• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SimNationJan

Second Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
68 Badges
Dec 15, 2020
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
twitter-1200x675-EN-cropped.png

As Cities: Skylines approaches #PDXCON Remixed, we see your messages and inquiries about future plans for the game and know that so many of you are excited about what’s to come. So are we!

We can confirm that we are currently working on a project with Colossal Order, but it is still too early in development to share more information at this time.

Do tune-in during the event though, as we still have a surprise or two in store for the Cities: Skylines community... So keep sharing your stellar city builds, awesome assets, and amazing mods!

-- The Cities: Skylines team

• 35Like
  • 17Love
Reactions:
I hope they make a sequel to CS with much more simulation and some of the gameplay features of games like Simcity 2013. I don't like how abstracted, rigid, and cosmetic much of skylines is. The industries expansion was the best one by far but most of it seems to be about painting a city rather than building one.

I'd love a Tropico style game set in like 19th century german city states with city simulation and politics/industry/etc.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Cities Skylines 2: The Victorian Age, Duh!
Can't wait to play "Napoleon III and the demolition of medieval Paris" scenario.

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I really hope its the sequel, though I think the announcement might not be in PDXCON as from their post, it looks like there is still time for the announcement. Though it is great to finally hear from them and to know they are working on something new & exciting.

Reactions:
I'm very sure they are not making skylines 2, i think it will be a city building like game but with a different premise.
Remember they did a poll asking if people would be interested in sci-fi/ roman etc. city builders games

Reactions:
I would love to see a new take on the classic City Builder formula.

Imagine Cities Skylines with the following tweak: When you want to build something, you go into planning mode (think like in games like Dwarf Fortress), and you layout the new development. You have to make sure that your new expansion will be approved by the city government or neighbors, incorporate various feedback from them, and then watch it get gradually built. Cities would grow much more organically in this way.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am not 100% sure if Colossal Order is qualified to work on and develop Victoria 3 but listen, at this point, I'll take anything.

• 10Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm very sure they are not making skylines 2, i think it will be a city building like game but with a different premise.
Remember they did a poll asking if people would be interested in sci-fi/ roman etc. city builders games
Please god don't be either of those. We have those, so many. They should make something with a pop system set between 1800 and 1970, or a more out there theme that hasn't been done to death.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What I would love to see in the next version of Cities Skylines is for them to take into the VR space. Has anyone of you ever played an app called Google earth? Now imagine if we could build a city inside VR and have it look even better then what Google earth looks like. Now imagine all the great assets and tools that we use on Steam workshop and all the abilities that gives us to create the city's of our dream's and all of these wonderful tool and assists could be used in both a flat screen and VR, Now that's something completely unique and special in my humble opinion and I believe it would be a awesome sequel to Cities Skylines.

Reactions:
funnyly i was watching some videos, i felt that the game was lacking something...
medium-sized buildings. they are very dense , but the skyscrapers are quite rare here in Europe.
having curved roads and such is great, but i don't know how to solve this , the inside will only accomodate smaller buildings than the outside ou the curve
but the game isn't realistic either , you'd never have a metro in a only 30k pop city irl

• 1Like
Reactions:
What I would love to see in the next version of Cities Skylines is for them to take into the VR space. Has anyone of you ever played an app called Google earth? Now imagine if we could build a city inside VR and have it look even better then what Google earth looks like. Now imagine all the great assets and tools that we use on Steam workshop and all the abilities that gives us to create the city's of our dream's and all of these wonderful tool and assists could be used in both a flat screen and VR, Now that's something completely unique and special in my humble opinion and I believe it would be a awesome sequel to Cities Skylines.

No thanks and thats not going to happen for 1000 obvious reasons

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 717387

As Cities: Skylines approaches #PDXCON Remixed, we see your messages and inquiries about future plans for the game and know that so many of you are excited about what’s to come. So are we!

We can confirm that we are currently working on a project with Colossal Order, but it is still too early in development to share more information at this time.

Do tune-in during the event though, as we still have a surprise or two in store for the Cities: Skylines community... So keep sharing your stellar city builds, awesome assets, and amazing mods!

-- The Cities: Skylines team
omagod I'm shocked

What I wish for in a sequel to C:S is to have a better modded assets overview and integration. I wish I could click on a building, see if it is a modded one, and give it a "like" or 5 stars right there, and that these transfer to the steam workshop so that all the great content creators get their recognition and visibility.