• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Argh! Egregious cliffhanger! What will happen, what will happen?!? ;)

You've thrown the dice, now lets see how they roll. It seems that you have a more advantageous starting point than loki had, but I'll be interested to find out if the Ottomans will throw similarly large armies at you, once the war gets going.

Yes the Greek treaties were a god send. I think even with this though I have to assume at some stage I will be facing some pretty large Ottoman stacks. I am hoping that my technological advantage and keeping my own forces massed will give me the edge in these engagements.

I'd suggest do it. As Powloon says, we have very few views of late game PoN and Kensai showed just how fascinating a 'campaign' AAR drawn from a wider game can be

as with Stuyvesant ... hah, a cliff hanger ...

well you do seem well prepared and its good that the big G has returned from his sulk in time to help. But I'd suspect the Ottomans will manage at least one huge military build up, even if they can't sustain it.

btw - how do you rename your armies? would be incredibly useful for keeping track of stuff

To rename any force you need to ALT + Left Click the force tab which then brings up a dialogue box (not sure how many characters you get but it is not a lot).

It definately helps keeping things straight. As well as my main armies I tend to add "Garrison" to each force defending a region/city which really helps pick out the right force when you have several forces transiting the region.

Maybe I will do, I have been toying with the idea of a PON AAR for some time, the only reason why I am not doing it it's because I actually already planning to do a BOR AAR ( hopefully MP) once it comes out.

I would love to see the BOR AAR as well. I also have plans for purchasing the game when it comes out so I can add it to the long list of games I have bought but do not have the time to play:)

1866 Early March - D Day

Balkans Theatre

At the end of February our forces cross the border into Ottoman territory at several points.

Planned Moves Late February:
WarBalkansFebL_zps7422bd79.jpg

• I Army led by General Garibaldi (3000 pwr) performs a landing at Tirana (Assault mode) covered by the guns of the Adriatic fleet. Enemy forces here consist of a single light cavalry regiment.
  • II Army led by General Fanti moves from Attica via Thessala to reinforce the landings at Thessalonica. No enemy forces are present in Thessala
  • The Marine Corps led by General Cucchari lands over the beach at Thessalonica with orders to assault the city at the earliest opportunity. The enemy force here consists of several militia and garrison regiments.
  • An independent cavalry division moves north from Greece with orders to capture Janina and Skopje.
  • An independent light infantry brigade, light cavalry brigade and 2 supply units move north from Greece to Thessalonica whilst another light infantry brigade moves north to capture Larissa.
In the only significant fighting the marines capture Thessalonica

WarMarEThessalonica_zpsc2af9d3c.jpg

The enemy militia is last seen retreating towards Plovdiv whilst the Marine Corps itself takes light casualties and remains combat effective. For this action General Cucchiari is congratulated (Seniority moves to 13)

Soon afterwards marine cavalry scouts detect the movement of an enemy corps (roughly 800 pwr) led by General Abdi Pashir moving from Adrianople towards Thessalonica. It quickly turns into a race between II Army and the enemy to see who will get there first.

Luckily for the marines General Fanti and II Army win and the enemy wisely chooses discretion over valour and is last seen retreating towards Thrakia (Kavala)

** General Fanti was inactive this turn and was therefore advancing in defensive mode which meant the enemy was able to slip away without combat.

In the Aegean an enemy flotilla is spotted but manages to evade our fleet whilst a Russian "merchant" squadron passes through no doubt attempting to pick up intelligence.

The landings in the Adriatic are carried out without a hitch as General Garibaldi lands and captures Tirana with no opposition.

Situation Early March:
WarMarEStart_zpsf411a0d7.jpg

In our initial onslaught we take full military control of Albania (Tirana), Thessala (Larissa) and Halkidiki (Thessalonica). We also capture the towns of Janina and Skopje.

With the acquisition of Tirana our engineers begin constructing a coaling station, depot and fortifications for the city. Elsewhere engineers also begin throwing up fortifications around Thessalonica to help protect this vital supply hub.

Elsewhere in Massawa harbour we besiege the enemy’s military outpost and harbour installations.

WarMassawaFebL_zpsfc3fb799.jpg

Our national morale rises to 127 (above the critical threshold of 125) whilst Ottoman morale dips to 94.

