• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qangtang Dhingyose, Chieftess of Satho, 867
Liege: Sumparu
Dynasty: Qangtang
Marriage: None
Culture: Sumpa
Religion: Bon
Bloodline: None
Heir: None

Brusha Yum, Chieftess of Rutog, 867
Liege: Guge
Dynasty: Brusha
Marriage: None
Culture: Zhangzhung
Religion: Bon
Bloodline: None
Heir: None

Added, and reorganized the Tibetan countesses into their own small section.

Glad to see the 936 chieftess in Island/Iceland already on the list--it's always interested me as a region of the map and I just noticed and started a playthrough as her there, which has been pretty unique.

Jahzara of Shewa is a favorite of mine. An independent duchess controlling two counties, she's miaphysite and feudal, one county is sunni and feudal, the other is miaphysite and tribal - so basically nobody likes her, she has no money and no troops... It's a challenge. :)

Hey so I didnt see anything in the list about the Latin Empress Yolande. She ruled only in 1219. Problem is is that shes 43 with a shit ton of non dynastic children. I guess the best you could do is get your brother elected as emperor if you change the succession laws. When do women reach menopause anyways?

Jahzara of Shewa is a favorite of mine. An independent duchess controlling two counties, she's miaphysite and feudal, one county is sunni and feudal, the other is miaphysite and tribal - so basically nobody likes her, she has no money and no troops... It's a challenge. :)

Hey so I didnt see anything in the list about the Latin Empress Yolande. She ruled only in 1219. Problem is is that shes 43 with a shit ton of non dynastic children. I guess the best you could do is get your brother elected as emperor if you change the succession laws. When do women reach menopause anyways?

Thanks, both of you! @ThePettyQueen , EDIT: Wait, no, I see it now. 936 and she's already on the list, Ctrl F for Jahzara. @Cheshirecat Menopause hits in-game at 45 (which I think is a little BS, it varies a lot and should be a random fire for female characters between say, age 40 and 55).

Last edited:
Sorry, missed Jahzara among all the wiki links!

One I don't see listed is Ingeborg of Gudbrandsdalen (Norway). She's 24 and unmarried in 1066, with no family at all, and only a one-holding county... But her country is busy invading England, so who knows what opportunities may arise.

Also, do heiresses count? In 936 the chief of Kassala and Gezira (independent) is 67, and his heir is his 33-year-old daughter Eirena. She has a dynastic son but no husband. Tribal Nubian chieftess, anyone?

Sorry, missed Jahzara among all the wiki links!

One I don't see listed is Ingeborg of Gudbrandsdalen (Norway). She's 24 and unmarried in 1066, with no family at all, and only a one-holding county... But her country is busy invading England, so who knows what opportunities may arise.

Also, do heiresses count? In 936 the chief of Kassala and Gezira (independent) is 67, and his heir is his 33-year-old daughter Eirena. She has a dynastic son but no husband. Tribal Nubian chieftess, anyone?

- Thanks for the additional suggestion!
- Sadly heiresses do not count.

Just wanted to mention Helena of Skövde. If she isn’t a courtier in the game, a strong case can be made for her inclusion.

She was one of the Scandinavians canonised by the Pope which makes her an important person. Her personal story is interesting and strongly in line with the central themes of the Crusader Kings games.

It is also likely that she was the daughter of a Jarl.

While she is only known in a part of Sweden, the strength of her presence in that region today is as strong as any of the heavy weight superstars of the Middle Ages.

Interesting indeed! But unfortunately this list is only for playable characters in-game.

So in the 1066 start theres the single province Countess of Manthang. Her name is Glo Dzeden and she apparently inherited from her brother. I have no idea if she has any historical basis. But theres she has a surpsingly detailed family history so I wouldnt be suprised tbh. It seems like an insanely hard start since shes Bon and is surrounded by a bunch of Hindu/Buddhist Duchies and Kingdoms. She isnt married and has no kids.

So in the 1066 start theres the single province Countess of Manthang. Her name is Glo Dzeden and she apparently inherited from her brother. I have no idea if she has any historical basis. But theres she has a surpsingly detailed family history so I wouldnt be suprised tbh. It seems like an insanely hard start since shes Bon and is surrounded by a bunch of Hindu/Buddhist Duchies and Kingdoms. She isnt married and has no kids.

She's on the list already!

Theres also an Iqta Countess named Abisha Hadud of Ahvaz under the Ilkhanate in 1281, shes unmarried and doesn't have any relatives. So I guess she has to convert to another religion and matri-marry

Also theres Qutlugh-Khan Turkan Hatun, She's the High Chieftess of Kerman in 1281 (Also a vassal under the Ilkhanate.) She has a dynastic brother so I guess just marry him off. You cant matri-marry since she's Muslim and Iqta

Last edited:
Theres also an Iqta Countess named Abisha Hadud of Ahvaz under the Ilkhanate in 1281, shes unmarried and doesn't have any relatives. So I guess she has to convert to another religion and matri-marry

Also theres Qutlugh-Khan Turkan Hatun, She's the High Chieftess of Kerman in 1281 (Also a vassal under the Ilkhanate.) She has a dynastic brother so I guess just marry him off. You cant matri-marry since she's Muslim and Iqta

Both of these are already on the list (Ctrl F), but thanks for the suggestions!

I also dont see the countesses of Bari and Lecce on the list (Albinia and Medania, both of the De Hauteville dynasty) They appear around 1200-ish. Medania seems to hold a lot of land for a countess which is nice.