• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have reached one of those points where I think I need to step in and slightly modify the game.

I have just completed the first half of 1865 and there is absolutely no sign that the French AI is going to pull it's finger out and actually build the Suez Canal and unfortuneately it seems that it is the only power that can do so.

I have during this period completed the Suez Canal technology (which as far as I can tell is strictly descriptive and gives no other benefits/bonuses to my nation) and as such thought it would be reasonable to add the canal structure and decision to Italy for me to build. Does anyone think this is an unreasonable / gamey thing to do?

Last edited:
well I did exactly the same thing - it will still cost you a lot and take about 20 years to build so its not as if you are handing yourself an instant bonus.

a better chain with the canal would be to give France first chance and then if they do not act on it - open it up to others. In that case, given the nature of Imperial holdings, it should be either Italy (if you are following an E Med strategy) or the UK that picks up the potential?

Unsuprisingly, I agree with loki. Historically, the French built the canal, yes, but if they're not showing any interest to do so, it's reasonable that other powers might step in. It's not as if France was the only country that considered building a canal, or could see the strategic potential for such a canal.

With Italy's interests in the region it strikes me as entirely logical that you would mod in the ability to build the canal. Especially if, as loki says, it costs an arm and a leg and it takes a long time before it finishes. It's not cheating, unless you decide to give yourself an instant and free canal. :)

well I did exactly the same thing - it will still cost you a lot and take about 20 years to build so its not as if you are handing yourself an instant bonus.

a better chain with the canal would be to give France first chance and then if they do not act on it - open it up to others. In that case, given the nature of Imperial holdings, it should be either Italy (if you are following an E Med strategy) or the UK that picks up the potential?

Are you currently building the canal and if so how did you do it? I have given myself the suez regional decision and added the suez canal structure to my pool but it won't let me play the decision on Suez for some reason (says an invalid structure would occur) Any ideas?

I agree the event chain could be better. As a simple solution I think as soon as the Suez tech is researched the suez regional decision should become available to your country. If that was the case Britain and France should start with the tech to give them the advantage.

Unsuprisingly, I agree with loki. Historically, the French built the canal, yes, but if they're not showing any interest to do so, it's reasonable that other powers might step in. It's not as if France was the only country that considered building a canal, or could see the strategic potential for such a canal.

With Italy's interests in the region it strikes me as entirely logical that you would mod in the ability to build the canal. Especially if, as loki says, it costs an arm and a leg and it takes a long time before it finishes. It's not cheating, unless you decide to give yourself an instant and free canal. :)

In respect to the local goat herders in the region who might be mildly suprised to wake up to find a rather large canal where their flock used to be I will endeavour to build the canal the old fashioned way with the blood, sweat and tears of my beloved subjects;)

Last edited:
I've left a comment over on the AGEOD forum with the script I ran - in effect I just pruned the relevant French decision down to its bare minimum. I wonder if in your game the French started and failed, so there is some remnant of the decision in the province? Can't think what else is relevant as I don't think your relations with Egypt come into play

1865 Jan to Jun - The world falls in love with Italy / Cruising in the Med

Diplomacy

Our diplomatic manoeuvres towards Greece and the acquisition of a supply treaty are all rebuffed during this period. Perhaps the reality of what the Greek government signed up to last year and the prospect of large Italian armies stationed on their territory have caused one or two politicians to rethink their position. In what seems a placating gesture the Greeks place an order for a new frigate squadron at our shipyard in Liguria.

GreekWarship_zps96e9d628.jpg

The coming six months will see us make another determined effort to acquire that allusive supply treaty from the Greeks. In addition we will test the waters with Montenegro to see what concessions we can acquire from them as they just so happen to border our invasion site at Tirana.

Our relations with the USA continue to improve and this culminates in the US government seeking to arrange a state visit.

Over the past few years we have noticed a substantial increase in the budget for the diplomatic corps. When questioned senior diplomats claim that the funds have been used to provide lavish banquets in foreign capitals in the hope of influencing the great and the good of these nations. This has been hugely successful with many states now proclaiming “eternal” friendship with our nation.

** In reality at the end of June for no reason I could see (could be a bug) relations with all the powers increased markedly. If I was to guess because I have not been monitoring country relations closely all powers increased there relationship with us by 25 points or so! I’m not sure if this will disappear as fast as it came but it certainly makes the world a friendlier place.

