal 2: Fully respect the human rights in his country.
Goal 3: Create a fully innovative state open to alll positive ideas.
Goal 4: Have the best quality of life for his subjects.
Goal 5: Have almost no war casualties.(And of course do not start wars)

His first change was to free the serfs from their lords.

eu32.png

This change caused problems at conscription but Adolf was not angry about it. He believed that army was one of the least important things on his country.

Last edited:
Interesting idea for an AAR, but...did you just drop your manpower to zero? I remember a thread where that happened for someone playing Cleves before.

It does if you have none, as anyone could walk right over you. It's possible to drop to zero manpower if you're unlucky with events and have low manpower provinces which is exactly what happened in that picture. Berg has a base manpower of 1, which equals 155 for some reason (I checked in the game). That event reduced the base to zero so you're doomed without mercenaries.

Definitely an interesting concept. I'll follow.

I assume he's using the latest beta patch, which possibly means less in-fighting among the HRE states?

It does if you have none, as anyone could walk right over you. It's possible to drop to zero manpower if you're unlucky with events and have low manpower provinces which is exactly what happened in that picture. Berg has a base manpower of 1, which equals 155 for some reason (I checked in the game). That event reduced the base to zero so you're doomed without mercenaries.

But that's my goal. To not enter any wars.

But that's my goal. To not enter any wars.

It's fine to say that, but unless you have AI aggressiveness set really low I don't think the other countries will cooperate. All it would take is one of them getting a CB on you and since you have no manpower it would be incredibly hard to keep them from annexing you.

Chapter 2: Adolf's Foreign policy

King Adolf wanted to have good relations with his neighbours so he set a list of missions:

missionst.png

He acomplished all of them.

Later he tried to expand his trade in Andalucia.
eu38.png

Bacause he wanted to flee from the feudal system and to come closer to his ''dream'' he changed his government from feudal monarchy to despotic monarchy.

eu39.png

Cologne was divided by Cleves and she wanteded to capture her and unite. So she did everything she could to lure Cleves in a war with her.
However, Adolf remained careful in Cleves-Cologne relations and tried to remain neutral. He succesfully ended the conflict when he built an Embassy
eu311.png

Cleves was safe, for now.

Bacause he wanted to flee from the feudal system and to come closer to his ''dream'' he changed his government from feudal monarchy to despotic monarchy.

This is a simply brilliant reflection of real life. Whenever somebody declares that he will lead his people/nation/followers towards a better future it somehow always ends as a dictatorship :rolleyes:

I like the concept, I just hope you do not find it too dull!

MorningSIDEr: Don't worry, I enjoy it.;)

Chapter 3: Adolf's reforms

A trade station was founded in Dusseldorf and the people were happy about it.
eu312x.png

Our King finally had a heir.
eu313.png

We succesfully established trade in Andalucia.
eu314.png

The king enacted land reforms in Berg.
eu315.png

The Kng's reputation was tarnished and his advisors told him to put the blame on someone else so that he will not have problems with the other countries. The King disagreed because he said that justice is above everyone.
eu316.png

The King established a national bank to fight inflation.
eu317.png

The King ordered his soldiers to build a Cathedral. In November 12 they finished it.
eu319h.png

The king centralized the government. He was afraid that there would be a large revolt but luckily, there was just some chaos from which the country soon recovered.
eu31r.png

Our historians found some old documents that gave us cores in Munster and Cologne. However, our king was not interested in imperialistic wars.
eu32.png

Last edited:
Hi Zitanier,
Could you convert the screenshots into JPG files? You uploaded them as PNG files and they are very large (about 1 MB per full-screen screenshot)
I have a fast connection but imageshack is sometimes not so fast. It only shows me the upper third or so of some of the images. If you save the pics as JPG they should only be 200 kilobyte or so per full screen screenshot and still look very good...