Our casualties rise from 75900 to 78200 (+ 2300) whist Ottoman casualties rise from 172000 to 188600 (+ 16600)

WarMarEPrestige_zps8a14ef72.jpg

Planned Moves Early March:
WarMarEEnd_zpse31f78bc.jpg

• I Army will move towards Sofia via Skopje with the intention of taking the depot there (17 days)
  • II Army will move towards Adrianople via Kavala with the intention of forcing the enemy corps away from Thessalonica and to begin the siege of Adrianople (8 days).
  • Marine Corps will move to Plovdiv to prevent the enemy corps from retreating north.
  • A light infantry brigade will move into Larissa to secure military control whilst the other light infantry brigade garrisons Thessalonica
  • The cavalry division at Skopje will move north to capture Pristina.
  • A light cavalry brigade will move North to capture Petric.
  • All the transports in the Adriatic and Aegean will return to Abruzzo to pick up the rest of I Army and our 2nd echelon forces
  • Our naval forces in the Agean will attempt to intercept the Ottoman squadron.
Elsewhere the Greeks make the final payment on their new frigate squadron. We complete missions in Sennar \ Kisumu and schools in Gonder \ Aswa

** All in all the turn passed as well as I could have hoped. My forces are safely ashore with a considerable local superiority in numbers with the possibility of an immediate thrust to capture Adrianople. Obviously this is one turn a lot can happen!

Last edited:
well the opening went well, your gambit of going direct for Thessaloniki paid off and being able to bring a large army to bear seems to have scared the Ottomans into keeping their distance.

having your NM already >125 is a huge boost. That was my problem at the end, I'd badly damaged theirs but I couldn't get mine high enough to force a really good peace deal.

well the opening went well, your gambit of going direct for Thessaloniki paid off and being able to bring a large army to bear seems to have scared the Ottomans into keeping their distance.

having your NM already >125 is a huge boost. That was my problem at the end, I'd badly damaged theirs but I couldn't get mine high enough to force a really good peace deal.

I was pleased not to mention relieved that everything went relatively smoothly but as the next update shows not everything goes to plan!

1866 Late March - Adrianople or Bust

Balkans Theatre

Situation Late March:
WarMarLStart_zpse3ae0f8d.jpg

** Unfortunately I think I have lost the images for the following battles

The action starts off slowly with a minor skirmish in Skopje between our cavalry division and an opposing light cavalry regiment which is convincingly routed from the field. We suffer 0/0 casualties/hits to our enemies 358/7 casualties/hits (no elements are lost). Our cavalry then moves to complete its mission of capturing Pristina.

II Army’s advance along the coast ends up in two significant actions. The first at Kavala sees us make an opposed river crossing against an Ottoman Corps. The Ottomans are defeated and forced to retreat to Adrianople. II Army suffers 5637/61 casualties/hits versus 16963/179 casualties/hits (1 Ottoman light cavalry element is lost).

In the following action in Adrianople which is again carried out in the face of an opposed river crossing we inflict significant casualties. We suffer 4612/57 casualties/hits versus 25881/254 casualties/hits (again only a single Ottoman light cavalry regiment is lost). The enemy retreats unexpectedly back into Kavala astride our supply line. General Franti is mentioned in dispatches (new seniority is 11)

** I did not expect the Ottoman corps to retreat this way thinking they would retreat north or back into Istanbul. I think this was likely due to the fact I did not have military control in Kavala as I was pushing my army through the region (rather than stopping) to get to Adrianople quickly.

The final action occurs in Plovdiv where our Marine Corps encounters the motley collection of militia regiments which they faced in Thessalonica. We suffer 205/2 v 3280/32 casualties/hits. Unfortunately no elements were destroyed. Again they retreat unexpectedly back to Thessalonica and put the city under siege.

** I think this battle shows just how tough it is to actually destroy a force.

I Army advances slowly across the Balkan Mountains securing military control of the region around Skopje in its wake.

A light cavalry brigade secures Petric. It will remain here to gain control of the surrounding area.

With the unexpected retreat results we make a modification to our plan. I Army will abandon its march on Sofia (which is in rebel hands anyway and thus denying the use of its depot to the Ottomans) and instead will march though Thessalonica to raise the siege and forward into Kavala to engage the Ottoman Corps.

II Army will stay put and begin siege operations against Adrianople whilst the Marines gain control around Plovdiv to open a supply line to Adrianople and prevent the Ottoman corps from breaking out to the north.

Our national morale is 127 whilst Ottoman national morale rises slightly to 97.

Our casualties rise from 78200 to 88400 (+ 10200) whist Ottoman casualties rise from 188600 to 234450 (+ 45850)

Elsewhere Yemen becomes our protectorate and we discover the region of Trimale in West Africa.