Military

As we seek to legitimise our claims against the Ottoman Empire we send out several naval squadrons to “fly the flag” in the Eastern Mediterranean. This aggressive patrolling also provides us with valuable information on our enemies’ capabilities. These voyages identify 3 Turkish armies

Adrianople:
Adrianople_zps25c556e4.jpg

Samaria:
Samaria_zps2118abcf.jpg

Mugla:
Mugla_zps28bf744e.jpg

We also seek to increase the power of our East African colonial army with the addition of several new units. These new units arrived in theatre at the end of May.

ColonialReinforce_zps42714334.jpg

Our war with the Sheewa takes another twist as we finally manage to break the bloody stalemate. In February General Caldini takes the initiative and in a series of bloody battles drives the Sheewa from Abyssinia altogether and across the border into the rump state of Ethiopia. Whilst bloodied and defeated the brave Sheewan warriors are still a force to be reckoned with and with this in mind we have placed forces along the border to keep them from the lands now claimed by the Empire.

SheewaExpelled_zpsb5995bfa.jpg

It is hoped that our diplomats may now find a way to permanently end the bloodshed.

In April we continue to improve our fortifications on the Austrian border in Po, Romagna and Toscana (expanding to level 3 industrial fort)

We built the following naval units:
  • 1 x Frigate Squadron
  • 1 x Scouting Squadron
  • Replacements: 3 x Merchant Ship; 1 x Light Warship
We built the following land units:
  • 1 x Infantry Corps L
  • 1 x Infantry Division
  • 5 x Supply Wagons
  • 1 x Signal Regiment
  • 1 x Balloon Observation Regt
  • 1 x Pioneer Regiment
  • 2 x Field Artillery Regiments
  • 1 x Siege Artillery
  • 1 x Light Cavalry
  • 1 x Garrison (Calabria)
Economy

Our internal market:
  • Food 80
  • Common Goods 68
  • Luxuries 44
We begin tackling the low steel output issue by starting the construction of another new mill. In the next few months we are due to get new technologies which will give us several 2nd generation factories. These include improved steel factories.

Again economic expansion took a back seat to military expansion in this period.

Organic Stockpile:
Organic-1_zps1d783d72.jpg

Inorganic Stockpile:
Inorganic-1_zpsfa15cfdc.jpg

Balance of Trade June:
BalanceOftrade_zps3c558854.jpg

We started the following industrial improvements:
  • Railroad - Djibuti - January
  • Steel Furnace - Parma - April
  • Textile Shop - Toscana - June
We completed the following industrial improvements:
  • Fruit Farm - Calabria - April
  • Ammunition Shop - Abruzzo - May
  • Shipbuilding - Campania - June
We learned how to harness the following technologies:
  • Ironclad Trains (-25% cohesion loss and -15% hits whilst moving)
  • Steam Trawlers (Gives fishing harbour structure)
  • Guncotton (Allows brown prismatic powder tech)
  • Hard rock mining (15% input \ output costs for Iron \ Coal \ Minerals \ Gold \ Gems)
  • Structural Steel (Changes icon used to display towns on map)
We started researching the following technologies:
  • Grants for Settlement of Aboriginal Lands
  • Social Darwinism
  • The Paris Commune
  • Anarchism
  • Elementary Education Act
  • Recognition of Trade Unions
  • Brown Prismatic Powder
  • Reinforced Concrete
In January several cities saw an increase in their urban populations Palermo, Cagliari and La Spezia.

In February we passed an education reform act.

In May we started construction of telecom networks in Savoire and Firenze and in June began expanding the sewer systems in Romagna and Abruzzo.

Our contentment rises slightly to 83% whilst militancy remains at 1%

Colonisation

For several years now soldiers, merchants and explorers have been moving southward from our colony in Somalia into the area known as Kenya. This activity has reached such a point that Kenya is now formally ready to be given protectorate status.

Kenya_zpsb5e23902.jpg

In February the colonial prestige gain per turn increases from 1 to 2.

In May Djibuti is formally adopted as a colony in our empire

Italy’s colonial empire

Areas ready for formal status:
  • Kenya
Protectorates:
  • Eritrea
  • Abyssinia
  • Zanzibar
Protectorates ready for colonial status:
  • Abyssinia
Colonies:
  • Somalia
  • Somaliland
  • Dubai
  • Djibuti
Expeditions:
  • Natural History - Qatar / Ghaydah (Arabia)
  • Anthroplogical - Haramut (Arabia)
  • National Geographic - Misurata, Tripoli
  • We explore the Kilgum (Uganda)
We completed the following Colonial buildings:
  • Zanzibar - Anchorage
  • Asella - School
  • Djibuti - Depot, Harbour, Governors Residence
  • Mogadishu - Harbour improved (to level 4)
  • Lamu - Mission
  • Asawa - Mission
  • Negele - Mission
Prestige

The gap to France in 4th position closes to just over 2200 points. In January we passed 11,000 points.

