• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GeneralPeachfuzz

Recruit
9 Badges
Sep 14, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
Greetings all!
I've been trying for the last week to try to learn how to mod myself to make my dream mod, but I just can't figure it out. This thread will lay out my ideas and hopefully give inspiration to someone. I might even be willing to pay for this. The mod idea is an alternative history set in 1936 where these major events took place: The South won the American Civil War, The South gained Mexican and Caribbean territory after the Spanish "Confederate" War. WW1 ended in more of stalemate than it did in the first place, with countries winning in some areas of the world and losing in others.
This will try to explain the idea as best I can, if anyone wants to do this I would be more than happy to make a word document with every single change implemented, all it needing to be done is turned into a mod (I'll do anything you ask like finding state ID numbers for exact borders, historical generals, leaders, etc.)

The backstory to this history begins with the American Civil War. At its conclusion The South controls these states: Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma (now called "The Five Tribes"), Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and southern California. The Spanish "Confederate" War still happens but is longer due to the CSA having just fought a war. The CSA gains Baja California as well as parts of Northern Mexico, all of Cuba, Puerto Rico, and other Caribbean holdings. When WW1 breaks out The CSA is now among the world's largest industries due to the constant threat of war looming throughout its short existence, as a result of its free market policies trading arms and goods to the Germans. Eventually CSA ships begin to be sunk by the British. The CSA retaliates allowing the British Empire to justify war hoping to extend its reach. The USA, seeing its opportunity invades the South. WW1 is essentially even a bigger stalemate. The now large Confederate Navy now allows Germany breathing room. As a result almost every power loses and gains territory. The USA loses the disputed West Virginia, and Kentucky, but gains back Southern California. The CSA gains Jamaica and the Bahamas while lost Haiti and the Dominican Republic from France. Germany still loses its African and Asian colonies but gains its territorial gains from Russia and is not at all crippled by the treaty. They annex land near Prussia, have a puppet in Poland, and Ukraine and Belarus exist. The Austro-Hungarian Empire exists, but the Ottoman Empire collapsed, resulting in a larger Greece, and Anglo-French gains. Rather than the Nazi's being the radical ideology to ignite the tensions the redrawing of borders has created, it is now communism. When world tension boils over and drags everyone to war this is the scenario: Stalin invades Ukraine/Belarus which is guaranteed by Germany. If someone takes up the mod I'll explain the causes of different powers entering due to focuses and events but in short these are the sides of the majors (not saying every country's idealogy). Commune of Nations: Russia, France, England, USA, Italy. Anti-Bolshevists: CSA, German Empire, Austria Hungary, Spain, Japan

If someone likes this idea and has talent, like I said, I will offer the full extent of my help and effort.

Greetings all!
I've been trying for the last week to try to learn how to mod myself to make my dream mod, but I just can't figure it out. This thread will lay out my ideas and hopefully give inspiration to someone. I might even be willing to pay for this. The mod idea is an alternative history set in 1936 where these major events took place: The South won the American Civil War, The South gained Mexican and Caribbean territory after the Spanish "Confederate" War. WW1 ended in more of stalemate than it did in the first place, with countries winning in some areas of the world and losing in others.
This will try to explain the idea as best I can, if anyone wants to do this I would be more than happy to make a word document with every single change implemented, all it needing to be done is turned into a mod (I'll do anything you ask like finding state ID numbers for exact borders, historical generals, leaders, etc.)

The backstory to this history begins with the American Civil War. At its conclusion The South controls these states: Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma (now called "The Five Tribes"), Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and southern California. The Spanish "Confederate" War still happens but is longer due to the CSA having just fought a war. The CSA gains Baja California as well as parts of Northern Mexico, all of Cuba, Puerto Rico, and other Caribbean holdings. When WW1 breaks out The CSA is now among the world's largest industries due to the constant threat of war looming throughout its short existence, as a result of its free market policies trading arms and goods to the Germans. Eventually CSA ships begin to be sunk by the British. The CSA retaliates allowing the British Empire to justify war hoping to extend its reach. The USA, seeing its opportunity invades the South. WW1 is essentially even a bigger stalemate. The now large Confederate Navy now allows Germany breathing room. As a result almost every power loses and gains territory. The USA loses the disputed West Virginia, and Kentucky, but gains back Southern California. The CSA gains Jamaica and the Bahamas while lost Haiti and the Dominican Republic from France. Germany still loses its African and Asian colonies but gains its territorial gains from Russia and is not at all crippled by the treaty. They annex land near Prussia, have a puppet in Poland, and Ukraine and Belarus exist. The Austro-Hungarian Empire exists, but the Ottoman Empire collapsed, resulting in a larger Greece, and Anglo-French gains. Rather than the Nazi's being the radical ideology to ignite the tensions the redrawing of borders has created, it is now communism. When world tension boils over and drags everyone to war this is the scenario: Stalin invades Ukraine/Belarus which is guaranteed by Germany. If someone takes up the mod I'll explain the causes of different powers entering due to focuses and events but in short these are the sides of the majors (not saying every country's idealogy). Commune of Nations: Russia, France, England, USA, Italy. Anti-Bolshevists: CSA, German Empire, Austria Hungary, Spain, Japan

If someone likes this idea and has talent, like I said, I will offer the full extent of my help and effort.
So Deo Vindice?

• 1Love
Reactions: