• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What should the new name be?

• A World of Difference

Votes: 5 20,8%
  • Revision

Votes: 1 4,2%
  • Insolitus Universalis

Votes: 7 29,2%
  • New World Order

Votes: 4 16,7%
  • Deviation

• Historia Insolitus

Votes: 3 12,5%
  • History Reforged

• Something else again

Votes: 2 8,3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incompetent said:
I think we can blame the Yanks for this one, in the same way that if the Internet had been pioneered in a language that had accents, there'd never have been any difficulty in getting them to display properly. I know the US still loves first-past-the-post, and unlike in the UK (which has an independent commission to draw boundaries), in the US the politicians get to decide where they want the constituency borders to be, so as to make most seats as uncompetitive as possible! Doesn't Canada have first-past-the-post as well?

Anyway, how do you do STV with just one poll?

Yes, Canada does. But not forever, I hope. We have finally elected a government that wants at least an elected, proportional Senate. Not that I want the conservatives for anything else, mind you.

mikl said:
I like Deviation and Variation because they respect our roots, Aberration.

I like New World Order and Interregnum as well.

But I feel that we should have another Poll to decide whether we should have another Poll.

Democracy at its best :D

How about a poll to see if we should even have polls?

Maybe nobody wants a democracy? In which case, the will of the people says we get rid of the will of the people. Which is kinda like those time travel conundrums, or the statement "I always tell lies".

It's always better if an elit of the people decide, haven't history taught you guys anything? :D

But since this is aberration.. ;)

MattyG said:
How about a poll to see if we should even have polls?

Maybe nobody wants a democracy? In which case, the will of the people says we get rid of the will of the people. Which is kinda like those time travel conundrums, or the statement "I always tell lies".

I think we have had enough discussion to know that:

New World Order 4 votes
A World of Difference 5 votes
Insolitus Universalis 4 votes

plus Interregnum, which would have got 4 votes had it been suggested. Variation is nice, but every new suggestion is nice.

Let's have a new poll, a shoot-out between those 4.

mikl said:
I think we have had enough discussion to know that:

New World Order 4 votes
A World of Difference 5 votes
Insolitus Universalis 4 votes

plus Interregnum, which would have got 4 votes had it been suggested. Variation is nice, but every new suggestion is nice.

Let's have a new poll, a shoot-out between those 4.

Insolitus is the real winner. There are two ariations of it, for a total of 8 votes.

But, sure, that sounds like a reasonable idea. But don't we want to have Variation in that mix?

MattyG said:
Insolitus is the real winner. There are two ariations of it, for a total of 8 votes.

But, sure, that sounds like a reasonable idea. But don't we want to have Variation in that mix?

That is probably because it is in 2 different names. I wonder if every name there had a "The" particle attached we woudl conclude all voted going to The May we have one more poll please.

tarakan said:
That is probably because it is in 2 different names. I wonder if every name there had a "The" particle attached we woudl conclude all voted going to The May we have one more poll please.

Archduke will post the final poll sometime soon. Yes, the final one. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.