A few places in UI which would benefit from search fields

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

annulen

General
26 Badges
Jul 18, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
It's very convenient when very long lists can be filtered using search field, and EU4 has already a few: ladder, opinions list in diplomacy tab, message settings.

I suggest to add similar filters to the following places:
  • list of countries in message filter settings;
  • list of provinces in peace treaty view;
  • list of map modes (it would search in all categories and be helpful when player forgets in which category to look).
It would also be helpful to have country filter in log view at the bottom (to show only messages about particular country).

If any of these search fileds are added, please don't forget about having "Clear" button in them (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...n-to-all-input-boxes-used-for-search.1489050/)

Reactions:
Also, search filed could be used to find diplomatic actions.

When all categories are expanded, list is very long and takes more than 2 "pages" to scroll through, and collapsing categories back and forth is not convenient. I think such filter would improve its usability, as typing 2-3 letters is much faster than constantly scrolling it up and down.

Another such place is Ledger Index. I use a few tables very often, and it would be handy to have quick access to them. On the other hand, there are a lot of less used tables which usually just stand in the way when I need to access specific table, while in rare cases when they are needed I sometimes have to look through all categories because I don't remember exact their names and/or categories they belong to.

Reactions:
It would be useful to have similar filter inside "Country Modifiers" list (that huge list behind "+/-" button in Government tab). While it's sorted alphabetically, it takes several pages and it can be hard to find certain line if you don't remember what is the first word.

Reactions: