• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((Voting is closed I believe that all the applying states (with the notable of exception of Tunisia) achieved entry into the Federation. If the government want to give me any more instructions re military orders (which reminds me that I need to give you the status of the army), diplomatic, budgetary, colonial or anything else, now is the time to do it, or else I will just end up doing stuff.

Regarding reforms, there are significant groups calling for social refoms, iirc, but the Upper House IG is adamantly refusing to endose them, so I haven't really said anything about that... Technically, I don't think I have thus far been working on a requires UH approval to be enacted, since you are also the upper house, but I'm not going to chivy you along unless it would be possible anyway. The actual status is Trinket Minimum Wage, 12 Hour Working Day, No Saftey Regulations, Trinket Subsidies, No Pensions, Trinket Health Care, Acceptable School System.))

Army stuff [definately] this evening.))

The Federal Armed Forces, February 1874

tsjou.png

The Federal Army

LocationStrength (current)Strength (fully reinforced)InfantryGuardsEngineers CavalryArtilleryRegiments not reinforcingRegiments reinforcing slowly
Republican National Guard
1Republican National GuardEisenstadt57000570000922624
2Army of the ReserveBudapest24000240003011300
Total81000810003933924
Western Front
3Danubian Expeditionary ForcePola33000330008021001
46th Army (Italian Army of the Danube)Milan33000600008018322
Total660009300016039323
Northern Front
52nd Army (Army of Germany)Prague48000480008014313
63rd Army (Grand Army of the FederationPrzemysl48000480008014304
74th Army (Legion of the Danube)Ternopil45000450008013332
Total141000141000240311949
Southern Front
81st ArmyDubrovnik48000480008014311
95th ArmyGalati42000420008014100
107th ArmyResicabánya48000480008014301
11Albanian GuardTirana600060002000010
Total144000144000260312722
Mediterranean Front
12Tunisian Royal Guard, First DivisionIllizi218430001000000
13Tunisian Royal Guard, Second DivisionTindouf213630001000000
14Tunisian Royal Guard, Third DivisionTamanrasset216930001000000
15Cretan GuardChania600060002000001
16Cypriot GuardLimassol300030001000000
17Suez GuardSuez300030001000000
Total18489210007000001
GRAND TOTAL4504894800007691235281019

Standing Armies not in being: The Naval Guard

Republican National Guard Commander: Gen. A.P.T. Georgescu
Western Front Commander: Gen. A.V. Drăculeşti (Deputy: Lt. Gen. L. Kunze-Serbanescu)
Northern Front Commander: Gen. S. Revenjo*
Southern Front Commander: Gen. A.P.T. Georgescu (Deputy: Col. L. Von Tirpitz)
Mediterranean Front Commander: Civil administration
((NB, above commanders may be incorrect.))

Regiment limit: 170
Regiments raised: 160
Regiments which can be raised: 26
Regiments raised in a General Mobilisation: 130
Types of regiment which can be raised: Irregular, Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery, Engineer, Guard, Dragoon
Army technology researched: Point Defence System, Machine Guns, Iron Breech-loaded Artillery, Military Plans, Army Decision Making

rf7uj.png

The Federal Navy

LocationStrengthIroncladsMan'o'warsCommerce RaidersSteam Transports
aBlue Star FleetSuez34.7%16000
bWhite Star FleetVenice100%3000
cRed Star FleetMelilla95.8%01100
dAdriatic Protection FleetChania100%00170
eFederal Transport SquadronPola100%00017
GRAND TOTAL86.1%19111717

Types of ship which can be built: Clipper Transport, Frigate, Man'o'war, Steamer Transport, Commerce Raider, Ironclad, Monitor
Navy technology researched: Battleship Column Doctrine, Iron Steamers, Weapon Platforms, Alphabetic Flag Signaling, Naval Professionalism

rb4e.png

Last edited:
The Budget, February 1874

02tq.png

By order of the Ministry of War, a string of forts will be constructed along the Russian border. These defenses will be important for the national security of our nation in the years ahead of us.

