• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh god! xD

BAD NEWS EVERYONE!

images

It turns out when I was updating my Kaiserreich (and ARMA) to 1.2 I seemed to overwrite my savefile for this game!?!?!?!?

But I'm not giving up on this AAR

In fact! This is not just a shameless bump and piece of news; BUT ALSO a shameless bump and piece of news that INCLUDES an update on continuation on this AAR.

Basically I'm either gonna have it so the first half was a cheesy "IT TURNED OUT TO BE A DREAM" sequence.

Or one of you three people following this AAR get to decide the events which transpired and led to the Republic's original borders.

Taking out a gold plated pointer (that showed its age through rust and fading plating)

I'm such a sucker for detail that I have to point out that gold won't rust...so I'm guessing that it couldn't be the plating which got rusty
Though if the plating had receded due to wear and tear, it is possible that rust could start forming on the interior base metal...

damn you had me going there until I noticed that...now my whole immersion experience is ruined....*sigh*

I'm sorry I couldn't point this out right from the beginning of your glorious endeavour but I guess what's done is done now...

:p

Hopefully you'll overcome you latest difficulties and keep this alive...only please just pay a little more attention to detail, will you?:D:D:D

Actually your point about the metal rusting under it was correct. Just didn't word correctly

Indeed...my english is not my strongest point either so I was hoping I made my point.

Just bear in mind that It's essential that the gold plating should recede for the thing to rust.
Rust is the oxidization of metal when it interacts with the 02 in the atmosphere...thus if the gold plating actually covers the whole surface of the thing and there's no dent on it or whatever it would actually shield the interior metal from rust as well...

*i'm sure this all sounds a bit surreal to you right now but that's chemistry for you dude and it's an exact science!*
:rofl:

Yeah never was good with Chemistry. Also the update will be delayed as I try to Mod in another Fengtien to MDS

If anyone knows how or is willing to help me please PM

Alright so guys

So I can't mod for my life. So I'm closing this AAR.

Unless someone has a save of a living Fengtien but a destroyed Japan and Fengtien owns china. Doubt anyone does so this is Closed until further notice

Awwwwwww. Ask for help in the Kaiserreich forum! There u will prolly get help!

1950-54: The Wall of Hispaniola and the Vietnam War (part 1)

(I apologize for this people but I am making it so this is only a Fengtien AAR in Technicality it will be explained in further detail in the next two updates. But the jist of what happened was after I lost my savegame someone posted on the Kaiserreich forums asking for someone to help me. So Queen (one of the KR developers) contacted me and I have spent the last three hours talking to him and making a new Fengtien Republic in MDS. Unfortunately we found a bunch of errors in what I was going to put for the events so I was forced to make change it from Fengtien to the Qing Empire. Basically Pu Yi has a brother (in real life HE’S 92!!) and in the 60’s after the defeat of the Syndies and most MittelEuropa by the Entente powered by a Canada/US Military coalition. After the defeat China was left to its own fate and a Syndicalist government rose up from it (This is just base MDS) but I will explain further as I said so if you can forgive me and keep reading then please do so. Three chapters will explain what happened from the Cold war to the Present time.)

March 30th 1979: The world was thrown into Chaos when the organized alliances in the world were forced into the largest armed conflict known to man. Things people thought were serious became mere skirmishes in comparison, and the Weltkrieg became but a mere story parents told their children to scare them to bed. The Combined forces of The Entente moved to extremes to outlive their rivals in Europe: through means of Economics and Military means. Through connections with the American Auto association the Canadian Military was expanded with thousands of new armor regiments and infantry equipment. The Germans however, could not simply stand by and watch the Entente grow in strength. So the Kaiser devised a plan that would cause the gentle balance of the world to tip. Seeing a loophole in the Monroe Doctrine the German Empire began an effort of blatant colonialism in the Western Hemisphere. Transport ships carrying troops and civilians marched into the Dominican Republic, annexing it in the name of Germany and transforming the capital of Santo Domingo (Heiligen Sonntag) into a high-security colony. The living conditions of the natives were completely ignored by MittelEuropa and the Syndicalist powers. But the Entente would have nothing of the sorts happening in its own back yard.

