A guide to technology beelining

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And how do you know what AI researched? Also you need to salvage it 10 times to fully unlock, if i remember correctly.

I sometimes get 20% or 30% from a salvage operation. I'm not sure if it's straight-up random or if there are other factors.

It would be nice if this was visible in game.

Love the cards system though as it means every game (from a technological perspective), isn't a carbon copy of the one before.

And more important than ever with 2.2's wider tech tree!
I shall be able to post updated trees today.

However, I'll need to update examples as well. Do you have any particular technologies in mind? I can only think about Anti-Gravity Engineering in order to unlock Acrology Project.

tech trees comparison - v.2.2.2.1 to v.2.0.2
Please find updated tech trees for regular empires. I've removed all gestalt/machine intelligence ones, separate trees will be made for them at later point. The faint red outline means that technology requires access to rare resource.

Physics tree changes
stellaris-tech-tree-p.png
stellaris-tech-tree_v2221-physics.png

Physics tree has not changed much and remains the cleanest of them all. It's a bit hard to beeline now, due to introduction of research station + physics research techs and point defense being now a starting tech.

The oddity here is motes generation tech which looks like it should belong to engineering tree.

Society tree changes
stellaris-tech-tree-s.png
stellaris-tech-tree_v2221-society.png

The big change here is Galactic Administration being demoted to Tier 3. This makes possible getting 3rd civic much earlier. There is significant amount of new techs (traders, entertainers, food processing and some extra techs for megacorps), making beelining here even more painful. This can be averted to a certain point by not researching rare resources techs.

Notable oddities - Space Trading and Food Processing are for some reason blocked by rare resource techs despite not introducing any buildings with resource upkeep. A subject for a bug forum.

Engineering tree changes
stellaris-tech-tree-e.png
stellaris-tech-tree_v2221-engineering.png

Engineering tree is no longer easy to beeline in. Now it has basically the same issues as the society one - a lot of techs are popping in tiers 2-3, which are hard if not impossible to block. Here are all the rare resources techs (both harvesting and synthesizing), the flak cannons (which is now starting tech), the housing and space stations stuff. Some of them may be blocked by not researching rare resources techs or not grabbing systems/planets with rare resources. The only good thing is that synthetics might be a bit easier to beeline to due to Galactic Administration demote. As well, Anti-Gravity Engineering which is needed for Arcology Project is quite easy to get.

Notable oddities - Mineral Purification is for some reason blocked by rare resource access (same issue as in society) and Mineral Isolation doesn't require Galactic Administration (corresponding techs in physics and society do require it).

Overall impressions
Beelining is now quite a bit harder with all these new buildings and space stations technologies. Synths-rushing materialists as well lost the +1 research alternative from Technocracy, which is a bit offset by Galactic Administration being in tier 3 now. Not researching certain rare resources is a new way of blocking undesired techs, but that stops working once Galactic Market is founded (and being accessed).

Attachments

• stellaris-tech-tree_v2221.pdf
    1,1 MB · Views: 332
Wow, you got this done really fast! Amazing!
I shall be able to post updated trees today.

However, I'll need to update examples as well. Do you have any particular technologies in mind? I can only think about Anti-Gravity Engineering in order to unlock Acrology Project.
Are you asking me? Synth ascension all the way... Although I probably won't actually play a synth ascension game until robots get that new balance pass the devs mentioned.

The script is not updated to the newest tech tree?
Sorry, the tech database is not updated yet as I thought it's of little worth given how fast updates were rolling out. Also all that performance stuff I was looking in kinda left little time to work on this one, sorry again for delay on gestalt trees and examples.