• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jDpDWD9.png

Gamoran

Adjective

Relating to or characteristic of the Hegemony of Akk or its citizens.

Noun

A native or citizen of the Hegemony of Akk.

Humanoids resembling orcs from Confederation fiction, native to the planet of Akkanar.

Hegemony of Akk. A Star Empire situated on the other side of the galactic core based on the planet of Akkanar. Akkanar is a Tomb-World, the result of a planet-wide conflict between the Gamorans several centuries ago. Despite facing total annihilation, the Gamoran people managed to survive, rebuilding their civilization from the ashes of the old world.

Gamorans are a race of very strong humanoids that resemble orcs/orks from Confederation fiction. Similarly, they possess dark green, blueish and sometimes dark red skin depending on the planet they hail from. Gamorans native to the planet of Akkanar have a dark green skin and protruding fangs, as well as sharp bones sticking out from the top of their skulls.

Adult Gamorans have been seen to reach 8ft(243cm) tall and weigh 706lbs(320kg). Extremely large and strong, the Gamorans are quite literally, walking hunks of muscle, and are some of the most sought out mercenaries within the Milky Way, being employed by several nations as shock troops.

Their native empire is led by an Emperor, chosen by the people of Akkanar through a trial of combat. As such, the Hegemony of Akk is seldom stable, with many strong warriors challenging the Emperor to fights to the death for his position. However, given the speed with which the Gamorans reproduce, manpower and strong warriors never seem to be an issue.

Sounds like a governmental recipe for eventual disaster.

Sounds like a governmental recipe for eventual disaster.

Yep, they're not exactly the greatest lot.

The boarding party must have the worst job in the galaxy.

No! That's probably the people working in the Confederation Gas Extraction Wells! Or the people clearing up after a Gamoran party...

KAbO95Q.png

Vissari

Adjective

Relating to or characteristic of the Unified Vissari Systems or its citizens.

Noun

A native or citizen of the Unified Vissari Systems.

Carnivorous avians native to the cold planets of Viss.

Unified Vissari Systems. An Aristocratic Republic that begun with on the planet of Viss three centuries ago. Before achieving spaceflight capabilities, the Vissari civilization was democratically unified. Their government is led by a democratically elected President, typically a member of one of the 48 noble houses of Viss.

Vissari are typically very religious, with the majority of them being adherents of the ‘Frozen Winds’, a pantheon dedicated to worshipping the elements of nature. In addition to their zealotry, the Vissari militaristic in nature, having a history of warfare and kings and queens not too dissimilar to that of the Confederation. Finally, the Vissari are very much libertarian, which may seem to be in contrast to the reality of the noble houses of Viss. In spite of this, the Vissari believe that the 48 noble houses are tied to a higher purpose, and are thus tolerated, and in some circles, even worshipped.

An adult Vissari stands somewhere close to 7ft (213cm). As a result of the unhospitable climate of their planet, the Vissari have evolved to have very thick feathers over an insulating layer of fluff. As such, their flying organs have not developed, and thus they cannot attain flight. Furthermore, as a result of the planet’s climate, short days and long, dark seasons, they have evolved to have only one large eye, situated slightly higher than their very sharp beak.

Vissari are -REDACTED- gifted and have been shown to be able to -REDACTED-, contrary to the laws of physics. They believe that this is a gift from the ‘Frozen Winds’ to aid them in their democratic crusades against their less democratic, heathen neighbors. Vissari Praetorians have been seen to employ -REDACTED- attacks as part of their shock tactics.

* Some elements have been classified by the Confederation Domestic Intelligence Department.

Hmmm, redacted. Are we talking psionics, I wonder?

“I wish to congratulate you on a job well done Admiral Aderawa. It seems we were right to task the Lancer fleet with regaining control of our besieged territories.”

“I thank you for your kind words, Grand-Admiral.”

I found myself in the meeting room once again. After our resounding victory against the Corsair Fleet and the return of the Assault Squad, Admiral Aderawa had ordered the rest of the Lancer Fleet to commence search operations on the wreckages and, if possible, take prisoners or any valuable intelligence. He assigned me to manage and oversee the intelligence our soldiers obtained and ensure that the report would be ready by the time we had to meet with the Grand-Admiral.

“I understood that you have succeeded in capturing a number of prisoners, most of which were Vissari or Gamoran. Although if I recall correctly, you’ve also captured a number of humans.”

He rested his head in his palm and crossed his legs.

Admiral Aderawa nodded, motioning to Webster by wafting his hand.

Webster tapped the screen of his datapad a few times, causing several files to appear on the right side of the projection.

“What you are seeing here are the criminal records of our prisoners.” Webster began. “As you can see, they’re career criminals. Our Gamorans here are wanted in over half the galaxy for piracy, murder, assault, and many other charges. Akkanar might be especially interested in exchanging them.”

“Mhm. I will consult our Diplomatic Corps and see how it’s best we proceed.”
Newman nodded before swiping their files off the projection. “And what about our compatriots?”

“For the most part, they seem to be members of the Marauder Gang that used to plague the Sirius System. I believe that you must be more familiar with them, Grand-Admiral.”

“Ho ho. I haven’t heard that name since I was a mere ship captain in the Minotaur Fleet. You’ve caught quite the pirate veterans, haven’t you boys? This certainly brings me back.”
Newman rubbed his temple with his right hand. “Even so, hearing about former Marauders within the Freehold is something new. I will notify the D.I.D.”

‘I’m pretty sure the D.I.D already knew.’
I thought to myself. Hell, I’d be willing to bet on it too. From what I’ve seen thus far, the D.I.D seemed to have a good grasp on what’s going on, but for one reason or another chose not to tell us.

I looked down at my datapad and tapped the screen a few times. It should be my turn to report any second now. Tightening my grip on the device, I look up to see Admiral Aderawa nod in my direction, and Grand-Admiral Newman turn his gaze towards me.

“I see new faces in your team, Admiral Aderawa.” Newman lifted his head from its support and lowered his shoulders. As he interlocked his hands, he shuffled in his seat, his interest seemingly piqued by my appearance. “Do say, I don’t recall you ever taking an Officer. It was always you and Webster.”

Admiral Aderawa chuckled under his breath before shrugging his shoulders.

“Well, I thought it would be a nice change of scenery.”

“No...”
Newman shook his head as a small grin formed on his face. “That wouldn’t be like you. I trust this must be one of the Diamonds of the Rarillac Academy, Officer Lyonel Stanfield. I heard about you.”

I formed a courteous smile as I cringed internally. I don’t know why Rear-Admiral Okina came up with this moniker, but I don’t like it one bit.

“Thank you for your praise, Grand Admiral.”

For whatever that reason may be.

“If I may, we have managed to gather some intelligence from the Corsair wreckages. I’ll have it up on the screen in a second.”

I tapped the screen of my datapad one final time before the documents appeared on the projection. Wafting my hand, I enlarged one of them.

“Based on what we’ve gathered from the wreckages, the fleet we have just engaged was part of the Corsair vanguard that attacked the colonies in this cluster. We’ve managed to decode a series of communication logs between them and an unknown party.”

Newman nodded quietly and I started the recording.

With Newman’s window being minimized, a low-quality recording took up most of the projection. Looking at it, it seemed that the pirates had little care for storing and documenting the communication between their vessels.

On the left side, an old human man with a white beard and a robotic leg. It would seem that he was the Captain of the vessel, although we could not retrieve his body. With the hole in their hull, it wouldn’t be impossible for his body to have drifted into space. His appearance was largely uninteresting. What was instead interesting was the appearance of a massive Gamoran on their communications screen.

Its skin color was a dark shade of gray, which was pretty rare. According to our department of xenobiology, this color was the result of a mutation, although the exact cause was unknown. What is known however is that this specific subset of Gamorans possess far greater strength, agility and intelligence than the rest of their species.

Unfortunately, in spite of this difference in ability, they are shunned and persecuted on Gamoran planets for being ‘freaks of nature’. Quite amusing to hear that coming from a species like the Gamorans.

“Our attacks are progressing well. We’ve taken control of the majority of the cluster and are now headed to Alinaendlor.”

It was a rough recording, but we could understand most of what the human said. It’d seem that this was one of the fleets that were rebuked by Alinaendlor initially. At least now our suspicions are confirmed.

He continued while resting his hands onto his belt.