The Chinese civil war comes to an end.

The Latin Monetary Union occurs:
EventMoneyUnion_zpsaed08168.jpg

** This event gives us commercial agreements with all the countries mentioned however Belgium is the only country we previously did not have an agreement with.

We improve sewer systems in Abruzzo / Romagna and begin construction of a new mechanical parts factory in Campania.

We build 2 line infantry and 1 supply unit replacements

Last edited:
ah the wonders of the AGEOD retreat routine ... which can hand you a major victory or dump you deep in mire. In this case, its choice was logical given the game mechanisms, it retreated both to a province it had MC and back the way it had come

in general, fresh formations are exceptionally hard to really harm. You can inflict massive losses and not see any element loss, so its just a case of keeping up the pressure till finally those losses do convert into permanent damage. So armies start a war quite robust and over time become more and more of a thin shell.

Anyway, your opening gambit has worked well and with some luck you should cull that army over winter and snag Adrianople - which in combination is quite an impressive start

1866 April - Garibaldi Gets Mad

Balkan Theatre

Situation Early April:
04EStart_zps075eef5b.jpg

After a cold wet slog through the mountains Garibaldi gets to vent his frustration by playing a game of pass the militia

04EBattleHalk1_zps16744605.jpg

The hapless militia force retreats into the path of our cavalry waiting in Petric

04EBattlePetric1_zps290174c5.jpg

Who then pass them back to Gari to toy with.

04EBattleHalk2_zps71f9d99e.jpg

All of this slows him down enough that he is unable to engage the Ottoman corps waiting obligingly in Kavala.

II Army’s artillery and engineers cause a breech in Andrianople’s formidable fortifications.

The Marines secure the region around Plovdiv and open a supply path to Adrianople.

04ESupply_zps7f7f55ac.jpg

Our 3rd cavalry division secures Nish and returns to Kosovo to secure the surrounding region

The only movement made by our forces is to complete the advance of Garibaldi to confront the Ottoman corps in Kavala.

Our NM is 127 Ottoman NM is 91.

Our casualties rise from 88400 to 89500 (+ 1100) whist Ottoman casualties rise from 234450 to 251150 (+ 16700)

04EPrestige_zps5c24d48e.jpg

Situation Late April:
04LStart_zps02d3d4f2.jpg

The siege of Adrianople continues to produce results as a second breech is opened in the defences.

All of the remaining portion of I army and our 2nd echelon force have now landed in Tirana.

Garibaldi fights two battles in two days firstly putting the militia force out of its misery. The force which greeted our marines in Thessalonica is now completly destroyed
04LBattleThess1_zpsce721252.jpg

and then instigating the fisty cuffs in Kavala
04LBattleKavala_zps373ab343.jpg

the Ottomans manage to disengage relatively intact but then blunder into II Army (+4NM).
04LBattleAdrian1_zps9a34e5fc.jpg

8 guard regiments are destroyed in a valiant rearguard action but their sacrifice is not entirely in vain as the mangled remnants of the corps somehow manage to cross the Bosphorus. The significance of this victory over and above the damage done to the Ottoman army is that there are now no major Ottoman formations left in Europe leaving the rest of the regions here to wither on the vine.

Whilst our army covers itself in glory our navy’s performance is less than stellar(-1NM).
04LBattleAegean_zps1dce3823.jpg

** One plus side here is the wooden frigate elements will now be replaced by the more advanced screw/sale frigates.

Our NM increases to 129 our casualties rise from 89500 to 107900 (+18400) Ottoman casualties are significantly higher

** Oddly the Ottomans drop off the score page no idea why

04LPrestige_zps24f81c64.jpg

Planned moves:
04LMoves_zpsa5381e9b.jpg

• I Army moves to clear the defences on the north side of the Bosphorus.
  • The rest of I Army will undertake a risky move by sea from Tirana to Kavala
  • II Army will continue to besiege adrianople.
  • The marines move north in an attempt to wrest Sophia from the rebels.
  • A light cavalry unit is split off from the marines to perform a reconnaissance of the Black Sea coast.
  • Other light forces are to push north and west to secure these regions in our rear.
Elsewhere
  • We complete our fortification program in Romagna, Po and Toscana
  • We pass an education reform act.
  • Sewers are started in Tuscany and Sicily
  • We begin construction of a fruit farm in Tuscany
  • We start building a fort in Sanna (Yemen)
  • A steel furnace is completed in Po
  • A consulate is built in Aden
  • Various replacements are ordered

Last edited:
Wow! Your war is unrolling at lightning speed! Okay, that might be partially because I had some catch-up to do, but still - that's three updates on the war in less than two days.

