• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(205148)

Major
5 Badges
Apr 28, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
A simple modification. French second level sprite being so Spanish-looking slightly buggered me, so I placed a plumaged hat on French musket model. The zip file with the bmp's and the example are in the attachments. See also post #4 for a fix of standing animation.

Attachments

• FrenchHat.rar
    92,6 KB · Views: 83
  • 2T-ARMY C-FRA A-FIRE D-SW L-2.JPG
    2T-ARMY C-FRA A-FIRE D-SW L-2.JPG
    12,9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
nice one actually, will make it into my game :)

Yep. This one retains a certain "classic level and EU2 feel" while transforming at the same time the sprite into something nice to see.

The musketman with a hat is much better than the one with an iron helmet because the ones that usually used an iron helmet were the spanish conquistadors.

Quite an awesome work, LoneWolf.

Hmm, I found out that the stand animation has a slightly glitching head. I need to fix it now...

EDIT: Head twitching fixed, fix attached to that post.

Attachments

• T-ARMY C-FRA A-STAND L-2.bmp
    T-ARMY C-FRA A-STAND L-2.bmp
    20,2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Nice work, I'll definitely use this. :)

Some of the animations still have their hat shaking a bit too much.

Also, when the sprite got their back turned to us (when they are walking north for example), the hat is just too big, and it doesnt really look like the hat when the sprite is standing. It looks like one of those big mexican hats instead. :p

I like the standing sprite and the south-west attacking/moving sprite, but the other hats... are a big diferent.