• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not oppose the unification of Bessarabia with Romania, or the liberation of the Ukrainian State. However given the recent war, this will have to occur at a later date, as much as it pains me to say.

~ Conta din Bihor, Councilor Alexandru Vladimir Drăculeşti, Victor of the West

Yes, recent war and debt has caused quite a few issues in which only time can solve.

*Mykola Derevenko stands with yet another hastily written speech to the congress titled "With regards to the defense of this Federation" and he begins to speak*

The Danubian Federation, although possessing a large population, a large landmass, an abundance of natural resources and a soon to be sprawling colonial empire, overall lacks the means to defend this empire from predators who seek to steal what is and always will be rightfully Danubian. This is due to the fact that the Federation is surrounded on three sides by hostile states threatening the Federation. The French to the west, the Russians to the east and the nearly annihilated Ottoman Empire to the south. And although we have fought and defeated these enemies of the confederation many a time it has come at great cost... the cost of our brave young men who we so treasure greatly who were forced to sacrifice their lives for the greater good of the confederation. Therefore, in order to prevent such a large loss of life the next time the enemies of the confederation gather at our gates, I propose that we immediately begin the construction of 5 monitor class warships and the facilities in which to maintain them along with the increase of military infrastructure in the Austrian Alps bordering switzerland and the Carpathian mountains, this includes the creation of point defense systems in those areas (( level 3 forts )) and that we begin researching military statistics and steel breech loaded artillery. Now, in order to produce such infrastructure in a timely manner I propose that we open a contract with Krejčí,Wolff&Hartl Ltd. and allow the company's CEO David Krejčí to not only use his privately owned factories but allow him to oversee the production in state owned military production facilities, and allow the company to gain a monopoly on the raw resources in our colonies that are required in the making of such armaments.

- Mykola Derevenko

((Watch the double posting, it is not exactly allowed (or highly frowned on) try to not do it in the future.

Just a friendly PSA ^_^))

Meanwhile in the Silesian royal palace

This could become a disaster! Ukrainian nationalists asking for our support with out evidence and very loudly... Ugh we do not need another war with France and Russia right now. The nerve of that man what he asks forces the Federation to become the evil man of your, beating up everyone at the littlest whisper of land gain, it disgusts me. I fear that if we have another war all will be lost...

'Sir the King will see you know.'

'Thank you.'

Leopold stands up and walks into the Kings study.

'Ah Herr Von Tirpitz, I wanted to discuss something with you.'

'What did you want to talk about, Your Majesty?'

'The Ukrainian fellow, calling for war. I want to know the strength of the State Militia and the Federal Army.'

Leopold clears his throat

'Well Your Majesty our State Miltia is seeing a lower enrolment rate these last few years to about 50,000 or so Militiaman. I think that the resolution of our states right or government has lowered the drive to join the Militia. Another big factor is the frequent wars with a full mobilization, the people would prefer to avoid being mobilized it seems. The RSG forces stay around 100 and mostly for protecting yourself and the member of parliament. Now the Federal army numbers a massive 500,000 or so troops stationed around the Federal Borders, with about 390,000 men available in the reserves.'

'Russia and France can easily out match our strength, while Russia is a little slow on the technology department they have a simple massive number of troops. France on the other hand is very frightening easily exceeding our standing army with there reserves. Another war would mean yet another Russia occupation of the north and eastern Federal lands, including Silesia and the Russia brutality in occupying Silesia is something I wish to avoid again.'

'I very much agree Your Majesty, I have been doing my best to convince everyone that this is a reall bad idea but, it seems everyone already agrees. Now the only problem remains is he keeps agitating for war...'

'Yes, this is potentially a very big problem Herr Von Tirpitz if war seems imminent don't hesitate to raise the Militia and use them in the southern front.'

'I won't forget Your Majesty'

with that Leopold walks out of the study.

War seems inevitable if this man keeps talking...

((No offence intended my character just really doesn't want another war.))

((The deadline for governmental orders will be tomorrow at 6pm GMT.))

Meanwhile in the Silesian royal palace

This could become a disaster! Ukrainian nationalists asking for our support with out evidence and very loudly... Ugh we do not need another war with France and Russia right now. The nerve of that man what he asks forces the Federation to become the evil man of your, beating up everyone at the littlest whisper of land gain, it disgusts me. I fear that if we have another war all will be lost...

((No offence intended my character just really doesn't want another war.))

The intention of the bill was for the creation of defensive positions, so that if France and Russia pursue an aggressive policy towards our nation we would be able to hold them off. It was not created with any aggressive intent in mind but simple for the defense of our nation, I also understand that heavy losses in the previous war and our current debt will but back any aggressive action for multiple years.

(( Also, I have never taken any offense from anything that you have said so far))

Last edited:
and that we begin researching military statistics and steel breech loaded artillery. Now, in order to produce such infrastructure in a timely manner I propose that we open a contract with Krejčí,Wolff&Hartl Ltd. and allow the company's CEO David Krejčí to not only use his privately owned factories but allow him to oversee the production in state owned military production facilities, and allow the company to gain a monopoly on the raw resources in our colonies that are required in the making of such armaments.

A very reasonable proposal indeed.

A technology to manufacture breech weapons is well known, but our factories need advanced machinery to manufacture them, unless you want your guns to explode when firing. Government should consider assisting the largest weapon producers in order to secure that our army can keep up with other armies.

The intention of the bill was for the creation of defensive positions, so that if France and Russia pursue an aggressive policy towards our nation we would be able to hold them off. It was not created with any aggressive intent in mind but simple for the defense of our nation, I also understand that heavy losses in the previous war and our current debt will but back any aggressive action for multiple years.

(( Also, I have never taken any offense from anything that you have said so far))

((That specific post was just a narrative between my character and the Silesian King so your response seems to imply you eased dropped :D. Unless you weren't replying to that then you can ignore me.))

Presidential Address to the Chamber of Deputies:
It is my belief that several actions need to be taken in order to deal with several issues. First, I believe we should set a limit on the number of Deputies. We have already over 400, and many more will make this Chamber almost unable to function. As such, I present the fallowing bill

Appointment Act of 1874:

Section 1:

The Chamber of Deputies shall have a maximum of 500 members. New members shall be added until this limit is reached.

Section 2:

Once this limit is reached, the 500 seats shall be distributed to the states proportional to their population as related to the other states.

Section 3:

Once a Census has been completed, the seats shall be redistributed. The voting districts shall also be redistricted by the guidelines set by the Constitution

Also, as has been pointed out, our Navy is in need of upgrading. As such, I present this bill:

Naval Reform Act of 1874:

Section 1:

The Red Star Fleet shall be modernized to Monitor-class ships

Section 2:

Modernization shall start with the smallest classes, and work up to the largest classes

Section 3:

The pace of modernization is to be set by what the Military budget can afford, and what is allocated to Naval Modernization in the aforementioned budget.

Section 4:
Ships will not be scuttled until their replacement has been commissioned
I hope this Congress will see the value of these bills, and work to pass them.
-Aetios Spiros
President of the Danubian Federation

Concerning the Naval Bill, you plan to replace the entirety of the navy with only Monitors ... is this correct?

~ Conta din Bihor, Councilor Alexandru Vladimir Drăculeşti, Victor of the West.

Concerning the Naval Bill, you plan to replace the entirety of the navy with only Monitors ... is this correct?

~ Conta din Bihor, Councilor Alexandru Vladimir Drăculeşti, Victor of the West.
No, this is a plan to modernize the Red Star Fleet, which is composed of only wooden sail vessels.

((That specific post was just a narrative between my character and the Silesian King so your response seems to imply you eased dropped :D. Unless you weren't replying to that then you can ignore me.))

(( well, there could always be a Ukrainian in the Silesian court that may be inclined to share the view that the people of the Ukraine deserved liberation. Also my statement was not a direct reply to your conversation with the king of Silesia which Mykola may or may not have heard, but it was more of a general rebuttal to those who do not support the creation of a defensive chain in the carpathians. ))

In regards to the naval reform act of 1874 I Mykola give this act my full endorsement, and believe that the Appointment act of 1874 is a requirement if our government is to work efficiently.

Last edited:
(( well, there could always be a Ukrainian in the Silesian court that may be inclined to share the view that the people of the Ukraine deserved liberation. Also my statement was not a direct reply to your conversation with the king of Silesia which Mykola may or may not have heard, but it was more of a general rebuttal to those who do not support the creation of a defensive chain in the carpathians. ))

In regards to the naval reform act of 1874 I Mykola give this act my full endorsement, and believe that the Appointment act of 1874 is a requirement if our government is to work efficiently.

((Alright thanks for the clarification you confused me by quoting my post I though you were directly replying to that.))

Now can someone inform those less naval minded on the exact difference between a monitor and ironclad?

- Colonel Leopold Von Tirpitz

This vagrant, er... Signore Derevenko, should be removed from these chambers. His warmongering doesn't serve this Federation, and although I sympathise with his anti-monarchist sentiments against the oppressive Tsar I don't believe that Danubian lives should be wasted on liberating foreign nations. And especially not Venetian lives.

~Gabriele Loredan,
Councillor for the Most Serene Republic of Venice

This vagrant, er... Signore Derevenko, should be removed from these chambers.

~Gabriele Loredan,
Councillor for the Most Serene Republic of Venice

Why I am no vagrant, I have a permanent residence, its just that I am wanted for treason in the country where the home is.

- Mykola Derevenko

Why I am no vagrant, I have a permanent residence, its just that I am wanted for treason in the country where the home is.

- Mykola Derevenko

Zoti Derevenko, your patriotism, endurance, and your cause are highly admirable and I sympathize with you, but this is quite simply a war weary nation. Our people have experienced the deep pains and even deeper loss at the hands of war. A war with any power, let alone the Russian Empire, would be simply inadvisable and costly especially at this point in time. I only wish we lived in a perfect world where we could indeed achieve independence for all the subjugated peoples, but sadly that is far from within our capabilities as a nation.

Pal Krasniki, Albanian Councillor

Last edited:
Zoti Derevenko, your patriotism, endurance, and your cause are highly admirable and I sympathize with you, but this is quite simply a war weary nation. Our people have experienced the deep pains and even deeper loss at the hands of war. A war with any power, let alone the Russian Empire, would be simply inadvisable and costly especially at this point in time. I only wish we lived in a perfect world where we could indeed achieve independence for all the subjugated peoples, but sadly that is far from within our capabilities as a nation.

Pal Krasniki, Albanian Councillor

Since word has gotten out as to my location and the fact that I would find it quite undesirable to be extradited back to Russia where I would be hanged, I would like to request Asylum in Albania.

Statement from the President's office:
I hereby request that Jan Jaromir take the office of Minister of Interior. He has served this Federation for along time, and deserves this promotion. I can only hope he accepts.
Aetios Sprios
President of the Danubian Federation

Status
Not open for further replies.