- Laszlo Szekely, Minister of War

Mykola gives a speech at the city center in Lwow addressed to the Slavic people of the Federation;

Time and time again in history, there have been regimes so oppressive, so vile and evil in nature , so stagnant in reform, so unwilling to answer to the basic needs of its people, that even the most peace loving of man, even the most kind hearted of us must refuse to bow down to such a regime and must beat our plowshares into swords and make war upon the oppressor. This time has come in the Ukraine, for the Czarist regime has oppressed the Ukrainian people for long enough. They have destroyed our birth rights as free men to self determination, freedom of press and speech and have spilled our blood and burdened our brethren with unbearable, unspeakable terror and poverty, and now I say ENOUGH. NO LONGER shall the Czar and his pawns take away the rights of the Ukrainian, NO LONGER shall he kill all who speak up against his oppressive regime, NO LONGER shall he treat the people of the Ukraine like his slaves, and NO LONGER shall we allow him to keep one inch of Ukrainian soil to exploit. I say war, war for the Ukraine, war for the greater good, war for the freedom of my countrymen and it is a war that I shall have, even if I must fight my way to the Kremlin and kill Czar Alexander III alone.
So it is a choice that I give you, my Slavic countrymen and the people of this great federation of freedom. You must either help the people of the Ukraine fight for their freedom and fight for independence from their oppressor, or you may sit back, do nothing and help your Slavic countrymen remain oppressed and in chains, for if you do not help others fight for their freedom and liberation, than you yourselves are a puppet of the Reactionary.
This is why I Mykola Derevenko plea to you here, I plea that you, my fellow Slavs help us liberate the Ukraine from the clutches of the Czar, for all Slavs are equal in the eyes of god and no race of Slavs deserve to rule over another. LONG LIVE THE FEDERATION AND LONG LIVE THE UKRAINE!

Mykola gives a speech at the city center in Lwow addressed to the Slavic people of the Federation;

Time and time again in history, there have been regimes so oppressive, so vile and evil in nature , so stagnant in reform, so unwilling to answer to the basic needs of its people, that even the most peace loving of man, even the most kind hearted of us must refuse to bow down to such a regime and must beat our plowshares into swords and make war upon the oppressor. This time has come in the Ukraine, for the Czarist regime has oppressed the Ukrainian people for long enough. They have destroyed our birth rights as free men to self determination, freedom of press and speech and have spilled our blood and burdened our brethren with unbearable, unspeakable terror and poverty, and now I say ENOUGH. NO LONGER shall the Czar and his pawns take away the rights of the Ukrainian, NO LONGER shall he kill all who speak up against his oppressive regime, NO LONGER shall he treat the people of the Ukraine like his slaves, and NO LONGER shall we allow him to keep one inch of Ukrainian soil to exploit. I say war, war for the Ukraine, war for the greater good, war for the freedom of my countrymen and it is a war that I shall have, even if I must fight my way to the Kremlin and kill Czar Alexander III alone.
So it is a choice that I give you, my Slavic countrymen and the people of this great federation of freedom. You must either help the people of the Ukraine fight for their freedom and fight for independence from their oppressor, or you may sit back, do nothing and help your Slavic countrymen remain oppressed and in chains, for if you do not help others fight for their freedom and liberation, than you yourselves are a puppet of the Reactionary.
This is why I Mykola Derevenko plea to you here, I plea that you, my fellow Slavs help us liberate the Ukraine from the clutches of the Czar, for all Slavs are equal in the eyes of god and no race of Slavs deserve to rule over another. LONG LIVE THE FEDERATION AND LONG LIVE THE UKRAINE!

Sir, we just fought Russia. And to be honest, I'd rather not have another one.

- Snip - sometimes about Ukraine wanting Danubian intervention.

I cannot speak for all of the armed forces, nor all of the country but, an intervention in Ukraine would be a tactical insanity as well as being a very hard diplomatic and administrative feat. Fighting a war against Russia is a 50/50 chance at best and that's if Russia has no allies assist it, which is nearly an impossibility. Adittionally we would instantly make our country into a pariah and we would lofe trust of every multiethnic county in the world.

The biggest problem is if we win we will literally double the size of our nation land mass wise and nearly double it's population. This would immediately make Ukraine basically dictate what the Federation does which is too much power to give to one state.

