• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BogMod

Field Marshal
108 Badges
Jul 10, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
So Iron Century is out. This means it is time for another fun LP of Crusader Kings 2! Now I have been playing this game a long time. I am well aware of the memes and the ways that people feel about certain lineages. This is why I have picked a family that is sure to get lots of support! Yes we will be playing the Karling family West Francia! Doesn't this sound good? Doesn't this sound amazing? With these Iron French Karling Kings I have a few modest goals. First of all build just so many Great Works. Second of all make something a little Holy and a little Roman. Third of all, and this may be the hardest one yet, actually try to be good Catholics. Either way I hope you will all enjoy with me.

Playlist

Now how do I get my hands on that sweet sweet Lotharingia?

The fact that the crown of Germany is held by elective powers I think works in my favour I think. It will spread out the claims wider and let me find an in to the region.

Biggest worry I think isn't most of the local neighbours but more that a certain power in Iberia might start looking up north my way.

I never knew Arles was a thing until this expansion. Yay for history!

Oh Great Works, you are really really great. I mean you are just the greatest. Takes a lot of work though.

And apparently building ourselves a sex garden is an option. Well more fertility is always good!

Viking invaders? I don't think so!

This is what marriage is all about here. Politics! Gaining lands!

Time to break the grip of some of my powerful vassals. Which means of course treachery of one person or another.

I am very pleased with my finally gaining the two duchies I have my sights on. Success! It is good to be King.

Yes I said I would be a good Catholic but I mean my Jesus collection! Sometimes you just have to collect all the things.

Two mad Kings so far. Was there something with the Karling family and madness?

The Pope asks for odd things sometimes but if this is what it takes ok.

While I don't think it will happen and unrelated to whats going on I would be impressed if Byzantium remade the Roman Empire on their own. I don't think the AI will but still. Then we could have double Romans!

So does anyone know if there is anything special about that whole bit where mom had a vision about the kids?

Hey...hey! You stole my provinces! With...inheritances! That is my trick! Curse you AI! Curse you!

Well I suppose this is one way to make it easier for me to get those lost lands back. Easy invasion potential now.

Need to get some kind of thing going going on I think in Iberia. Maybe give it a name as I reclaim the lands. What to call it...hmm?

One thing I do like is that the Iberia region's natural kingdom set up is more diverse now. Wasn't always this way.