“Roarke has been torched and the surviving colonists have been loaded on our transports for the Fat Whale.”

After this ‘report’, the man bowed his head to the Gamoran projected on the screen. His bow was followed by a brief silence, broken by a growl let out by the Gamoran. As the Gamoran slowly opened its mouth, revealing its razor sharp fangs, the recording became distorted, and we could no longer understand what was going on.

“Stanfield, can our systems unscramble the rest of the recording?”

Aderawa inquired promptly. Unfortuantely, I had to shake my head.

“No, I’ve already tried. It’s corrupted.”

I sighed, minimized the file and looked at Grand-Admiral Newman on the screen.

“So they’ve taken the colonists to the Fat Whale after torching the planets... I can understand them capturing our colonists to sell them into slavery, that’s very like what we know of them, but I cannot understand torching our planets.”

Newman closed his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows as he pondered the events.

“I can’t wrap my brain around this. And that Gamoran. A ‘graausan ni’ at that. It’s troubling, to say the least.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, slightly puzzled. I must admit, gamuran wasn’t exactly my strong suit. Well, nor were many of the other languages we studied at the academy, but that is why I’ve been training for command, not translation.

Webster tilted his head to the side, before grabbing my attention.

“A ‘graausan ni’ means ‘a grey one’, Officer Stanfield. It’s more of a colloquial term, so that’s why you’ve probably never heard of it.”

Webster forced a cold smile, and I nodded. He knew.

“Well, nonetheless.” Grand-Admiral Newman intervened, slapping his palms together. “I want you to continue pushing into Corsair territory and neutralize any enemy fleets, at your discretion. If you obtain any more intelligence, let me know.”

I tightened my stance and saluted Grand-Admiral Newman in unison with Commodore Webster. Admiral Aderawa on the other hand seemed to not be done with the conversation.

“What are we to do with our prisoners?”

“Hmm. You won’t be able to send back any prisoners as you move forward into their territory, will you?”
Newman scratched the back of his head. “How many prisoners can you carry?”

“One, two hundred might be fine. Any more than that however will be too many.”

“Mhm.”
Newman shrugged his shoulders slightly, looking at us coldly. “According to Confederation law, piracy is punished with a life sentence on a penal colony. However, as we both know, they’ve leveled Confederation settlements.”

‘Death.
’ Given the fact they were already destined for a life sentence on one of the Confederation’s penal colonies, if you are to factor in the damage they’ve inflicted on Confederation territories and properties, they were as good as dead the moment they were shipped into Confederation territory.

What Grand-Admiral Newman is essentially telling the Admiral is that he’s free to space anyone in excess of our prisoner capacity.

“With all due respect...”

My eyes shot up and in the direction of Commodore Webster.

“As Officers within the Navy, we are not judges. We don’t have the right to carry out the sentencing of those people, irrespective of the situation. We cannot comply to such an order and we request that the Confederation sends prisoner transports through the path we create.”

“Is that so? Hmm.”
Grand-Admiral Newman arched an eyebrow, staring ahead at the Commodore with his eyes half-closed. Admiral Aderawa remained silent, shooting a glance in the direction of his Commodore. “It would seem that you’re as tenacious as ever, Commodore.”

Admiral Aderawa laughed, supporting the Grand-Admiral’s statement and his good friend, Commodore Webster.

“He is quite the formidable man. I’m glad to have him by my side... now, and in the future.”

I tugged onto my collar slightly. It felt like there’s a bit of tension in the room as Admiral Aderawa and Grand-Admiral Newman locked gazed, both of them smiling silently at each other. Eventually, Grand-Admiral Newman broke the silence.

“Very well. You’ll have your transports. I trust you’ll liaise them and handle any prisoners accordingly then. I will want further updates as things progress. Grand-Admiral Newman out.”

Transmission terminated. I sigh a breath of relief, but it wouldn’t look like it’s over yet.

“That was pretty ballsy Webster. I’m glad to see you reminding me of that attitude of yours. You got me out of a pretty tough spot there.”

Aderawa sighed, placing his palm over his face.

“It’s the duty of the adjutant to assist his senior officer.” Webster replied bluntly. “Although, if you want to show me your appreciation, you could ask the quartermaster to give me a nice bottle of Vorossi wine.”

