• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nein

Lt. General
2 Badges
Feb 19, 2013
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
1- Will an event that isn't random or country specific trigger for any country?
2- If not, can a random event sleep itself so that it only triggers once, as for the other evnets?

3- Just to be sure, random events happen to everybody, not just humans, if they are activated, right?

1- Will an event that isn't random or country specific trigger for any country?

Not random and not country specific? So you mean provincespecific events? Those trigger for the owner of certain provinces.

2- If not, can a random event sleep itself so that it only triggers once, as for the other evnets?

Why would you make an event random (= able to fire again and again) when you want to sleep it?

3- Just to be sure, random events happen to everybody, not just humans, if they are activated, right?

Unless you use AI = No in the trigger.

Take a look at Havards EU2 editing pages. Lot´s of explanations, just a bit outdated due to the new commands/triggers in FtG:
http://home.broadpark.no/~havmoe/EU/

Not random and not country specific? So you mean provincespecific events? Those trigger for the owner of certain provinces.

No, not province specific events. I'm asking if an event that isn't any of those can trigger for all countries once.

Why would you make an event random (= able to fire again and again) when you want to sleep it?

Because I want an event that triggers just for any country one time, but if that isn't possible without random events (which I don't know if its true), then sleeping one them would do for me.

I looked into the section about event scripting but the closest thing I found was this:

1.3 Random/nonspecific countries

As for provinces above, you can also target random countries. This is dome by replacing the country tag with '-1' or '-6'. -1 is a random country. -6 is the Holy Roman Emperor.

Which I suppose is what is in the actions, given the context

And it can be slept, right?

If you sleep an event it won´t fire again. For noone.
So if you want to have an event that can fire for ANY state but fires only ONCE for the first state then that should work.
However if slept the event won´t fire for any other state after being slept - so it could NOT trigger for all countries once after being slept.

Could you perhaps describe more what you are trying to achieve with that event?

So if you want to have an event that can fire for ANY state but fires only ONCE for the first state then that should work.

Yes, that's what I meant.

With the event I'm trying to create a new country, but it should appear only once, even if it is destroyed later on.

I have another problem with the event. When I try to change the DPs I want to set them to an specific number rather than move the sliders by x points. I thought moving them to one extreme (10 or -10 in the commands) and then making the change I really want would work, but it seems the game calculates the final move with both numbers instead of shifting once and then again. Is there any way to do what I want?

Yes, that's what I meant.

With the event I'm trying to create a new country, but it should appear only once, even if it is destroyed later on.

Most revolters/new countries normally have a fixed area where they can/should appear. Wouldn´t a provincespecific event not be more approbiate that checks if ANY nation owns province X and then releases the new country?

I have another problem with the event. When I try to change the DPs I want to set them to an specific number rather than move the sliders by x points. I thought moving them to one extreme (10 or -10 in the commands) and then making the change I really want would work, but it seems the game calculates the final move with both numbers instead of shifting once and then again. Is there any way to do what I want?

Why would you want to do that? The DP sliders can only be changed ingame every 10 years. Changing them simulates some significant change in the society of the state that usually involves some loss of stability. So it would be strange to have any state suddenly go BOOM - we are now at INNOVATIVE 10 even if we were only at 1 the day before... Events can change the DP sliders but usually do so only in small steps and not in steps that transforms the slaveholding evil autocratic conservative kingdom into an innovative republic of free men. Unless there´s some historical example for that - e.g. the french revolution.

For both questions the answer is the same, its just a dumb fanstasy event, and here it is:

Code:
#Soviet attack#
event = {
	id = 500000
	persistent = yes
	trigger = {
		ai = yes
		countrysize = 3
		NOT = {
			continent = America
		}
	}
	name = "Soviet attack"
	desc = "The Communist forces have decided to land in our nation, there's nothing we can do to stop them..."
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
	offset = 5
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1440 }

action_a = { #We are powerless#
		name = "We are powerless"
		command = { type = country which = SOV }
 		command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 100000 }
 		command = { type = CAV which = -1 value = 50000 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 100000 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 500000 }
		command = { type = ai which = soviet.txt }
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = -5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = -10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = mercantilism value = 10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = 10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = -5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = land value = 10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = quality value = 10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = quality value = -5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = serfdom value = 10 }
		command = { type = land value = 1000000 }
		command = { type = naval value = 1000000 }
		command = { type = infra value = 1000000 }
		command = { type = trade value = 1000000 }
	}
}

The "attack" should be anywhere and the country should have nothing to do with what it "invaded".
So the question still stands, is there a way to set any specific DP position?

For both questions the answer is the same, its just a dumb fanstasy event, and here it is:

Code:
#Soviet attack#
event = {
	id = 500000
	persistent = yes
	trigger = {
		ai = yes
		countrysize = 3
		NOT = {
			continent = America
		}
	}
	name = "Soviet attack"
	desc = "The Communist forces have decided to land in our nation, there's nothing we can do to stop them..."
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
	offset = 5
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1440 }

action_a = { #We are powerless#
		name = "We are powerless"
		command = { type = country which = SOV }
 		command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 100000 }
 		command = { type = CAV which = -1 value = 50000 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 100000 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 500000 }
		command = { type = ai which = soviet.txt }
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = -5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = -10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = mercantilism value = 10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = 10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = -5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = land value = 10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = quality value = 10 }
		command = { type = domestic which = quality value = -5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = serfdom value = 10 }
		command = { type = land value = 1000000 }
		command = { type = naval value = 1000000 }
		command = { type = infra value = 1000000 }
		command = { type = trade value = 1000000 }
	}
}

The "attack" should be anywhere and the country should have nothing to do with what it "invaded".
So the question still stands, is there a way to set any specific DP position?

You should add the condition to the trigger that SOV does not exist.

I could imagine a way to set the DP slider to the value you want but it´s a bit complicated.
Either you need two events: 1st event sets the slider to either the lowest or highest extreme (so that you know where the slider is at) and the 2nd event then add the amount you really want.

The other way would be to put several DP commands in the action. One to raise the slider by 1, 1 to raise by 2, one to raise by 3... and then add a condition to each single command that checks what value the slider is at.

domestic = { type = aristocracy/ centralization/ innovative/ mercantilism/ land/ offensive/
quality/ serfdom value = x }
Checks if a domestic policy slider is at value x or higher. (0 to 10)

And here is how you add a condition to a command:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ggers-list&p=10731877&viewfull=1#post10731877