• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DavyDavy

Community Developer
Paradox Staff
Sep 25, 2019
A message from Lasse, the Game Director for Surviving the Aftermath:

Hello survivors,

The last six months have been quite the ride since we started on this journey together. Surviving the Aftermath has evolved a lot from its initial Early Access release on the Epic Games Store and Xbox Game Preview, way back in ancient times of PDXCON 2019. Since the Early Access launch, we’ve released monthly content updates that introduce features or add depth to existing mechanics. This was all made possible by our players who helped us shape the game with their feedback over the last seven months.

While working alongside our players, it became obvious that we are onto something truly special, but we should spend more time going deeper into gameplay mechanics that meet our community’s expectations. On top of that, development has been affected with everyone working from home during the global COVID-19 pandemic. Luckily, no one has taken ill thus far, and we’d very much like to keep it that way. Because of this, we made the difficult decision to push back the official launch of Surviving the Aftermath 1.0 to early 2021. The team at Paradox has been a pleasure to work with and they will continue to give us their full support making Surviving the Aftermath the best survival management game possible.

But there is good news! We are excited to share that Surviving the Aftermath will be available on Steam Early Access on October 22, 2020. We promised a Steam release in late 2020, so we are sticking to our word. Expanding Early Access support to Steam allows even more players to get involved during this phase of development where there’s still time for us to act on your feedback. We’ll also have more details on the PlayStation 4 launch as we get closer to release.

During the last seven months, we’ve added trading, vehicles, an enhanced tech tree, society leaders, colony combat, colonist behaviors, and hostile wildlife. Among those features were several highly requested by the community, such as underground resource extractors, malnutrition, and prioritizing adding combat sooner rather than later. Some of these features started small, but have grown deeper and more intuitive with each update, and there are a lot of big things to come. But this is all just the beginning, players can look forward to new exploration mechanics, endgame, a quest system and more!

Developing this game alongside our players has been a real treat and we love the passion you are showing towards our game. We look forward to working with all of you as we continue to improve Surviving the Aftermath leading up to launch.

In the meantime, stay safe and healthy!
Lasse Liljedahl
CEO at Iceflake Studios and Game Director for Surviving the Aftermath

• 16Like
Reactions:
Currently there is one Update per month. On the Roadmap there are 10 Updates planned. Normally this roadmap is completed for August/September.
Will there be others content updates planned for this Autumn/Winter before the Release ?

We appreciate the work you done so far and anticipating for the final product like no other in the market. Kudos for keeping the cooperative spirit, for sharing with the community and for the overall good mood. Thank you, people, keep up.

Reactions:
I'd also like to know this. Epic is fine for playing games but i would like to switch to Steam for the Community and Modding features.

I'd think you'd have to re-purchase it since they're two different storefronts. IMO it's better to wait for the Steam release. You'll likely get it cheaper, the bugs will be worked out, community/workshop actually exists, and overall Steam is a much better storefront imo. Epic's storefront is trash compared to Steam.

Reactions:
I'm tempted to boycott it altogether because I think Epic's business model is pretty much designed to just stick it to the gaming community as much as possible. But let's be honest here, we all know I'll buy it first day on steam.