A java script error occurred in the main process

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tree of Life

Sergeant
1 Badges
Nov 2, 2020
  • Stellaris
Can anyone tell me how to fix this error?

Uncaught Exception:

Error: Cannot open /Users/mmt/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2022.9/Paradox Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/main/launcher-v2-c-bindings.node: Error: dlopen(/var/folders/5w/p9c_mg6s63g18qzz5tbb0s880000gn/T/.com.paradoxinteractive.launcher.RWkefk, 1): Symbol not found: __ZNSt3__113basic_filebufIcNS_11char_traitsIcEEE4openEPKcj

Referenced from: /var/folders/5w/p9c_mg6s63g18qzz5tbb0s880000gn/T/.com.paradoxinteractive.launcher.RWkefk (which was built for Mac OS X 12.0)

Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib

at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/mmt/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2022.9/Paradox Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/main/main.js:2:4926913)

at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/mmt/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2022.9/Paradox Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/main/main.js:2:4926951)

at __webpack_require__ (/Users/mmt/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2022.9/Paradox Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/main/main.js:2:142)

at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/mmt/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2022.9/Paradox Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/main/main.js:2:4926610)

at __webpack_require__ (/Users/mmt/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2022.9/Paradox Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/main/main.js:2:142)

at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/mmt/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2022.9/Paradox Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/main/main.js:2:3249359)

at Module.<anonymous> (/Users/mmt/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2022.9/Paradox Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/main/main.js:2:5797142)

at __webpack_require__ (/Users/mmt/

Please delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/ folder. To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and paste in ~/Library/Application Support/ . Then run the game from the PLAY Button in Steam, to reinstall the launcher.

If that does not get the launcher running, we will need these files from that same folder:

Attach ALL .log files Found here ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/

Note that you can run stellaris.app directly to bypass the launcher.

Please delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/ folder. To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and paste in ~/Library/Application Support/ . Then run the game from the PLAY Button in Steam, to reinstall the launcher.

If that does not get the launcher running, we will need these files from that same folder:

Attach ALL .log files Found here ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/

Note that you can run stellaris.app directly to bypass the launcher.
Hi there, not OP but I'm facing the same issues.

Attachments

• launcher-bootstrapper.log
    3,1 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-dowser.log
    618 bytes · Views: 0
Hi there, not OP but I'm facing the same issues.
Please make your own new thread in future. Thanks.

This may be a bug in the launcher, which seems to require MacOS 12 now. Were you at all thinking of updating MacOS? If so please do that and confirm for me that it helps, then I can report that to the developers.

Hello I have the same error but in my case I have MacOS 11 and I can´t update it to 12 there is not another way to solve the problem?
Not until the launcher devs diagnose and fix the problem, and release that new version. Sorry about that!

Why is it you cannot update, if I can ask?