Looks good for you. Those forces that retreated across your supply lines are either dead or neutralized (that stack in Kavala doesn't look very threatening currently) and you're already making very good progress at Adrianople. And what a bloody affair this is: between late February and early April you've lost about 33,000 Italians, while the Ottomans have lost somewhere in the region of 150,000 men (80,000 in the last three battles alone), if my rough adding up is right.

Overall, you seem to have a pretty secure hold on the Balkans already, and the war has only just begun.

ah the wonders of the AGEOD retreat routine ... which can hand you a major victory or dump you deep in mire. In this case, its choice was logical given the game mechanisms, it retreated both to a province it had MC and back the way it had come

in general, fresh formations are exceptionally hard to really harm. You can inflict massive losses and not see any element loss, so its just a case of keeping up the pressure till finally those losses do convert into permanent damage. So armies start a war quite robust and over time become more and more of a thin shell.

Anyway, your opening gambit has worked well and with some luck you should cull that army over winter and snag Adrianople - which in combination is quite an impressive start

Sorry Loki I missed your comment in the rush to update the AAR:blink:

I don't really have a problem with how the Ottomans retreated as you say it was logical by the rules of the game it is my understanding that needs some adjustment. There choice of retreat has actually been to my advantage in the end as they managed to sandwich themselves right in the middle of my most powerful forces especially as I was able to open an alternate supply path to Adrianople via Plovdiv.

Not really having much experience of AGEOD games other than this beast the resilience of armies has also come as a bit of a shock. To kill a force or at least cause it heavy casualties seems to require that you have multiple forces ready to follow up any victory to catch the enemy when its cohesion is low. Particularly effective seems to be if you can drive them into another force on the same turn you get them to retreat.

Wow! Your war is unrolling at lightning speed! Okay, that might be partially because I had some catch-up to do, but still - that's three updates on the war in less than two days.

Looks good for you. Those forces that retreated across your supply lines are either dead or neutralized (that stack in Kavala doesn't look very threatening currently) and you're already making very good progress at Adrianople. And what a bloody affair this is: between late February and early April you've lost about 33,000 Italians, while the Ottomans have lost somewhere in the region of 150,000 men (80,000 in the last three battles alone), if my rough adding up is right.

Overall, you seem to have a pretty secure hold on the Balkans already, and the war has only just begun.

Thanks! My initial goal was always to get to Adrianople as fast as possible if this falls then the Balkans are as good as lost to the Ottoman cause as there is no way the AI is going to be able to attack across the straits in the face of 2 powerful armies and so far at least it is panning out this way. Ahh words that no doubt will come back and bite me:D

Regarding the casualties even though a lot of the Ottoman ones are made up of prisoners (missing, wounded etc?) my gut feeling tends towards the fact that they are somewhat overstated in PON. I realise that warfare of the period was undergoing dramatic change under the impetus of technological innovation compounded by the fact that armies are somewhat conservative and tend to base their tactics on the last war they fought (the Prussians being a notable exception) which probably led to higher casualty rates than those at the beginning of the century. Still the figures do seem high.

Last edited:
Perhaps the reason they are no longer on the score screen is that you have hammered them so hard they have less power than Japan. Seems unlikely but after that pasting you did on them completely plausible.

that naval battle was a bit of a shock. In a way it doesn't matter as you can funnel most of your reinforcements via Tirana but ...

on land that was a great sequence, setting up ping-pong is a good way to really cull a force (esp as you get the additional hits on retreating) and helps tip numerical losses into lost elements. With your NM so high, this may become brutal and short?

as an edit

about resiliance. A good eg is in mine and Narwhal's War of 1812 AAR. My Americans did well in 1812-13 but just fell apart in 1814. The main reason was I had never really sorted out the supply so they failed to replenish. The effect was I started the 1814 campaign season with what looked like a decent army (well as decent as the Americans are in that scenario) and after a few battles and a few attrition hits, it just crumbled.

Last edited:
Perhaps the reason they are no longer on the score screen is that you have hammered them so hard they have less power than Japan. Seems unlikely but after that pasting you did on them completely plausible.

Thanks Thandros, I think you are right. I've always assumed countries appear on this screen partly due to there prestige but perhaps the main criteria is army strength (and relationship ie neutral or friendly)

that naval battle was a bit of a shock. In a way it doesn't matter as you can funnel most of your reinforcements via Tirana but ...

on land that was a great sequence, setting up ping-pong is a good way to really cull a force (esp as you get the additional hits on retreating) and helps tip numerical losses into lost elements. With your NM so high, this may become brutal and short?

as an edit

about resiliance. A good eg is in mine and Narwhal's War of 1812 AAR. My Americans did well in 1812-13 but just fell apart in 1814. The main reason was I had never really sorted out the supply so they failed to replenish. The effect was I started the 1814 campaign season with what looked like a decent army (well as decent as the Americans are in that scenario) and after a few battles and a few attrition hits, it just crumbled.

Yes I wasn't expecting that set back at sea. Partly it was due to the fact I had split my fleet to cover two landing areas and partly the Ottomans had heavier ships (2 battleship squadrons versus my 1). Still whilst a tactical defeat it has not really affected anything strategically. All the land forces I intended to land are already ashore. I did carry out a risky move around greece with just my transports on evade orders as I moved to unite both parts of Garibaldis army quickly however I think the Ottomans had already retired to port to repair damage so I got away with it. As I now control the northern coast of the Bosphorus I have ordered both armies to bombard so that should hopefully restrict there movement in the future.

Now I just need to figure how I am going to get my forces across the Bosphorus.

1866 May - Adrianople Falls

Balkans Theatre

Situation Early May:
05EStart.jpg

II Army continues to make progress at Adrianople inflicting another breach in the fortifications there (for a total of 3).

I Army began its siege of the Ottoman fortifications on the Gallipoli peninsular. The remaining part of I Army completes its hazardous naval dash (in light of our main battle fleet being in port to lick its wounds) into Kavala. The remainder of I Army (with most of its artillery and siege guns) will now march overland to join up with their comrades.

I and II Armies dig their artillery in along the Bosphorus to intercept shipping. (I’d forgotten to toggle the option to bombard)

The marines capture the depot at Sophia and force the rebels to retreat to Ogosta.

The cavalry raid up the black sea coast captures Burgas and discovers the Ottomans have garrisons in the other 2 regions along the coast.

3rd cavalry division forces the Ottoman light cavalry force to retreat from Nish and also secures the surrounding region.

Planned Moves:
05EMoves.jpg

• II Army will order the assault on Adrianople
  • I Army will continue its siege operations and await reinforcements
  • The marines will march on Plevna to take the depot.
  • Cavalry divisions will push north to take Sliven and west in an attempt to take Sarajevo which is held by a garrison brigade.
  • A light infantry brigade will move to Sophia to provide a garrison for the depot there.

Situation Late May (East):
05LStartE.jpg

In preparation for there assault II Army creates another breech in the defences (total 4 +10 hits)

The Marines encounter Militia outside of Plevna:
05LBattleAdr1.jpg

On the next day the main assault begins on Adrianople(no screenshot)
We carry the city and suffer 7072 (76) v 50400 (432) casualties (hits). 17 garrison regiments are forced to surrender and 1 NM point is gained.

Situation Late May (West):
05LStartNW.jpg

Our cavalry division is held at the outskirts of Sarajevo:
05LBattleSara1.jpg

A rebel infantry regiment is destroyed in Sliven however its attached artillery regiment manages to evade capture.

Planned Moves East:
05LMoves.jpg

• II Army will rest and take on replacements and supplies
  • I Army will assault the defences at Galipolli
  • The marines will continue to siege Plevna.
  • A light cavalry brigade will hunt down the rebel artillery unit in Sliven.

Planned Moves West:
05LMovesWest.jpg

A light infantry brigade will take over the advance on Sarajevo whilst the cavalry units in the area rest and take on replacements.

Our national morale is 131 versus 76. Our casualties rise from 107900 to 119300 (+11400) whilst Ottoman casualties rise from 251150 (early April) to 398300 (+147150) this includes the defeat of the enemy army in Kavala and the fall of Adrianople.

05LPrestige.jpg

Elsewhere

• We master breech loaded artillery (3 new units)
  • We master mechanical precision saw (+10% wood structure input/output; allows steam powered saw mill)
  • General Cuchiari is promoted to 3 stars.
  • We purchase an infantry brigade.
  • We start a wood logging farm in Bromberg Prussia.
  • We start a fort and coaling station in Aden
  • We complete missions in Tripolitania and Qatar.
  • We completed a natural history expedition in Contondu (West Africa)

Last edited:
It's an unending string of victories! Okay, not counting the minor setback at Sarajevo... The Ottomans seem to be reeling, they have not yet mounted any serious defense or counterattack. Looks like the war is well in hand.

I think your early version of blitzkrieg has really done the business for you, or to keep this in character guerra lampo. You shiould bounce them from Istanbul pretty soon and with the respective NMs it will just be a case of determing how much you can gain and how long you are prepared to spin it out.

With hindsight, I really made a mess in my war with that formation I trapped in the mountains. I spent ages waiting for it to starve (while they recovered to some extent) and then botched its destruction so it was able to absorb all those replacements

It's an unending string of victories! Okay, not counting the minor setback at Sarajevo... The Ottomans seem to be reeling, they have not yet mounted any serious defense or counterattack. Looks like the war is well in hand.

So far so good. I'm hoping that the final stage (the capture of Constantinople) will be enough to bring the Ottomans to the negotiating table

I think your early version of blitzkrieg has really done the business for you, or to keep this in character guerra lampo. You shiould bounce them from Istanbul pretty soon and with the respective NMs it will just be a case of determing how much you can gain and how long you are prepared to spin it out.

With hindsight, I really made a mess in my war with that formation I trapped in the mountains. I spent ages waiting for it to starve (while they recovered to some extent) and then botched its destruction so it was able to absorb all those replacements

I think if I had an Ottoman army in the same position I would have done the same thing. I was a little suprised how an army so badly out of supply was not destroyed during the 2 or 3 battles you forced on it.

One thing that causes countries to disappear from the F10 summary screen is your relations.

If below minus 25 then the country usually does not appear.

That is true to a point but if you have hostile relations and are at war with a country that country will appear on the list highlighted red. I am pretty sure now that the score list of countries is made up of and ordered by military power. As I think i temporarily decimated Ottoman military power I think they went off the bottom of the list.

1866 June - Opening the Bosphorus

Balkans Theatre

Situation Early June:
06StartE_zps97a79e67.jpg

This month proved to be fairly quiet as Italian Armies carried out sieges and took on replacements. The main action occurred at Gelibolu (Gallipoli) where I Army completed its siege:
06EBattleGelibolu_zps3276ae12.jpg

II Army remained on the defensive in Adrianople whilst it replaced its artillery with the new breech loaders now arriving from Italy.

The marines made slow progress against Plevna inflicting just a single breach on the defences.

In the west the Ottoman forces retreated into Sarajevo and a siege duly begun.

Planned Moves Early June:
06EMovesE_zps31a8924d.jpg

After capturing Gelibou I Army marched back into Adrianople to replenish whist II Army took up the burden of the advance by crossing the straits to besiege Canakkale.

06LStart_zps3f0f5e97.jpg

This move once completed would open the Bosphorus to naval movement and hence allow a naval blockade of Constantinople.

Planned Moves Late June:
06LMoves_zpse514860a.jpg

• I Army will begin what is hoped will be the culmination of the campaign by advancing on Constantinople. At Constantinople there is a mixed Ottoman force led by our old foe Adbi Pasha (roughly 2000 power + garrison troops)
  • II Army is ordered to assault the fortifications at Canakkale. Scouts report another small Ottoman force just to the south around Smyrna (700 power)
  • The marines are also ordered to bring the siege of Plevna to a conclusion.
  • In the west a Militia Division moves towards Sarajevo in an attempt to wrap up the campaign here.

Our national morale is 131 versus 79 (+3). Our casualties rise from 119300 to 122550 (+3250) whilst Ottoman casualties rise from 398300 to 401700 (+3400). Ottoman prisoners rise from 71400 to 98700 (27300) (garrison surrenders)

06LPrestige_zpsc46d8e19.jpg

Elsewhere:
  • Units upgrade to the new breech loading artillery
  • Coaling station in Albania is completed
  • Fort in Tabor (Ethiopia) is completed
  • Textile shop in Tuscany is completed
  • We mastered Precision Micrometer (gives 2nd tier structure for mechanical parts)
  • Discovered the province of Ptomey (West Africa)

Last edited:
good solid set of turns ... always a good idea in any AGE game to take your time, recover, regain losses etc.

be careful about the fleet in the Dardenelles, I managed to get 60% of my combat ships sunk as I wasn't paying attention, between coastal fort guns and land units set to bombard you can end up with a lot of hits on your ships over a 15 day turn

When you take Istanbul, that should be it, with their NM after such an event, you'll generate a decent WarScore pretty quickly