• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((Welcome Qwerty7! If you want to get up to speed I suggest you read the last few updates, as a lot has changed in the political arena in the last decade. Once again, welcome to the occasionally shady and always intense politics of "A Federation of 'Equals'!" :)))

((Welcome Qwerty7! If you want to get up to speed I suggest you read the last few updates, as a lot has changed in the political arena in the last decade. Once again, welcome to the occasionally shady and always intense politics of "A Federation of 'Equals'!" :)))
((Also the IRC chat is a good place to ask people question, good luck and have fun... http://www.coldfront.net/tiramisu/ Type:/join #FoE_Main))

I would like to announce that I am withdrawing from the Presidential Elections and that I, representing the Danubian Patriotic Union and the All-Danubian Conservative Party, have agreed to go into coalition with the Danubian Imperial Party for these coming Presidential Elections.

Nicolò Donato
First Consul of the Italian Republic
President of Cisalpina

Fabian balks at the words of the so-called republicans. Doing whatever they could to decry the otherside... Were these the people he was truly sided with, who his state had continually supported time and time again? He immediately called a meeting of the Hungarian parliament, to deal with calls of further peaceful expansion of Hungary and to set his state straight.

"Hello gentlemen. I am of course your President-Minister, since I am unopposed, I will be taking that mantle for the next four years. I wish to hear all your thoughts and such, I know many of you are of a different ideaology then me, moderate liberalism, the breach between the two storms, however, I know we can all work together. What do you think of the coming imperalism? It seems that a considerable number of people seem to agree with an monarchy.." he smiled, quietly "We hold the most monarchist in the country then any other state, does that mean we are inheritly monarchist? The other parties in Hungary hold a slight majority over the Imperial Hungarian party, however, that is only if all the other parties work together. As leader of the Constitutional Party in Hungary, I am inclined to hold the peace. We must work towards a solution on this matter. Else, Hungary herself will be torn apart in what I fear is coming in the next few years."

Krejčí takes his spot in front of the Congress again:

Mr. Rabinov, my feelings about Parliamentary republic are somewhat mixed, but I absolutely understand Mr. President's arguments favouring it. Lilic dictatorship showed that the abuse of power is a threat to all Danubia, and therefore Mr. President believes that the powers of our presidents should be reduced and split between other elected officials. It may not be an eternal guarantee of freedom, but we all hope that such a system would be able to stop another Lilic should he emerge. Also, I do not see why would such a form of government be less efficient than ours.

And as a two little side notes, I appreciate that Mr. Habsburg-Lorraine calls for rebuilding the country, even though I only heard him talk about some thrones or whatsoever. We may have not been calling for it, but we have been actually doing so ever since we got rid of that Serbian madman. And second, Lilic led a significant part of the conservative movement for a decent time, and that movement followed him. I fail to see why should I not call him like that aside from your fear of bad publicity which, truth to be told, is in my opinion well deserved.

Krejčí takes his spot in front of the Congress again:

Mr. Rabinov, my feelings about Parliamentary republic are somewhat mixed, but I absolutely understand Mr. President's arguments favouring it. Lilic dictatorship showed that the abuse of power is a threat to all Danubia, and therefore Mr. President believes that the powers of our presidents should be reduced and split between other elected officials. It may not be an eternal guarantee of freedom, but we all hope that such a system would be able to stop another Lilic should he emerge. Also, I do not see why would such a form of government be less efficient than ours.

And as a two little side notes, I appreciate that Mr. Habsburg-Lorraine calls for rebuilding the country, even though I only heard him talk about some thrones or whatsoever. We may have not been calling for it, but we have been actually doing so ever since we got rid of that Serbian madman. And second, Lilic led a significant part of the conservative movement for a decent time, and that movement followed him. I fail to see why should I not call him like that aside from your fear of bad publicity which, truth to be told, is in my opinion well deserved.
I agree, There should be more of an emphasis on the civil services being independent from the politics of Danubia, however the FBI has recently been brought under the heel of the government, by a man who they were trying to investigate! The President shouldn't be able to promote and appoint those in the police that favour him or vice versa, And I aim the deal with this issue shortly.

David Ibrahimovic.

((Ok - the deadline for new platforms has now been and gone, so I hope to update tomorrow.

In other, slightly related news, I wish to post notice that I plan to finish this iAAR in September due to leaving home and actually having to be sociable and whatnot in October. I have no idea what will happen in story between now and then, but I did want to make sure everyone was aware.))

Anti-Discrimination Proposal​

I. The Danubian Federation condemns all forms of discrimination based on race, language, religion, social or personal conditions. All Danubian citizens, and all those who are not Danubian citizens, possess an equal Human dignity and should not face unjust discrimination or the violation of their Basic Rights.

II. It is the duty of the Danubian Federation to fight these forms of discrimination through social, political and educational policies, and ensure the effective realization of true Equality before the Law.

((Ok - the deadline for new platforms has now been and gone, so I hope to update tomorrow.

In other, slightly related news, I wish to post notice that I plan to finish this iAAR in September due to leaving home and actually having to be sociable and whatnot in October. I have no idea what will happen in story between now and then, but I did want to make sure everyone was aware.))
The moderation team will work with you and your crew with any plan or hand-off if necessary. Just drop us a PM.

I've closed the thread to preemptively cut off any spam. If theAhawk (or if another member has permission from theAhawk) plans to resume the iAAR he only need PM one of the staff in order to get it open.

I'd actually like to take this moment to thank each and everyone person who contributed to this project. This was probably one of the best behaved iAARs in a long time, especially for one that went so long and had some very heated moments. So on behalf of the AAR staff, thank you for making our lives easier.

I look forward to what comes next.

Status
Not open for further replies.