- Colonel Leopold Von Tirpitz

The biggest problem is if we win we will literally double the size of our nation land mass wise and nearly double it's population. This would immediately make Ukraine basically dictate what the Federation does which is too much power to give to one state.

In order to solve such a problem, how about we put Bessarabia under the juristiction of Romania, make the Crimea and its Tatar minority its own state and give the Ukraine 1/2 of the Upper house seats that it should have in ratio to its population. Not only that but if the Ukraine is added into the Federation it would give the Federation and abundance of Coal and wheat which will feed our industry and the Ukraine's population will from then on make Russia no longer a threat. As for the military side of things, if we were to mobilize the masses and position our armies on the Galician border we would be able to throw nearly 870,000 men into the fray and would quickly overwhelm Russia and could take all the land required before they could even hope to have finished mobilizing.
And there should be no problem diplomatically justifying our actions as the masses of the Ukraine themselves call out for intervention in their struggle against their oppressor.

- Mykola Derevenko

In order to solve such a problem, how about we put Bessarabia under the juristiction of Romania, make the Crimea and its Tatar minority its own state and give the Ukraine 1/2 of the Upper house seats that it should have in ratio to its population. Not only that but if the Ukraine is added into the Federation it would give the Federation and abundance of Coal and wheat which will feed our industry and the Ukraine's population will from then on make Russia no longer a threat. As for the military side of things, if we were to mobilize the masses and position our armies on the Galician border we would be able to throw nearly 870,000 men into the fray and would quickly overwhelm Russia and could take all the land required before they could even hope to have finished mobilizing.

- Mykola Derevenko

It's is not democratic to have one state have less seats then others. Adding Besarabia to Romania also does little to fix the problem because while it make Ukraine smaller it makes the current largest state larger which still drastically undermines Danubian elections. I just don't see why Federal troops should sacrifice themselves to liberate lands that will serve only to add one super powerful state (that if lead by a charismatic man can bring the rest if the Federation to her knees). No I just cannot see how this would benefit us at all.

Leopold stops and thinks for a moment

Actually since our new constitution was passed Ukraine would be admitted as a Federal territory so, it would technically undermine the Federations parliament. Yet there's still the risk the Ukraine would want full statehood and we would parliament would approve it therefore going back to the root of the problem. I just don't for see Ukraine ever being able to join the Federation fully, Crimea possible Besarabia probably couldn't be stopped (Vlach nationalists...). Even with this less then ideal solution I still don't think it's a good idea, until there is definitive proof that Ukrainians are upset with Russia then our intervention is needless, besides Ukrainians are full citizens in Russia, why would they want to leave?

((Remember Ukrainian is an accepted culture in Russia.))

Sir, we just fought Russia. And to be honest, I'd rather not have another one.

When mobilized the Federation has 9/10ths of a million men, not including the nearly 78,000 more men that can be recruited and the forces of our Italian allies and the fact that we are much more advanced technologically. If we hit Russia fast enough and hard enough then they will be forced to capitulate before it gets drawn out into a long war of attrition.

And there should be no problem diplomatically justifying our actions as the masses of the Ukraine themselves call out for intervention in their struggle against their oppressor.

- Mykola Derevenko
With all due respect, I do believe we should not discuss what we would do with Ukraine at this time. First off, Ukraine is currently not part of the Danubian Federation and is still under the control of Russia. If Saint Petersburg were to hear of our plans, they could take this as plans for war, and act as such. This would cause a very embarrassing incident on the world stage, which would lead to more anti-Danubian sentiment within Europe.
-Aetios Sprios
President of the Danubian Federation

image001_thumb6.jpg

Do these people look like they're happy with their current regime? Do they look like they LOVE their government? or how about these Ukrainians?

peasants-russia.jpg

Do these shoeless, impoverished peasants look like they have not been oppressed by their government? Or how about these Ukrainians?

children_affected_by_famine_in_berdyansk_ukraine_-_1922.jpg%3Fw%3D812

Tell me, are these what the children of our society should look like? Do you want this to continue? because unless you help put and end to this you are part of the problem, and are equally part of the oppression. I do believe that there this is clear evidence that the people of the Ukraine are being exploited and oppressed by the Czars and the this needs to change. I was born in the Ukraine and have first hand seen the hardships suffered by my brethren can you say the same?