Webster grinned and Aderawa chuckled under his breath. I forced a smile, hoping that they would finally allow me some rest.

--------

Archangel’s Medical Bay,

Six hours after the boarding party’s return

I was drifting in and out of consciousness. I remember being aboard the Corsair Command Vessel, clearing rooms as part of the Charlie Team vanguard. It was my first real combat mission outside of training.

I was following behind Tennou, one of the boys that graduated from Knoxville with me a few months back. We had just passed the quarters and entered into the long hallway that led towards the Command Deck.

I feel cold and my head hurts.

I tried to move my arm but I simply could not muster the strength. I can feel my pulse elevating as I struggle to look around frantically. Everything is still so hazy, but I can make out that there are several medical beds around me, and Doctor Nishijima, the Chief Medical Officer on the Archangel.

I guess we’ve made it out of that vessel alive, but I cannot remember anything. I see that there’s an oxygen mask over my face and they have me attached to the IV line.

Across the room, Doctor Nishijima notices I’m awake and calls out to me.

Does she call out to me? I can see her lips move, but I cannot hear anything. What’s going on? Why can’t I hear anything? I can read her lips. ‘Private Davis’, ‘Private Davis’ she keeps calling out.

I try to move my arms again, but they won’t move. Have they tied me to the bed? I continue struggling to move as the Doctor rushes to my side, her lips moving rapidly. Red lights begin to flicker, and several other assistants run into the room to help Doctor Nishijima restrain me.

I’m slowly running out of breath. The more I struggle, the more tired I feel. I’m losing my consciousness again...

--------

“Can you present your report, Captain Rutt?”

It was the Archangel’s meeting room. Inside, there were only I, Commodore Webster and Captain Rutt, the leader of the Archangel’s Assault Squad. Only a few hours prior, the man and his team successfully boarded a Gamoran Igzuz class Cruiser and blew it up from the inside, saving us much time and resources in the engagement with the Corsair fleet.

However, while this is a success, our Infantry component has lost fifteen out of the one hundred fifty soldiers we had at our disposal, with another eight being incapacitated to varying degrees. Frankly, it wasn’t that much of a loss statistically... but this wasn’t a statistics issue.

Rutt looked at me. As always, the man maintained a cheeky grin, but his eyes betrayed that confident display of his. I’ve known him for several years now, and I know that he’s not the same as he’s been before. Knowing you’re one of the few veterans of your squad can take its toll on anyone, no matter their experience. Seeing comrades die one after another... there is not much solace a career can find, knowing that with every mission, one of his friends will probably die.

And death was a guarantee in a Confederation Assault Squad.

“After my team located located the entrance to the command deck, a fierce Corsair resistance engaged us in the corridor leading to it. Unfortunately, a hallway isn’t exactly the prettiest place to be engaged by the enemy.” Rutt sighed. “We reacted quickly, but we still took a few losses. Frankly, we... I, didn’t expect them to be as armed as they were.”

“Captain Rutt... Your team went in blind. I don’t believe it’s fair for you to blame yourself for this. Given what we’ve seen lately from the Corsairs, nothing we really knew about them seems to fit anymore.”

I should know better that this sort of consolation wouldn’t work on him, but I hate to see him blame himself at the end of every Assault.

“No. If I had prepared them better, then we most likely would’ve had less casualties. I apologize for my inadequacies.”

“Captain Rutt... This is not a disciplinary hearing or anything of the sort. Please raise your head. I’m only interested in how the Corsairs were organized.”

I sighed, picking up a pen and a notebook from the table and started scribbling down.

“Eh...” Rutt rubbed the back of his head as he tried to remember the situation. “It was clear they had military training. Some of them are deserters, or soldiers that got court martialed, so they probably had the whole lot trained.”

Okay... Carry on.”

“It looked like a bit of an ambush. That corridor is the longest corridor on the ship, the one tying the Cruiser’s elevator systems to the Command deck. Frankly, if I were to ambush someone, I would’ve done it there too.”

“And leave the core of the ship exposed?”
I arched an eyebrow, looking at him.

“I said that they had military training, not that they were smart, sir. Frankly, they were all idiots prepared to die.” Rutt scoffed. “I guess they wanted to go out fighting and forgot about their core. I don’t know, I’m Assault Squad, not Tactics.”