guantanamo-getty-81477738.jpg

Outer perimeter of the German Colony of Heiligen Sonntag
To counteract this affront to American Security the Entente back United States of America Annexed the state of Haiti and effectively created the tensest area on the planet right in Hispaniola. Troops from MittelEuropa and the Entente were constantly on edge at the border; with tanks and ICBMs pointed at each other from each side. Then on June 13th 1954 the Americans developed something that would cause unrelenting horror in whoever said its name in regards to military control. They developed the first weapon of mass genocide: The Nuke. Tests were immediately launched in areas like Guam and Bikini Atoll, wiping out all forms of life on the islands. No one knew but these were the pretense to world war. As tensions rose between the Entente and MittelEuropa the Syndicalists began work on Asia. The small Indochinese colony of Germany, Vietnam was their target. French funding was sent to the North’s paramilitary colonial guardsmen, whom formed a resistance group because of the lack of attention the colonies got. Knowing the Syndicalists would take hold without intervention the minor power of Australasia sent thousands of dollars to the South of Vietnam, which had its paramilitary organization. They were known as the “Vietcong” and the “Provisional National Vietnamese Army” or the “PNVA” respectively. Both were sworn enemies of one another and when the North finally revolted, so did the south. Both sides were rushed to gain guarantees of independence from the Syndicalists and the Entente powers of the region. The Germans were forced to stay away from the conflict: lest risk a premature war.
288200834634_Vietnam%2520War2.jpg

Entente forces moving towards Syndicalist positions in the North

Last edited:
An exciting change of direction. I look forward to seeing where you will take it.

1955-1967: Vietnam war; "Harsh times are'a endin'"

March 14, 1955:
The worst part of the conflict in Vietnam was just starting: as Syndicalist forces led by Vietcong commander Trần Văn Trà began the deployment of chlorine gas to be used against the Entente backed PNVA and SASR troops. Luckily only the unprepared died, as when the first sign of gas appeared men all over the Entente side began to urinate on pieces of cloth and covering their faces[1]. The urine prevented major chaos and destruction of Entente troops and the estimated death toll from it was around 1700, instead of 17000. Usage of gas in combat against Entente forces caused widespread outrage in the international community and even got Germany involved, whom sent minor supplies to the South. This surprising development led the South to conquer major strongholds in the North and even led to the Bombings of Hanoi itself.

But not all news was good: Word from the west concluded that Vietcong soldiers were hiding in Laos, and widespread bombing began. This action caused the Laotian government to take drastic measures against the Entente. Three days later after bombing began the government in Vientiane to declare open war on South Vietnam (and unofficially the Entente itself). Laotian soldiers poured over the border into the territories surrounding Saigon. The western forces had not prepared for such an event and the city fell within the week. Ngo Dinh Diem and Nguyễn Văn Thiệu, two of the most important people in South Vietnam were assassinated by a general from Laos. But such a death failed to make them into Martyrs and the people of South Vietnam: without their two strongest members of cabinet, and capital thought themselves doomed.

gal_fall_saigon.jpg

North Vietnamese Tank at the fall of Saigon (a small tank brigade followed Laotian forces to claim victory for the North and not Laos)

At this point the only people willing to continue fighting were the Entente forces. Distraught with the inability to give up on the war, South Vietnamese soldiers rose up against the commanders of the Western forces. Thousands of soldiers surrendered to Northern troops and many Vietnamese commanders and figureheads declared the war, over. But Australasian commanders would not give up and launched a last-ditch offensive on the city of Qui Nhon (a major port city in this time-line). Three Brigades of SASR troops deployed on the coast and began the assault. No artillery, no support, and no turning back. These soldiers knew what they were doing and they did it. All three brigades split into three assault squads; each heading to different districts in the city, and planning to meet up at the town centre. But luck unfortunately was not on their side: The Western attack force ran into a major installation of sandbags and artillery, and were mowed down by machine guns. Both the frontal and Eastern attack groups were just as unlucky. The Frontal group was destroyed by Helicopters and IEDs; while the Eastern was decimated by six AMX 50s and three Conqueror tanks (sent by Syndicalist forces). This was a great shame for Australasia and the Entente promptly abandoned the small Syndicalist Nation (Under the new name "Communist") to it's own devices.

vietnam_retreat.jpg

Australasian Helicopters leave Vietnam with hundreds of people asking for them or their children to be taken to somewhere safe.

But, unknown to the Syndicalists the new "Communist" Power under Ho Chi Minh did not want to be associated with the Europeans and forced British and French troops to flee. Secretly Entente commanders cheered at this new development: knowing that if a war were to break out the Asian theater is secured from Laotian and Vietnamese communist forces.

New Year's Day 1967: Due to news being pushed towards the South the United China (under Legation rule) adopted the same Communist agenda as the nations under it, and began a total reformation. Religion was stamped out and the long abandoned capital of Beijing was re-inhabited. A new Communist bloc was formed; Under the command of Beijing, called the Shanghai Pact.

[1] Just a note this was a method in WW1 to avoid Gas attacks and was invented by a Canadian Doctor!

Sorry guys no update Today....

But I will tell you a hint on next chapter.
Despite school being a jerk to my schedule the next chapter will be expected monday, and the middle east will boil over.

