• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Book One: King Amlaíb and Murchad of Mumu

Session One: September and October 1066

September 7, 1066

King Amlaíb of Mumu was a happy man, to put it mildly. He found himself in arms with the young lad Murchad next to him, the younger knight spinning his newlywed around as the dance continued.

“It’s honestly hard to believe that we are fully wed now,” the joyful blonde said with a chuckle.

“I know,” came the reply along with a stolen kiss. Not that the other man minded.

“They will want us to have an heir somehow, whether through adoption or - ”

“We will figure that out when the time comes,” Amlaíb replied.

“Many of the vassals seem to be -”

“We will get there when we get there. For now, let’s just enjoy tonight.”

“Indeed. I feel so very blessed to have you by my side.”

“I do too.” Both men laughed, and the dance continued.

https://github.com/jacobhilker1/Ash...lions-tale/a-lions-tale.org#september-19-1066
September 19, 1066

“They will expect you to sire an heir at some point, Amlaíb,” the golden knight chuckled as he pulled the heavy furs around the two. Yes, the night had been a long one, good for relaxing and ignoring the stresses of the time as the two snuggled close.

“I know that, dear husband, and I have already been in talks with one of my courtiers - Bébin. I think we had some ale together during our wedding.¨

“Of course - you know she and I were friends,” Murchad replied.

“And she and I were as well. That's the reason why I asked her in the first place if she would want to - she is understanding of that sort of thing.”

"I know, my thoughts are that it would be easier to take in an orphan and raise them as our heir."

The younger, fire-haired man chuckled. "Aye, I realize that, but it is expected we will have at least one child of our own blood. I do believe we can do both, though - no law says that we cannot." A deep, throaty laugh. "Aye, you're right." He felt the knight's smile against his bare chest, and soon the two collapsed into sleep.

October 3, 1066

Amlaíb frowned as he heard his chancellor speaking. Of course the damned fool had let some bandits into the country, and now they would spread their disease and steal what they could, damn it. The councilor had been loyal to Conchobar, aye, but to Amlaíb? No sense of loyalty, and a sense of dread and almost hatred.

“Councilor, I will need to speak with you after the meeting.”

“Of course, my liege.”

The meeting continued on - a young man had continued to offer to serve as physician, and so the king ultimately accepted the young man’s offer just so the lad would shut up about it.

“You needed to speak with me, my king?” the man asked.

“Yes. Unfortunately, your services are no longer required on the council.”

“Why?” the man asked, frowning.

“You let bandits into the country despite them claiming to be merchants. Now, we have another situation to deal with. Your last act as councilor is to personally help me find the bandits and bring them to justice.”

The older man growled and stormed off, filled with rage. He would see this false king undone by whatever means necessary.