“Mhm... That you are.”
I muttered under my breath.

“What?”

“Nothing. Is there anything else of note, Captain Rutt?”
I asked as I closed my notebook and placed it down on the table, with the pen on top of it.

“Hmm... There was something weird going on in the engineering department. I don’t really know how to explain it...”

Rutt closed his eyes and crossed his arms. He groaned, looking down towards the ground as if he was racking his brains.

“When we swept through the room, it was empty. But I constantly felt as if there was someone nearby watching me. I can’t explain it, but my body was tense, it could feel something I could not see.”

“Cameras?”

“No, not damn cameras. It was as if... Ugh. I just can’t explain it. It felt weird. It felt as if my every move was being watched, and if I made the wrong move, I’d have gotten killed. It was that sort of feeling.”

“Curious.”
I replied. “Was there anything else?”

“When we entered the engineering-room we expected to find schematics, perhaps some sort of devices... Only thing of note I remember was a depleted battery in the middle of the station. It had a weird shape. I tried to scan it, but I didn’t get a conclusive result. It had materials that weren’t registered by the Confederation. I had never seen or heard of pirates having exotic technology like that. “

“Attacks on our colonies... Massive abductions and now exotic technology. It just get worse and worse, huh.”

Mirati

Adjective

Relating to or characteristic of the Divine Mirati Imperium or its citizens

Noun

A native or citizen of the Divine Mirati Imperium.

Humanoids resembling elves in Confederation fiction, native to the planet of Miresh Maar.

‘Space elves’.

Divine Mirati Imperium. A Star Empire ruled by the High Queen Kriszorwyn Larian, daughter of the former High King Vaklan Larian, located east of the Unified Vissari Systems. We believe that the Mirati Imperium has existed for several millennia in various shapes and forms. Mirati folklore seems to indicate the existence of a precursor Mirati civilization that stood as the strongest power in the galaxy under the guidance of an entity only known as the ‘Immortal Emperor’.

According to Mirati folklore, the ‘Ancient Imperium’ was based on the planet of Mirati, now lost to time. The story passed down through generations is that the Ancient Imperium took part in a war that engulfed the entirety of the galaxy... and won. However, due to reasons unknown, the Ancient Imperium withered away quickly, and the descendants of this old empire are now the Mirati that we know today.

Mirati have a lifespan similar to that of Humans, although some documents indicate that certain members of the Mirati race had been able to live well past 150 years. In addition, Mirati folklore states that the Ancient Mirati were a long-lived race capable of reaching the age of 300. It is however unknown how much truth there is to the Mirati folklore, so those numbers are disputed by Human historians and the Domestic Intelligence Department.

Miresh Maar appears to be a relic world, which lends some credibility to the theory that the Mirati are the remnants of an ancient civilization. Some Human scholars believe however that the Mirati could simply be an uplifted species that received a gift from their benefactors. Both theories are plausible.

Terran Year 2408, a few weeks before Lancer Fleet’s arrival in Alinaendlor

Mars had been the Capital of the Confederation since the colonization of the systems surrounding Sol. Four centuries ago, when the first colonization of Mars began, Terrans believed that one day, they would be able to return to Earth. Unfortunately, it became increasingly evident as populations were relocated from Earth and onto Mars, that the planet is less and less habitable.

Mars itself was not much better. After decades of rudimentary terraforming, conditions improved. Dust storms became a rarer occurrence, temperature stabilized and water became much more accessible, was a long, dangerous slog, and at the cost of millions of life, the majority of the humans found on Earth managed to call Mars their new home.

Even now, Mars is far from an adequate replacement of Earth. Only thing making life bearable on it is the artificial systems found within the large sprawling cities that cover the surface. And the most important of them all, Nova City, seat of the Confederation’s government, and a literal political battleground.

“Secretary-General, what can you tell us about the increasing tensions between the Confederation and the Mirati Imperium on our eastern borders?”

“Secretary-General, can you comment on the development with the Freehold Corsairs?”

“Secretary-General!”

Their questions flew out in rapid succession like a storm of bullets. Alphonse navigated through the swarm of journalists, as his security detachment paved the way for him. It’s been a rough few months, but he had never seen the media out of control like this. Every single one of them, behaving like rabid dogs, pushing and crashing into each other to get even a single scrap out of the Secretary-General’s mouth.

But the Secretary-General would refuse to answer every single time. Slowly but surely, the situation had gotten out of control. Macedo’s policy of appeasement and fragile peace are slowly being carved apart, and the inability of the Confederation government to assert its influence over the outer colonies was becoming evident to everyone.

Timing could not be any worse. High Queen Kriszorwyn had renewed hostilities with the Unified Vissari Systems, and a new war was brewing on the horizon. The Confederation mediated the peace for the last decade, but now it was no longer capable of dealing with its own internal issues. Those so called “Freehold Corsairs” have been rampaging through their territories for over eight years, largely ignored because the Solidarity Council deemed them to be an insignificant threat.

After wading his way through the journalists, Secretary-General Macedo successfully entered the Parliament. His footsteps echoed through the tall, empty halls, as he made his way to his quarters on the top floor.

“Secretary-General!” a raspy voice called out to him. He knew this voice, he thought to himself as he heaved an exhausted sigh.

“Representative Suharto... How are you?” he called back to him, seemingly forcing himself to smile.

Sonny Suharto dipped his head lightly in a greeting, as the corners of his mouth curled up slightly.

“No need to be on guard, Secretary-General, no need!” Sonny flashed a crooked smile before carrying on. “I’m here as a friend.”

“Friend?”
Macedo scoffed. “You haven’t been a friend since we’ve both went into politics a few decades ago. What changed your mind?”

“Don’t be like that, old friend. You know I care about you.”
He cackled lightly before raising and showing him his open palms. “I heard you’re in trouble.”

“Trouble? What trouble are you talking about Sonny...?”

Alphonse sighed deeply as he met Sonny’s gaze. A cold shiver ran down his spine as he realized Sonny was beaming, smiling ear to ear.

“I’m talking about the breach in your office, of course!” Sonny placed his hand on Alphonse’s shoulder, gripping it tightly. “I am really glad you are safe, Secretary-General. Really.”

“How do--"

“My, look at the time. I must be late for the Committee session. I am really glad we’ve caught up, old friend.”

Patting him on the shoulder, Sonny departed quickly, leaving Alphonse staring behind him in sheer disbelief.

“Bastard. How the hell did he find out?”

“Well. If I were to wager, Secretary-General, it’s that he probably has elements of the Security Office inside his pocket.”

It was a tall, dark skinned man wearing the military uniform of the Confederation. His shoulders were adorned with red epaulettes, topped off with several golden stars along the length of the shoulder.

Alphonse shot a glance in the direction of the voice, nodding firmly at the realization of the man’s identity.

Fleet Admiral Fulton. I did not know the Fleet Admirals have business on Nova today.” Alphonse smiled cordially. “I hope that you are in good health.”

Fulton returned the smile before saluting his Secretary-General.

I thank you for your concern, Secretary-General, though my health has certainly seen better days. I am to testify before the committee in regard to the recent tensions along the Mirati and Vissari borders.”

“I thought that the Landsknecth Fleet under Admiral Oldham is managing the issue. Am I misinformed by any chance?”
Alphonse furrowed his eyebrows.

“Yes and no. Admiral Oldham has indeed been deployed to manage the most recent border activities and to respond if necessary... but the defense committee is not entirely convinced military response is appropriate in this situation.”

“...And so, Grand Admiral Newman has sent you to appease the committee?”

Ranier shrugged his shoulders slightly and smiled.

“It would seem so, Secretary-General.”

“I will be honest, Admiral. I am not entirely convinced that this is the appropriate response either. A war with either the Imperium or the Vissari is not something our people need right now.”

Admiral Ranier Fulton smiled, remaining silent at the Secretary-General’s response. After an awkward pause, the Admiral raised his hand, motioning towards the corridor. As the duo began walking down the hall, Secretary-General Macedo continued.

“I am still convinced that we can continue dialog with the Imperium. Though I’ve never personally met with High Queen Kriszorwyn, I’ve heard that she is probably the wisest ruler the Mirati people have had in generations.”

“That may be so, Secretary-General, but she is a staunch militarist, and her claims over our, and the Vissari’s systems have been made very clear. While your predecessor may have brokered a peace with the Queen, it is evident that it has not been a very long one.”

Another awkward pause ensued, as the pairs opinions conflicted. Locking eyes for a brief moment, it was clear to both parties that neither is willing to budge. After what may have seemed an eternity, Fleet Admiral Fulton arrived at his destination.

“I believe this is where we must split ways, Secretary-General. I am awaited inside.” Ranier beamed a cordial smile, saluting him once more.

Terran Year 2408, a few days before Lancer Fleet’s arrival in Alinaendlor

“Secretary-General! Secretary-General!”

A young voice cried out, crashing into the furniture as it made its entrance into the office room.

“Secretary-General!”

“What?! What is it Mikel?! What the hell happened?!”
Secretary-General Macedo shouted in frustration. “What do you want?!”

“You must turn on the news, right now! It is Admiral Fulton! He’s been attacked during his speech in the Parliament! You need to turn on the news right now!”

Mikel eventually made his way to the holographic display terminal, turning it on.

A wide frame recorded from one of the taller rooms within the Parliament appeared before the two. Swathes of people were being evacuated from the room as the Security Group and the paramedics made their way inside. On the stage, Admiral Fulton was sprawled on the ground, his body blurred by the reporting channel. Next to him, representative Sonny Suharto and several other men appeared to be trying to administer first aid.

“Heavens...” Alphonse gasped, slowly rising from his seat. “I can’t believe this. In the heart of the Confederation itself...”

As the paramedics and security reached the stage, the frame changed to the reporters inside the studio. All of them crestfallen, a dreary silence covered the room for several moments.

“It is a terrifying day for the Confederation. Today, Fleet Admiral Fulton, a servant of the Confederation with over thirty years of experience, has been attacked while delivering his testimony to the Parliament regarding the recent events surrounding the border conflict with the Mirati Imperium and the Unified Vissari Systems. During his testimony, an unknown assailant approached the stage, unholstering what seemed to be an energy pistol, firing at the Fleet Admiral from close range.” A momentary pause as the frame moved closer to the reporter’s face. “After the hit, the Fleet Admiral collapsed immediately and security officers tried to intervene, though to no avail. The assailant disappeared, vanishing in thin air. It is yet unclear how this has happened."

A few more moments pass, and the frame returns to the on-going scene.

Time slowly passes, as the pandemonium dies down. Fleet Admiral Fulton is eventually extracted from the room.

A few hours later, the final report comes in.

Fleet Admiral Fulton is pronounced dead from his wounds.

Someone is, indeed. And I have to ask, what does Suharto know about it? Is he somehow involved?

Great to see this still alive as well.

Mirati
However, due to reasons unknown, the Ancient Imperium withered away quickly, and the descendants of this old empire are now the Mirati that we know today.

Immediate hypothesis: They did it to themselves.

It never stops Space Elves from feeling like superior swag lords. Instead of building something knew, they cling to the past like race of hateful middle age losers.

First an intruder in the Secretary-General's office, and now an assassin takes down a high-ranking military official. Someone is trying to send a message here.
One of the worst kinds.
Someone is, indeed. And I have to ask, what does Suharto know about it? Is he somehow involved?
Who knows? But he wouldn't be the only one to stand to gain. Nearby powers are readying for war. Soon enough, whatever semblence of peace there was before might just go out the window.
Great to see this still alive as well.

Immediate hypothesis: They did it to themselves.

It never stops Space Elves from feeling like superior swag lords. Instead of building something knew, they cling to the past like race of hateful middle age losers.
Our galaxy is dark and full of terrors.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello,

I won't be continuing this iteration of the story. I've gone through too many breaks, and have realized that I've simply set myself up to something too tall an order.

I'll return soon with another AAR, that I aim to combine some of the concepts from what I planned in this AAR and the previous AAR, though it will be its own thing.

Hope to see you guys soon.

I won't be continuing this iteration of the story. I've gone through too many breaks, and have realized that I've simply set myself up to something too tall an order.

I'll return soon with another AAR, that I aim to combine some of the concepts from what I planned in this AAR and the previous AAR, though it will be its own thing.

Hope to see you guys soon.
No worries, that's completely understandable. We are eagerly waiting to see what you come up with next.