Prestige-1_zpsf6452405.jpg

Last edited:
I think I had a wave of love for Italy at about the same stage - now I put it down to the fact that I'd heavily reduced import tariffs as I was awash in state cash after inheriting all the Italian minors. In my case it evaporated fairly quickly.

You are making impressive progress with prestige, exploration and converting East Africa to an Italian region.

Looking at your final screen, it doesn't seem as if the Austrians are *that* strong, but then I guess that is their army before any mobilisation?

You are right the Austrians weren't all that strong but I'm not really sure what factors the F10 screen is taking into account such as is the military power just land power or does it include naval power as well?

I've just got to the end of 1865 and the Austrian rating has doubled. Either they have gone on a unit spending spree or as I suspect they have just received a military tech such as breech loading rifles and all their units have upgraded. Either way it is a slighly worrying statistic

Last edited:
1865 Jul to Dec - The Sheewa Defeated / The Army Deploys

Diplomacy

In a series of very protracted negotiations with the tribal leaders in Abyssinia our diplomats succeed where our army has so often failed by finally managing to settle our longest running conflict with the Sheewa. The price for the enemy is steep with all of Abyssinia now formally surrendered to the empire and incorporated as a colony. As a gesture of respect to a brave enemy they are permitted to retain their arms and will now serve as an auxiliary force to the colonial army.

Annexations_zps7ba27c6e.jpg

** I finally succeeded in declaring a colony over Abyssinia. Both Abyssinia and Sheewa are annexed and hey presto the war is finally over. I have now inherited significant forces from these 2 states which whilst useful are already adding to the burden of supply in the area. A portion of these forces are moving to Djibuti on the Red Sea in preparation for opening a second front against the Ottomans.

Abyssinian forces
Abysinia_zps218c4972.jpg

Sheewan Forces
Sheewa_zps1e16207d.jpg

During August the Greeks finally acceded to our requests for supply rights.
Montenegro desperately rebuffs all our attempts for a similar set of treaties which would have allowed us to strike at the Ottomans from the north.

Taking advantage of the love for all things Italian currently being experienced around the world we manage to further improve relations with the Prussians by signing a commercial agreement and agreeing to a state visit.

We have now secured friendly relations with four of the major powers France, Great Britain, USA and Prussia. Hopefully this will be enough to shield us from the worst of the international condemnation when operations begin against the Ottomans next year. The Ottomans remain diplomatically isolated and have no external allies.

Military

With the crossing of the T’s and the dotting of the I’s only just dry on the Greek supply treaty II Army boards ship for Attica ostensibly to discourage any Ottoman move against Greece. By the end of the year II Army is fully formed in Greece ready to strike north.

Greece_zps6bc359ca.jpg

At the same time our Marine Corps moves to its embarkation port in Calabria together with half our transport fleet.

Italy_zpsafbd520d.jpg

The main military focus in the last 6 months has been the build up of III Army. 2 Infantry Corps, 3 Divisions and several support units have been added to its OOB. This formation has been earmarked to defend Italy but may be deployed as a reserve force if our armies become bogged down in the Balkans.

IIIArmy_zpse270cd36.jpg

The next 3 months before the outbreak of hostilities will see us focus on building up our replacement pools.

The Ottoman war planned first phase:
Plan_zps1f636814.jpg

Sicily upgrades its fortifications (Industrial Level 2).

** All my European objective regions now have at least level 2 industrial fortifications with all but Sicily now building to the final level (level 3). This should help prevent national morale loss should the AI decide to go raiding.

We have built the following naval units:
  • 2 x Transport Squadrons
We have built the following land units:
  • 1 x Guards Infantry Corps
  • 1 x Cavalry Division
  • 1 x Mountain Division
  • 1 x Light Cavalry Brigade
  • 2 x Signals Regiment
  • 1 x Field Hospital
  • 1 x Labour Regiment
  • 2 x Balloon Observation Battalion
Economy

For the first time in nearly a decade textile demand greatly outstrips supply. With this increased demand prices on textiles have quadrupled. We are currently struggling to meet our requirements in this area and intend to build two new factories (the number of factories we have left in our structure pool) to meet our internal demand and to sell on the world market.

With the improved 2nd generation factories and new steel factory construction we are no longer facing bottlenecks in this area and are able to build up a healthy surplus.

Our Internal Market:
  • Food 86
  • Common Goods 72
  • Luxury Goods 48
Organic Stockpile:
Organic_zpse6acbd8e.jpg

Inorganic Stockpile:
Inorganic_zpsdeed5ab1.jpg

Balance of payments December:
BalanceOfTrade_zpsf2a18bce.jpg

We learned how to harness the following technologies:
  • Siemens Regenative Furnace (Adds steel structure upgrade steel factory)
  • Industrialised Silk Production (Adds silk structure upgrade silk orchard)
  • Ore Extraction & Processing (Adds upgrade structures for Iron, Minerals, Gold and Gems)
  • Flag Signalling (+10% to Short/Medium Range for light and heavy ships)
  • Dahlgren Guns (Allows rifled guns research)
We started researching the following technologies:
  • Blast Furnaces
  • Rifled Guns
We are funding research into:
  • Integration of Marine Engineers 43%
  • Iron Ships 61%
  • Precision Micrometer 76%
  • Iron Breech Loading Artillery 79%
  • Mechanical Precision Saw 80%
  • Coal Pit – Susquanna Valley (USA) - December
  • Upgrade to Silk Orchard – Rhone (France) – August
  • Upgrade to Steel Factory – Alessandria – August
  • Steel Furnace – Calabria – August
  • Opium Farm – Zanzibar – September
  • Ship building - Puglia – October
  • Upgrade to Steel Factory – Piedmont – October
  • Upgrade to Gems Pit – Dubai - October
Colonisation

This period sees us ramp up our colonial presence in North Africa as merchants, missionaries and diplomats descend on Libya.

In November Abyssinia becomes a colony and Kenya is declared as a protectorate. In December we begin our attempt to add Yemen as a protectorate.

Yemen_zpsf1e4c2bc.jpg

We discover coffee in Gonder and our explorers discover and map the province of Entebbe in Uganda. Explorers have now also arrived at Lome in West Africa with the intention of expanding our holdings in this area.

We completed the following Colonial buildings:
  • Roads – Tarbor, Assoca, Nairobi
  • Depot – Djibuti
  • Mission – Nairobi, Assella, Acra, Lome, Zanzibar
  • Outpost – Gonder, Aksum, Awsa, Asmara, Assab
  • School – Assella, Assab, Trucial
  • National Geographic Survey – Tripolitania
  • Antherpological Expedition – Qatar
  • Forts – Gonder, Zanzibar
  • Colonial Society – Markos
  • Consulate – Nairobi
Prestige

The gap to France in 4th place decreases to under 2000 points (1915). We move up to 4th place in terms of military power whilst Austria’s military power grows scarily (possibly due to a military tech upgrade). Our national morale is 120.

Prestige_zps845440c1.jpg

Last edited:
I am currently using MS Paint for my images. I am definately no graphic artist but with a war coming up I thought a few maps with arrows to denote progress (or lack of!) might be nice. Paint is definately not up to the task I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

loki can answer this better than I can (in fact, almost everyone can answer this better than I can), but I've used Jing a few times. It's free and lets you capture screens and add simple arrows and text boxes. I've primarily used it for a few RUS screens, to better explain to Narwhal how I messed up my entire front once again (and to explain/provide excuses as to why consequently he had to face loki's Reds mostly by himself), so I know it works with AGEOD screens.

Apart from the Austrian military rebound, the thing I find most striking to see is your wholesale approach to colonizing Africa, as compared to loki's path. You really seem to be planting the Italian flag up and down the eastern coast of the continent.

Maybe Austria's relative combat power advantage will go to the AI's head and it will decide that now is the time to strike back at the Empire's traditional enemies - Prussia, Russia and France? Preferably all at the same time?