- Mykola Derevenko

I cannot imagine why we are even entertaining the idea of using Federal forces to 'liberate' the Ukraine. The massive loss of life from the last war with Russia should be enough to deter anyone from such thoughts. Now some firebrand seeks to convince us that the men of the Federation should be ripped from their homes and sent to die in the Carpathians so that his people can be free, ignoring the fact that we have not seen any significant unrest from the Ukrainian people. When he discusses the Ukraine's future in the Federation it is one where all other states would find themselves subject to the whims of the Ukrainian politicians, a position I am sure he would find for himself, as the instrument of their 'liberation'. I can only hope that President Spiros thinks of more than just potential embarrassment and puts an end to this line of thought entirely.

- Zenel I, King of the Albanians

With all due respect, I do believe we should not discuss what we would do with Ukraine at this time. First off, Ukraine is currently not part of the Danubian Federation and is still under the control of Russia. If Saint Petersburg were to hear of our plans, they could take this as plans for war, and act as such. This would cause a very embarrassing incident on the world stage, which would lead to more anti-Danubian sentiment within Europe.
-Aetios Sprios
President of the Danubian Federation

Well, arguably if anyone were to speak out at this convention they would be giving away state secrets and would be charged with treason and put to death so I do not believe that there is a high chance of that occuring but, I do believe that we should change this conversation to different topic, how about we talk about how you plan to pay off the 260,000 pound debt that is accumulating.

Well, arguably if anyone were to speak out at this convention they would be giving away state secrets and would be charged with treason and put to death so I do not believe that there is a high chance of that occuring but, I do believe that we should change this conversation to different topic, how about we talk about how you plan to pay off the 260,000 pound debt that is accumulating.
((Few things, one, this is probably taking place in a debate in Congress, or something like that, so it is public. Two, why you going after me with the debt?))

((Few things, one, this is probably taking place in a debate in Congress, or something like that, so it is public. Two, why you going after me with the debt?))
*looks around the room and notices that he is in the middle of a congress with a large number of civilians and decides to quickly change the subject*
So....... what are our current relations with the Qing, do you think that we should open up and embassy in their empire?

(( sorry I just assumed that the president of the confederation had control over the finances to some degree or was given some form of responsibility in regards to debt. ))

*looks around the room and notices that he is in the middle of a congress with a large number of civilians and decides to quickly change the subject*
So....... what are our current relations with the Qing, do you think that we should open up and embassy in their empire?

(( sorry I just assumed that the president of the confederation had control over the finances to some degree or was given some form of responsibility in regards to debt. ))
((I do believe as President of the Federation, I do control Finance, but the debt was accrued mainly in probably the Valenta Administration, so not my fault XD))

((I do believe as President of the Federation, I do control Finance, but the debt was accrued mainly in probably the Valenta Administration, so not my fault XD))

(( oh, okay ))

I would not oppose the unification of Bessarabia with Romania, or the liberation of the Ukrainian State. However given the recent war, this will have to occur at a later date, as much as it pains me to say.

~ Conta din Bihor, Councilor Alexandru Vladimir Drăculeşti, Victor of the West

"Danubian army needs modernisation before even considering another war... The progress in technology is faster than ever before and it's not only about the courage of your men or the abilities of your generals anymore... Industry and technological superiority are crucial for modern warfare, and especially the latter will be the deciding factor in future. Danubian engineers are indeed very capable, and our factories can offer high quality equipment for our army, no matter whether the army needs super heavy artillery with range and destructive power to effectively turn a city into a pile of ashes, or a light and reliable machine guns to slay the enemy infantry. Modernisation of our armed forces should be the priority if we want to avoid another disaster and possible loss of our freedom."

Later that day, Krejčí,Wolff&Hartl Ltd. offered its fortress artillery designs to the Ministry of War for the planned construction of the Carpathian defense line. After his speech, Councillor Krejčí had a brief discussion with his colleagues from FDP about the Ukrainian crisis, and was reported to say something similar to "I couldn't possibly care less about some Russian hellhole."

Status
Not open for further replies.