• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dec 15, 2021
1. I'm playing as Amazon and after defeating animals I get food as a bonus resource. What causes this to happen? I can't find a reason for this to happen in the Hero abilities section.

2. What's the limit on the number of abilities you can have? If there is a max, how do I choose which abilities I have?

1. I'm playing as Amazon and after defeating animals I get food as a bonus resource. What causes this to happen? I can't find a reason for this to happen in the Hero abilities section.
That is the Amazon Long Term Bonus
1648365369056.png

2. What's the limit on the number of abilities you can have? If there is a max, how do I choose which abilities I have?
No Max, you can just scroll the abilities bar or select them from the Unit/Hero Panel.

Also know, there are three others like it:

Assembly - Battlefield Autopsies, The Great Harvest
Spacers - Wasteland Scavangers
Oathbound - The Housing Level 2 technology gives resources

These abilities are AMAZING. In Empire mode, I try to take them all as often as possible.

Well, these are not bonuses of the factions themselves. For Assembly, it is the 'no time delay for upgrading units on field'.
The Autopsy, Harvest and Scavengers are all doctrines, which do originate from other factions (Assembly and the minor faction Spacers), but you need to get these before you can use it, instead of being automatically applied once you select your faction.
The Oathbound ability is part of Oathbound heroes (pretty sure if you selected Oathbound, all heroes not only oathbound heroes get that skill? Can't remember right now)

True, it's just that they are the same type. Amazons get some food per tier of the animal, if I heard right. That is the same mechanism as the others. You get 4-5 resource of that type per monster-tier, except the Oathbound. They get resources / victory.

And yeah, the Oathbound one is so rare and situational, you almost never see it. You have to get Food 2, then a throne 3, then the lord has to be involved in a fight. If you do it though, it really goes nuts. I got it online in the Oathbound Campaign 2, and it was effective. By that point though, I basically had it in the bag. That is the problem with a lot of these - WAY too hard to implement. Just makes no sense.