(Someone respond and act sad or I will end up having a triple post and I have enough infractions already)

:O I dont prefer these kind of updates but I still want to see them!!

1969-1976 Downfall of the Turks and a Second Hell Part 1

(This chapter will be more of a Timeline for the first half due to time restraints (I’m writing this in the span of two days so :\)

(Can Anyone say cheap Tie-In?)

June 4th 1969: The Chinese Scientist, Fu-Jo Shi publishes a paper called, “The relativity Between Mankind and separate Timelines”. It was a hypothetical thesis that the current world he lived in was just a breakoff of a greater, more encompassing world of people’s; and that both Timelines will eventually join into one. Whether he meant the world he lived would keep its composer or morph into something stranger is completely up to the reader to guess. Since the well-known scientist died three days after its publishing from a tumor. Needless to say it was immediately dismissed as the ramblings of a man desperate for some last attention before dying.

January 1st 1970: After prolonged treatment and several strokes, Former first lady of La Plata, Eva Peron (or Evita) passed away. She was kept alive due primarily to extensive (and experimental) chemotherapy and medically induced comas. The country flung itself into mourning; as businesses of all kinds ejected patrons to their private grief. Her last words were confusing at best: citing instead of La Plata, the country she called her own was that called…Argentina.

January 31st 1970: A nationwide vote is set in La Plata on whether or not to honor Evita’s last words and rename the country to Argentina. After thirteen an almost unanimous vote of 99.999995% of the population voted to rename the country. Three days later it was done officially in the capital.

June 13th 1973: Large scale protests break out in Ankara, Istanbul, and many other major Ottoman cities. They call for a free democratic nation that consists of only Anatolia.

June 14th 1973: The Sultan’s private guard corps descends on protesters, killing 19.

June 15th 1974: The previous assault on citizens of the Empire causes the large amounts of the population to revolt. The Largest of these include those in Ankara, Istanbul, and a large Zionist revolt in Jerusalem and Gaza.

ScreenSave1.jpg

Major revolts in the Empite

June 18th 1974: Members of the Ottoman Empire’s higher Echelon of government join together in a special DMZ area located around the Hagia Sophia and sign a treaty that would change the course of the Middle East forever. Representatives of Each Rebel group meet here with the Sultan and each sign the pact. The charter states that all nations outside of the Anatolian area of The Empire are granted a right of Sovereignty. Those countries are as listed: Israel is released to the Zionist protesters, while Lebanon, Syria, Jordon, and Iraq are granted to the Muslim groups. The act also returns the Lands near German Sinai to Egypt and provides Hejaz with the Holy lands of Islam (except Jerusalem) Mecca, Medina and territory around it. Those gains then prompt the King of Hejaz to create “Saudi Arabia”, a unified Arabian kingdom. Meanwhile Anatolia is all that is left of the Ottomans; but even them rename themselves to Turkey and adopt a democratic state of government. The treaty also makes sure all sovereign states that rose from the Empire are to remain neutral in any conflict involving outside powers for thirteen years.

Countries around the world scramble to gain influence in these new countries. Saudi Arabia is the main target, because of its monopoly on the Oil market. But even then they stay neutral in the events that followed three weeks later.

July 8th, 1974: Tensions begin to rise in the Hispaniola front as more and more soldiers are carted to the border. Local health on the East side begins to deteriorate and many flee to the West. German troops however will have none of this and are ordered to kill any border crossers on sight. This order proves to be a vantage point for allied belligerence. The Entente’s strongest countries meet in Ontario and discuss the use of this plan. The American representative, Henry Kissinger suggests that American soldiers encourage border hopping; and when the Germans move to stop it a firefight will break out, causing a reason for war.

Six CIA agents are sent to Eastern Hispaniola and begin to set up Human smuggling rings to get across the border. One of them purposely tips off a German officer and when he comes to investigate a conflict erupts. All six CIA agents are killed; and their identification tags are used against the Americans diplomatically. America calls the move a destruction of personal freedoms for the Natives in the German colonies. Six days later war is declared.

All over the world planes scramble and tanks are deployed; All in the name of Freedom.

_50133517_ark_royal_harrier.jpg

A Harrier jet about to scramble off the coast of Hispaniola onboard the USS George Washington

Did the revolutionairs create democratic nations or dictatorships? And what ideaology were they?

Of course Im posting! I want to see the end!!!!!

OK I'm back!
Liked the last post, how things grew from a Chinese's wacky theory to World War and the fact that almost every previously-known-as-platinean didn't like their name. Could you clarify who's fighting on each side?

Like I said more shall be clarified in the next post. Just hang tight people the action is gonna start soon.