Assuming that pipe dream won't come to fruition, I'm looking forward to your Ottoman Imbroglio. Certainly looks well-thought-out in advance.

so you are on the verge of going to war ... I still reckon that dow button in PoN was the scariest thing I've done in a SP computer game - its the knowledge of just how long it took to build up that army (well that and my decision to send Trotsky back to the Volga to liberate the sturgeon from Stuyvesant's evil whites :eek: )

that Ethiopian army is a real bonus and benefit .. they responded very differently to my Italians arriving in Addis Addaba. Stuyvesant is right, you have been very systemic in the colonial game and that large fort in Sicily is a good idea - esp if you do end up at war with GB

image manipulation. For the images I use paint.net. Its freeware but basically a useful upgrade on basic paint. Its not complex but you can do a few better images and, if you are so inclined start to play around with 'layers' etc (see robw963's excellent article for the AArlander). For image extraction from AGEOD games I use 'fast-stone capture' which is a less intrusive than some others but the freeware allows you to take full screen images (easier than print screen as it saves them as .jpg in a directory of your choice). The paid for version (I bought this as I use it also for my work) is about 19 euros and allows you to take partial screen images and annotate them (which I find invaluable when its not clear at a later stage why I wanted to capture that particular image). You can also make videos of the turn processing ...

loki can answer this better than I can (in fact, almost everyone can answer this better than I can), but I've used Jing a few times. It's free and lets you capture screens and add simple arrows and text boxes. I've primarily used it for a few RUS screens, to better explain to Narwhal how I messed up my entire front once again (and to explain/provide excuses as to why consequently he had to face loki's Reds mostly by himself), so I know it works with AGEOD screens.

Apart from the Austrian military rebound, the thing I find most striking to see is your wholesale approach to colonizing Africa, as compared to loki's path. You really seem to be planting the Italian flag up and down the eastern coast of the continent.

Maybe Austria's relative combat power advantage will go to the AI's head and it will decide that now is the time to strike back at the Empire's traditional enemies - Prussia, Russia and France? Preferably all at the same time?

Assuming that pipe dream won't come to fruition, I'm looking forward to your Ottoman Imbroglio. Certainly looks well-thought-out in advance.

I have tried to cover all the angles for this war taking on board what happened with Loki and my own pretty tame colonial experience however I think the plan might last as long as it takes my laptop to process the first war turn if my other plans are anything to go by:)

I have very much enjoyed the colonial game I have to say however progress here will taper off now as I have run out of suitable canditates for inclusion into our "enlightened" empire. I have moved my focus onto Libya now with the hope of building my position there in anticipation of nabbing it from the Ottomans.

Thanks for the screen capture program recomendation.

so you are on the verge of going to war ... I still reckon that dow button in PoN was the scariest thing I've done in a SP computer game - its the knowledge of just how long it took to build up that army (well that and my decision to send Trotsky back to the Volga to liberate the sturgeon from Stuyvesant's evil whites :eek: )

that Ethiopian army is a real bonus and benefit .. they responded very differently to my Italians arriving in Addis Addaba. Stuyvesant is right, you have been very systemic in the colonial game and that large fort in Sicily is a good idea - esp if you do end up at war with GB

image manipulation. For the images I use paint.net. Its freeware but basically a useful upgrade on basic paint. Its not complex but you can do a few better images and, if you are so inclined start to play around with 'layers' etc (see robw963's excellent article for the AArlander). For image extraction from AGEOD games I use 'fast-stone capture' which is a less intrusive than some others but the freeware allows you to take full screen images (easier than print screen as it saves them as .jpg in a directory of your choice). The paid for version (I bought this as I use it also for my work) is about 19 euros and allows you to take partial screen images and annotate them (which I find invaluable when its not clear at a later stage why I wanted to capture that particular image). You can also make videos of the turn processing ...

Thanks for the program tips I will take a look!

I have just played up to February and delivered the declaration of war to the Ottomans. Blimey you are right I must have done several laps of the house trying to remember if I had done everything I needed to and to give me time to pluck up the nerve to press the end turn button:wacko: I have invested a lot of time in this game so far and a disastorous campaign could set me back a long long way! Unlike a lot of computer games this one makes you feel that there are consequences to your actions. On the plus side Gari the Terminator turned up in January obviously he sensed there was a little death and destruction in the air!

I am glad that the Ethiopians came over peaceably I didn't fancy chasing down a 1500pwr stack over the length and breadth of East Africa. Saying that the majority of them are not armed with rifles so assuming you have gone against them with a reasonably large army you should prevail in the end.

I think I am going to move the AAR over to monthly updates now that the war has finally started

Last edited:
Good luck, show those Ottomans what you are made of.

Lately I am kind of tempted to write an PON AAR myself, however my US campaign is already too far ahead so It wouldn't be fun starting in the middle.

Good luck, show those Ottomans what you are made of.

Lately I am kind of tempted to write an PON AAR myself, however my US campaign is already too far ahead so It wouldn't be fun starting in the middle.

Thanks for the support I'll probably need it!

I think a PON AAR for the USA would be interesting no matter what the stage. The mid to late part of this game is not reached very often (with 1600 turns in the campaign not that suprising I suppose) so any light that can be shed here will probably be lapped up by players and developers alike.

Last edited:
1866 Jan to Feb - The Eve of War / Garibaldi Returns

Diplomacy

At the beginning of February our government reluctantly responds to the many Ottoman “provocations” and "slights" we have suffered over the past decade. Diplomats formally declare that a state of war exists between Italy and the Ottoman Empire. The fate of our nation now rests in the hands of our brave soldiers crammed into dingy transport holds from the Adriatic to the Mediterranean.

The drum beat of war however has stirred the return of a hero of the unification. Garibaldi is back!

EventGaribaldi_zps08e0ec3b.jpg

Elsewhere the British perhaps with an eye on the crises in the Med continue to refuse us supply rights at their bases and we gave movement and supply rights to the Prussians. The Chinese strike a major blow at the Taipang rebellion by capturing Nanking.

Military

With Garibaldi’s return Victor Emanuel steps down as head of I Army to coordinate the running of the war from Rome. Garibaldi accepts command of I Army whilst the force he has raised joins the 2nd echelon forces marshalling in Rome. These forces will work behind our armies to secure our line of communications.

In early February our Adriatic fleet slips anchor with assault units of I Army to take position off Tirana. At the same time the marine transports and their escorts weigh anchor from Calabria to take up assault positions in the Aegean Sea. There mission to capture Thessalonica is by far the most dangerous of all the forces involved in the initial phase. If successful however the road to Adrianople should lay open.

General Fanti readies II Army in Greece for a rapid march north to link up and relieve the Marines in their isolated beachhead.

WarBalkansFebL_zps068b6b6e.jpg

We also withdraw our merchants from the Black Sea.

It is rumoured that the manufacture and distribution of the new Breech Loading Artillery could begin as soon as June.

** The research of Breech loading artillery is at 86% so should be available somewhere between the next 7 to 10 turns (with funding).

A Balkan campaign medal is issued to our assault troops in an attempt to keep morale as high as possible. (I used the military medal decree in January)

In anticipation of heavy casualties we begin the training of replacements for our combat formations.

We have built the following naval units:
  • Replacements: 4 x Light Warship; 3 x Merchant
We have built the following land units:
  • Replacements: 1 x Elite Infantry; 7 x Line Infantry; 1 x Light Infantry; 3 x Cavalry; 2 x Heavy Cavalry; 2 x Field Artillery; 1 x Light Artillery; 1 x Supply
Economy

• Textile Shop - Tuscany - February
  • Commerce Steamer (constructed by the business men event)
Colonisation

Regular troops and our small naval detachment are moving to Djibuti which will be the center of our operations in this theatre. Their initial mission will be to secure Yemen after its declaration as our Protectorate which should occur in the next month or so. Once this is completed we will use this as our base of operations for striking at Medina and the rest of Ottoman controlled Arabia.

Small forces are also massing in Massawa Harbour with the aim of capturing the Ottoman holdings in this province.

EastAfrica_zps83452ab9.jpg

At the same time we will begin landing Ethiopian irregular forces along the Red Sea coast with the aim of disrupting any Ottoman build up.

Prestige

Our national morale stands at 120

Prestige-1_zps75d597eb.jpg

Last edited:
Argh! Egregious cliffhanger! What will happen, what will happen?!? ;)

You've thrown the dice, now lets see how they roll. It seems that you have a more advantageous starting point than loki had, but I'll be interested to find out if the Ottomans will throw similarly large armies at you, once the war gets going.

I'd suggest do it. As Powloon says, we have very few views of late game PoN and Kensai showed just how fascinating a 'campaign' AAR drawn from a wider game can be

as with Stuyvesant ... hah, a cliff hanger ...

well you do seem well prepared and its good that the big G has returned from his sulk in time to help. But I'd suspect the Ottomans will manage at least one huge military build up, even if they can't sustain it.

btw - how do you rename your armies? would be incredibly useful for keeping track of stuff

I'd suggest do it. As Powloon says, we have very few views of late game PoN and Kensai showed just how fascinating a 'campaign' AAR drawn from a wider game can be

as with Stuyvesant ... hah, a cliff hanger ...

Maybe I will do, I have been toying with the idea of a PON AAR for some time, the only reason why I am not doing it it's because I actually already planning to do a BOR AAR ( hopefully MP) once it comes out.

Last edited: