• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
MaximusII said:
Oh, Ok I'll fix it :)

Cool,

BTW, I have read most of the postings here, and well it seems very interesting, I do have a little experience in a variety of areas of modding. I would not mind setting it up for ya. What do you want the scenario to look like??

I downloaded the thing you had, and well of course it did not work??

I have already finished a starting point with a new scenario. I was wondering if there was any files that were complete that needed to go in it.

Hi 'usnorwaystudent'

Here is what he told me (in another thread)

I haven't made any changes in the .INC files (As far as I can remember)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukala
Are the changes mostly contained in these files:

event = "db\events\new troops\GER.txt"
event = "db\events\missions\Germany.txt"

Specifically did you make any map changes, that is to the 'province' db?

Nope, I haven't done any changes to any provinces (I think) and yes, those are the only event files I have changed...

No need for both of us to do it. So I think you need only add those two event files to make his scenario work.

hmmm, I do not understand why his work does not run.

Well, the missions germany events do not have id numbers, I'll check to see if the newtroops works

Edit(1) ; I checked, the newtroops all have mistakes in them, basically just one too many } and one less } for each event.

But I got one event to fire, I deleted the other ones. (to save time, can be fixed easily)

I'll wait until I hear from max,

Thanks Yuk

Edit (2) ; finished the troops for germany (all events work now)

Last edited:
Why don't you both help with the .eug file? You can work togheter :D

As they say in UK; The more the marrier (Or it's more than a carrier :D) (Sorry, tired, bad sense of homour :p )

But if you'll like to add me on MSN so we can talk about would be cool :)
Just write in this thread if you want to add me and I shall PM you my MSN adress :)

Yours trouly
---MaximusII

MaximusII said:
Why don't you both help with the .eug file? You can work togheter :D

As they say in UK; The more the marrier (Or it's more than a carrier :D) (Sorry, tired, bad sense of homour :p )

But if you'll like to add me on MSN so we can talk about would be cool :)
Just write in this thread if you want to add me and I shall PM you my MSN adress :)

Yours trouly
---MaximusII
It is all up and working now,

Thank you both so much :D

Want to join the Modding team (offically) as debugger or something?

Huh... ?
I will always help; however 'usnorwaystudent' DID all the Work !! :D :cool:
I just sniffed a little. :rofl:
Great job ! usnorwaystudent

Yukala said:
Huh... ?
I will always help; however 'usnorwaystudent' DID all the Work !! :D :cool:
I just sniffed a little. :rofl:
Great job ! usnorwaystudent
debugger sounds good for now, I must admit I have "played" the mod a bit and it is going to GRAND.

Maximus, I am going to fix the event pics and include it in the zip okay? In an hour or so check your email.

Yukala, ifyou did not have your full time risk mod you would of had time to fix it.
I have found that it is actually easier to just redo it (RomanMod and GrandBattle) then to search through all the files. . . . . one little character outta place screws it all up :(

You are smarter than I on that account, however I figured I would help and maybe learn something from seeing the inside of other peoples thinking and doing. But it drove me crazy trying to 'repair' the RomanMod. Which I never did. But funny thing later when I working on RiskMod2 and doing batch editing I duplicated the same error (a corrupted inc. file) and immediately recognized it and replaced it wholesale with a back up. Now that saved me dearly; so I have the 'RomanMod' creator to thank for that. :D

Someday, maybe we could collect all the work of modders in alphabetize it as a 'common resource'?

Yukala said:
You are smarter than I on that account, however I figured I would help and maybe learn something from seeing the inside of other peoples thinking and doing. But it drove me crazy trying to 'repair' the RomanMod. Which I never did. But funny thing later when I working on RiskMod2 and doing batch editing I duplicated the same error (a corrupted inc. file) and immediately recognized it and replaced it wholesale with a back up. Now that saved me dearly; so I have the 'RomanMod' creator to thank for that. :D

Someday, maybe we could collect all the work of modders in alphabetize it as a 'common resource'?
What do you mean by corrupted inc file? Do you mean it has unfixable errors? or fixable ones? Sorry OT

Well MaximusII may tolerate this line of conversation. :D
It may happen to him !! Hope not though.

It seems when you modify inc files (scenario files) which invaribly as modders we will get around to doing, there is a chance one will corrupt and not be 'read' on load up. How, why? Who knows, but it seems if one plays around enough with them it can happen. It can happen to the eug. too. I suspect it is some formating glitch when being saved that does it.

If it happens ditch it immediately and for heavens sake do not clone it. Start fresh and use the back-ups for reference.

Yukala said:
Well MaximusII may tolerate this line of conversation. :D
It may happen to him !! Hope not though.

It seems when you modify inc files (scenario files) which invaribly as modders we will get around to doing, there is a chance one will corrupt and not be 'read' on load up. How, why? Who knows, but it seems if one plays around enough with them it can happen. It can happen to the eug. too. I suspect it is some formating glitch when being saved that does it.

If it happens ditch it immediately and for heavens sake do not clone it. Start fresh and use the back-ups for reference.
I have never experienced this before, the only time I think I have came across it was with the ROman mod, but there were so many errors that they could of effected it.

It is always best to use clean files though, I have started to create templates for different projects. Mostly for graphics and .txt .inc and .eug

I am thinking about creating a .zip with everything you thought you would need to create a mod :)

It's ok if you guys go OT, aslong as you keep it to either Modding or WW2 ;)

And Yukala, you can always be a AI coder if you'll like?

usnorwaystudent, you are now offically in the MOD Team as a Debugger :D

Yeah :D

Write: "A happy member of the Grand Battle MOD" :D

Don't forget a link in the words Grand Battle MOD ;)

I would love to do AI work!! :D

Sign me on. :cool:

YAY :D

You are now offically leader of the AI Modding Team :)

Your first priority would be to make sure the AI follow it's instructions it's getting through each mission... :)