A look on the Romanian region

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mingmung

General
35 Badges
Aug 23, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hey there,

I noticed a few things about the current Romanian setup, showcased during last week's developer diary:
- Lehliu Gara, a Romanian town which is actually to the east of Bucharest, is in the location of Silistre/Silistra. An Ottoman town in Bulgaria (also featured in other Paradox strategy games).
- Slatina wasn't really a big factor in the 19th century (its industries also being mid/late 20th century). I hope Craiova is there on the map, as that was an actual center of Oltenia. I'm aware it was a county-capital, but its size was negligible for a very long time.
- The Vicky 2 version of Wallachia/Moldavia is quite alright, I hope they base things off that one. (even though Silistre (Bulgaria) is a Danube-port in reality, instead of a Black Sea one. Same mistake as in EU4).
- The first three letters of Onesti are barely visible in Moldavia, but it's there. This was but a village back in the 19th century, and would stay one for long until mid 20th century. Vicky 2's map should again be the solution. Bacau is the capital of that region.
- All of the Transylvanian names are contemporary Romanian, instead of Austrian (German).

Please, for the love of everything, don't pull a Eu4 2.0 with this map. There are sources aplenty of all things cities and administrative divisions of the 19th and 20th century, not just of Europe. This should be a lot easier to do than the 1444 starting date of EU4.
Vicky 2 romania.png

Romania.png

Reactions:
Why they cant alling the border to he river, wtf

I was under the impression that the town is supposed to be Ruse/Ruschuk due to how close it is to Bucharest. But looking at that state border and old map, you are right. That is not good. Silistra should be nowhere near Bucharest; but rather right in that corner that borders both Calarasi and Constanta.