• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I used an updated version of the converter, though as said before there are still problems. It looks like the EU4 converter tends not to be as fond of vassals as Raziot's EU3 converter...but that's not enough to account for Poland. I wonder if in cases where there's more than one ruler in an EU3 province it automatically goes to the de Jure ruler or something.

The final V2 map looked like this:

I wasn't paying that close attention to what was going on but just at a quick scan of the final game, here are the fates of the major EU3 powers (V2 tags in brackets)

England (Great Britain) – failed to industrialize but was stable
Norway (Scandinavia) – ate Denmark & Sweden, became a leading industrial power, leading colonial power in the Pacific
Bohemia (Bohemia & Moravia) – industrialized secondary power
France – (France) almost wiped out
Berry (The Republic of)– dominates France, great power, large possessions in North America
Castille (Spain) – failed to industrialize but held onto its colonies
Navarra (Portugal) – similar to Castille
Etruria (Ireland) – powerful democracy, got most of southern Africa and western Canada, spun off major dominions in North America and northern South America
Frankfurt (Frankfurt am Main) – expanded a bit but failed to industrialize
Austria (Austria) – industrialized, fascist, got much of northern Africa, great power and rival to Etruria.
Hungary (Hungary)– stable but not industrializing
Byzantium (Byzantium) – consolidated and industrialized somewhat and became a secondary power
Funj – remained a backward sattelite of Byzantium
Mali (Liberia) – industrialized great power
Vijayanagar (Bastar) – Westernized and became a democracy but was pushed out of Peninsular India
Bihar (Sikkim) – dominates India leading secondary power
Malacca (Philippines) – civilized Bourgeois dictatorship
Ming (China) – recaptured most of China, westernized, dominant great power
Manchu (Manchuria) – secondary power, HMS government
Sibir (Serbia) – formed German Empire then went democratic, some minor German states in the west joined it
Leinster (The Democratic Union of) – lost most of its north American possessions but a scecondary power

So you aren't gonna make a thread for this one? :(

@I8Strudel
In some parts it's a little hard to interpret the map because I don't know what the colors stand for. The Americas are especially confusing. (Is that magenta band across much of the US the same color as Galicia? I'd really like to know who owns where I live.)

That's the Commonwealth of District of Columbia, the Etrurian spin-off Imentioned.

So Norway, Denmark and Sweden got united? Did you see how that happened? War? Some kind of event? It seems a little odd considering how Denmark went republic while Norway was still a monarchy... or did that play a part in their union?

I didn't notice. Could there be pan-Scandinavian nationalists? But since Berry also seems to have gotten a piece of Denmark, I guess it's possible it was a series of wars.

Who are all those colors around France? I assume the big greenish color is Berry. Is that also Berry with the big chunk of Spain, south of the darker green which I presume to be Navarra?

All the little countries around France (Foix, Normandy, Toulouse, Liege, Guyenne etc.)` survived. And it looks like France was forced to spawn a dominion in Northern France in light blue (the Confederation)

That grayish almost-lavender bluish maybe-almost-but-not-really-periwinkle-like color (okay, I'm not very good at describing colors) around Tunisia and Libya, is that Genoa?

Yes

I assume those little countries on the steppe near Scandinavia, Hungary and Byzantium are various former-HRE minors?
Etruria got converted as Ireland? Isn't that a tad, well, odd?

Well, it did have the most territory in Ireland, but yes, it's an odd choice. I think because of the converter mod, Idhrendur isn't that motivated to work on the tag assignments.

You say Sibir picked up some little German states in the west when it became the German Empire. Where? I don't see any signs of them.
It's just a couple of provinces so it's very difficult to see at the scale--you might be able to spot it in Schleswig-Holstein between Scandinavia and Frankfurt.

Who's the dark plum color around where Mutapa used to be? Is that the same color in Brazil? Oh, is that Leinster?

No to all three. The dark plum color in Africa is Malacca (Philippines) which held on to its African possessions. In South America, it's La Plata (Argentina)

Is Vijayanagar that weird green color around Pakistan and Sri Lanka and East Africa and a little patch around Laos and Thailand? Good for them.

Yes

Do I see Bihar's color around Kazakhstan and the north of Japan? Rather exciting. How'd that happen?

No. That color in Central Asia is a minor converted from EU3, maybe Chagatai Horde. In Japan, it's Peru.

Did Byzantium retain any satellites other than Funj, or are the other countries in their area various independent succesor states?

The light Green in Anatolia is Trebizond which remained a satellite, but everything else except Funj is independent I think.

I am so in love with this map. I bet you could have made a pretty nice AAR out of that game, even, though of course I look forward to your serious playthrough as well. (Kind of nice to see an evener playing field, though.)

In your conversion, who starts out as civilized? Do Mali and Byzantium make the cut? (It'd strike me as odd if Byzantium did and Mali didn't.) Or how about Vijayanagar? At the end of EU3, they're a pretty viable great power candidate (sixth place or so, by my estimation of the income and military stats) but they do lag behind an awful lot in technology, so maybe not. (My idea of greatest powers was Frankfurt, Hungary, England, Denmark, Norway, Vijayanagar, though if we take tech into account, I expect Etruria or Sibir would replace Vijayanagar. Which is a shame, because Vijayanagar is way more fun to type.)

The converter bases civilized on Tech Group, so all the Eastern tech countries were civilized and the muslim tech countries like Mali and Sicily were partially westernized and the others uncivilized. The Westernization started pretty fast, I think Sicily was westernized before 1840. There's no way you'd guess the great powers because of the way they're determined (mix of military size, prestige, and industrial score). Suffice it to say that the initial great powers included Sardinia, Venice and Polotsk. I'm planning to modify the starting prestige somewhat to fix that but part of the problem is that any country with a manufactory gets a huge bonus because it starts with a small industrial score when almost every country has zero industrial score.

@Doomsiggy, no thread for this one. It was just an experiment. I'm waiting until I get a start position that's a better reflection of my eu3 game.

Oh, I thought of another significant question about your unofficial illiterate trial run! Is the united Scandinavia a monarchy a la Norway, or a republic a la Denmark? That could offer a clue as to who led the unification!

I wouldn't say that. If you look at the end-game stats, Denmark has a greater income, manpower, navy, number of provinces, city population, trade efficiency and production efficiency
Norway, meanwhile, had a larger army and was ahead in technology, as well as being Holy Roman Emperor, but that appears to be it in terms of their advantages.

I think the real advantage was that Denmark was hit by the colony/literacy bug and Norway wasn't. Apparently, all of the provinces held by a number of nations were counted as colonies by the converter, which both resulted in 0 literacy and prevented them from building any factories.

Thanks for the heads up!