• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hearty congratulations on completing the CK2 section of this AAR!
However, I believe I have spotted an error:
In your 'Papal Pronouncement of 1452' update you write:"In the fall of 1452, Pope Urban II announced that beginning in December 31, 2012..."
Should that be December 31, 1452 or is that your way of saying that the EU3 section will start on December 31 2012?

Hearty congratulations on completing the CK2 section of this AAR!
However, I believe I have spotted an error:
In your 'Papal Pronouncement of 1452' update you write:"In the fall of 1452, Pope Urban II announced that beginning in December 31, 2012..."
Should that be December 31, 1452 or is that your way of saying that the EU3 section will start on December 31 2012?

Obviously, the Pope is immortal. He's like the Doctor; he just changes appearance so nobody gets suspicious. :D

Congrats on the AAR, and I can't wait to see the follow up!

The Kingdom of Syria did get the Syria tag. It's the Duchy of Syria that got the Ottoman tag.

Oh. Never mind then. Though I believe there still are more suitable tags...
By the way, what happened with Genoa? I assume they're still called "Genoa"?

Oh. Never mind then. Though I believe there still are more suitable tags...
By the way, what happened with Genoa? I assume they're still called "Genoa"?

For some reason, it decided that the Republics of Genoa, Tunis and Sardinia were in personal union, like the Kingdoms of England and Ireland. Which means that it translated as three countries that may not stick together...honestly, it seems unlikely that it would as a republic.

And I fixed the 2012 thing. And yeah, I'll post a link to the new thread when I start it in the EU3 section.

For some reason, it decided that the Republics of Genoa, Tunis and Sardinia were in personal union, like the Kingdoms of England and Ireland. Which means that it translated as three countries that may not stick together...honestly, it seems unlikely that it would as a republic.

And I fixed the 2012 thing. And yeah, I'll post a link to the new thread when I start it in the EU3 section.

Republics in personal union... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Really good AAR, enjoyed it a lot and looking forward to seeing how it works out in EU3.

Republics in personal union... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sounds crazy but just make sure they ain't Hapsburgs, if anyone could pull off that trick it'll be a Hapsburg.

Bravo! A great AAR is at the end of the first part. Thanks for doing this, it's been an unique and good read. Will you post the link to the new thread when you make it?

Great job. A thoroughly enjoyable read.

I saw in the France update that Alger's broke away. Did they end up forming anything of their own? Were they an independent French duchy or Kingdom?

The Pope invoked the doctrine of Papal infallibility and excommunicated Duchess Euphemia when she attempted to argue that the name of her realm was surely not a matter of doctrine.

Papal infallibility didn't rear its ugly head until 1870, in response mainly to the decreasing regard given to the church, and increasing liberalism in Europe.

Yes the idea was discussed, but it wasn't policy until the late 19th century.

I have now opened the EU3 thread with a view of the northwestern part of the map.

It's here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...According-to-Paradox-A-Hands-Off-AAR-Part-Two

As to the questions posed: yes, the Franco-Algerian state will appear in EU3. They hadn't quite made it to kingdom status in CK2 but held a number of duchy titles.

I'm not familiar with CanOmer's map. Does it just change the visuals? I don't want to do anything that might interfere with my conversion of the game to Vicky 2 when the time comes.

I have now opened the EU3 thread with a view of the northwestern part of the map.

It's here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...According-to-Paradox-A-Hands-Off-AAR-Part-Two

As to the questions posed: yes, the Franco-Algerian state will appear in EU3. They hadn't quite made it to kingdom status in CK2 but held a number of duchy titles.

I'm not familiar with CanOmer's map. Does it just change the visuals? I don't want to do anything that might interfere with my conversion of the game to Vicky 2 when the time comes.
CanOmer's map only changes the visuals. The map is changed, but in a way 100% compatible with vanilla saves. In fact you could switch to it halfway through the second one.