• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Absolutely loved the description of the Princess-Regent Kelzang. Such a vivid description! Really inspires me to pick up the figurative pen :)
The forbidden strain had been all but eradicated once before but seemed to rise like a hideous parody of Lazarus.
Love the turn of phrase!
Still, perhaps I'll write a sequel someday. :)
Really hope so! As mentioned before, your Tibet seems a fascinating place, and I'd be curious to see how it continues, if its rulers would carry on the liberalism and tolerance of the past, or if the religious differences would ever flare into outright war, let alone seeing how Tibet would deal with encroaching imperialist powers.

And everything was right at the roof of the world.

Hoping to see your next work soon!

As ever, glad I could be able to follow another one of your AARs from start to finish :) I do hope we eventually return to Selbar IX's story, even if only as an epilogue, but I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for whatever comes down the pipeline, in this tale or the next.

And so the journey ends. And what a journey it has been! Truly a joy to read. :)

His was an arid faith, blessed as he was with a mind so narrow it was a miracle he could don a hat.
I had to smile at this, what an image! :D

His was an arid faith, blessed as he was with a mind so narrow it was a miracle he could don a hat.

I love this phrase!

A very fitting conclusion to another @RossN masterclass in historybook

Certainly with Federations now is a good time to consider matters among the heavens.

a great AAR, but as all things it had to come to an end. thanks a lot for this beautiful reading experience! looking forward to new AARs.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. :)

Normally in an AAR I would do an Epilogue post, but since I might return to this at some future point (in EU IV) I won't make any in-universe predictions. Still if anyone wants anything clarified or just wants to discuss anything I'm happy to oblige!

I see from the recent posts you have just finished this AAR, but I haven’t looked ahead in any detail as I work my way forward. Now up to chapter 29 so not too far off. Hope you don’t mind me still offering comments along the way. :)
drawn like wasps to rotting plums by the riches of Khotan and Charklik.
I love these little gems you throw into the story. :cool:
On half a dozen occasions Selbar personally commanded a charge that broke the barbarian ranks and ended in a duel with their leaders.
Very impressive!
Whatever the truth the Messalian heresy suddenly took on a life of its own in the reign of Selbar V.
Damned (literally) Devil worshippers! :mad: And the further trouble hinted at ... :eek:
The Imperial Guard (also called the Snow Lion Guard from their distinctive silk banners and livery) grew continuously during this period and by 1348 they were made up of over fourteen thousand men
Wow! My game experience is extremely limited (like, the one game I’m playing and writing up in my own CK2 AAR), though I’ve read a fair few AARs, but that seems pretty huge to me.

A few days late reading the final post :oops:, but I must say this was an(other) excellent AAR, very enjoyable and as exceptionally written as ever, and it was fascinating to learn much about a region I previously knew very little of. Onward to the next one! :)

I see from the recent posts you have just finished this AAR, but I haven’t looked ahead in any detail as I work my way forward. Now up to chapter 29 so not too far off. Hope you don’t mind me still offering comments along the way. :)

Not at all! I'm glad you are enjoying this! :)

I love these little gems you throw into the story. :cool:

Thank you! :)

Very impressive!

Yes, I know the risks of making a monarch a general but it felt out of character to have him stay at home!

Damned (literally) Devil worshippers! :mad: And the further trouble hinted at ... :eek:

Well... they would probably refute the term Devil worshippers, but who cares what heretics think?

Wow! My game experience is extremely limited (like, the one game I’m playing and writing up in my own CK2 AAR), though I’ve read a fair few AARs, but that seems pretty huge to me.

That's true it is very large. Fortunately by this time the Tibetan Empire was itself large and a great deal of wealth was flowing into the treasury thanks to the Silk Road and the Tea-Horse Road. Having a standing army not only felt appropriate it also allowed the Tsenpo to act against revolts and barbarian incursions (almost as common as the ones you experience in your Rome AAR!)

A few days late reading the final post :oops:, but I must say this was an(other) excellent AAR, very enjoyable and as exceptionally written as ever, and it was fascinating to learn much about a region I previously knew very little of. Onward to the next one! :)

Thank you and I'm delighted you enjoyed it! :D It really was a lot of fun playing, writing and learning about Tibet. Like you i knew very little of the region before I started but it really was a fascinating crossroads of Central Asia.

I know I'm late to the party, but I want to say thank you for this amazing AAR.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Finally got around to reading this AAR to the end. It's been a heck of a ride, and it's really nice to see a strong Tibet able to serve as a regional power in its own right. Well done on this one!

If you ever decide to continue this into EU IV, I'll be along for the ride, even if I don't comment as much as I used to.

• 1Like
Reactions: