• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosza going uo to Gomulka and his soldiers.

"You have no right, leave these chambers immediately. Only the president can dissolve the Congress. If you're not acting on a direct Presidential Order I can only interpret this as a hostile seizure of government and high treason against the Danubian Federation".

More soldiers enter the chambers, they proceed to arrest the Hofburg Guards and release any Federal soldiers. They then stand at guard awaiting further orders.

If the Congress wants to attempt to defy the order to dissolve, then it shall be done by force. As martial law continues to have effect I hereby order the Republican National Guard to enter the capital of Vienna and to evict the stubborn members of this congress

~ Wojciech Gomułka, Minister of War

We are not defying a damn thing, you treasonous hooligan. Your orders exceed what authority you held -as we obviously cannot regard you as a legitimate minister- and we do not have to and I suspect will not follow them. I certainly am not going anywhere and you can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

-Joachim von Kirchberg, &c.

((Y'all know the drill.

Coup: Against))

Oh well, I guess it's time to come back to Venice...

The Conservatives and their demagogy have thrown our nation into chaos, they wanted to destabilize the government and they did it, unfortunately it seems that they also destabilized the Federation in the process.
I fear that only desperate measures can save us now...

- Giovanni Arpaio

Henrik looks at Gomulka.

Guards, arrest that man. Also send out a notice that the Austrian State Militia is hereby mobilized, with a local arrest warrant being placed on the head of the Minister of War for treason.

~ Henrik Kraus, Chancellor for Austria

((The Hofburg Guard were designed to protect against this sort of thing, as per the Hofburg Guard Act, so I doubt that they would suddenly surrender unilaterally.

Edit: Coup, Against))

And Revenjo sits in his dark cell, having no idea what is going on. Simply taking a nap.

More soldiers enter the chambers, they proceed to arrest the Hofburg Guards and release any Federal soldiers. They then stand at guard awaiting further orders.

If the Congress wants to attempt to defy the order to dissolve, then it shall be done by force. As martial law continues to have effect I hereby order the Republican National Guard to enter the capital of Vienna and to evict the stubborn members of this congress

So, our enlightened President has fired the great Feldmarschall Revenjo, who wanted to do his duty and protect the citizens of the Federation from the terrorist gangs. And then, instead of Poppa, he made his trusted advisor Gomulka his War Minister. And then this trusted advisor turned out to be a raving maniac, that wants to destroy our democracy. And now we are again on the verge of a civil war. And again only the irresponsible and traitorous radical administration is to blame. Congratulations, President, your personnel policy is just excellent.

Silesian Militia will protect the freedom of our state - and the freedom of the Federation. Any armed thug who crosses our border will be killed. We vow to fight to the last man. God save the King - and God save the Federation.

Coup: against

Silesia

- Graf Peter von der Pahlen, Deputy for Silesia, Commanding Officer of the Silesian Militia

Last edited:
Just as order was beginning to settle across the Federation, our military attempts to dissolve Congress and destroy our fragile nation. We must stand firm, for no democracy is worthy of that name if the military has more power than elected representatives.

Coup: Against

- Konstantinos Venizelos, Councillor for Crete

((If I am not already a member of the All-Danubian Conservative Party, could you add me to that group))

Delegates and representatives mostly ignore this pompous proclamation, and Hofburg Guards swiftly disarm and arrest those few Federal troops tasked with 'dissolving' the Congress

Concerning the proposed goals, I find them wholly unsuitable. While I approve of colonisation as the manifestation of the divine European viceroyalty over the savages of the earth; those territories that have been put forwards for consideration hardly fit the bill. The Balearics for example are civilised islands filled with Spaniards; and neither in need of Danubian civilisation as we have no need of them. God forbid, as they cannot be a colony they may demand statehood.

The Canaries are more suitable but I suspect they are also filled with Spaniards and I would very much like to avoid randomly annexing the civilised. I would instead recommend the annexation of Spanish Morocco (ie. Melilla) to give us another foothold on the African continent, civilise the savages, and even blockade the Straits if need be. Also whilst annexing the entire Philippine island-chain would be difficult and unrealistic it is my considered belief that annexing the large northernmost island of Luzon would be a considerable advancement of our interests and trade in the East and much more easily accessible now due to the Suez Canal.

Joachim von Kirchberg,
Councillor for Austria &c.

((Haha, no. Nice try Max. Also, the Balearics of part of the region of Catalonia in-game and cannot be added as a separate war-goal. Annexing or freeing the entire Philippines is absurdly difficult in regards to war-score and should not even be considered.))
((This was....very sudden and weird. What is going on lately? Also, I thought it was going to be modded in, after all, there was no way we could have demanded Moldavia to be part of us as a wargoal.)) I hereby withdraw my previous bill.

The Austrian State Milita is deployed across the state; securing key points for the Government. The clattering gait of militiamen could be heard echoing across Kongressplatz as they frantically tried to make sure everything important was safe and sealing the Hofburg so no-one else could get in. Meanwhile inside the complex Guards were roused from their stupor and sent sprinting across to the Congress building. Gunfire could soon be heard outside the chambers; and the putschist troops began to look nervous.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I request I be reinstated at my previous post to put a swift end to this matter. You can throw me back in prison when I'm done, cleaning this mess.

I'm a barking madman who wants to destroy democracy? I think I'm quite the contrary...I am the man trying to uphold democracy by keeping you bloodthirsty animals who would kill your own people from power...If I must die trying, so be it.

I'm a barking madman who wants to destroy democracy? I think I'm quite the contrary...I am the man trying to uphold democracy by keeping you bloodthirsty animals who would kill your own people from power...If I must die trying, so be it.

Then you shall die, thankfully. Last thing this Federation needs is more people following the suit of the DRB.

((You still in the Hofburg? It would be very awkward if you were.))

((Gomulka left to accompany the Republican National Guard which is encamped around Vienna. I still left Federal troops in the Hofburg.))

Then you shall die, thankfully. Last thing this Federation needs is more people following the suit of the DRB.

((You still in the Hofburg? It would be very awkward if you were.))

Oh, let's not be so harsh. Clearly this man has mental problems. I know of a Nuthouse in Pest where he would fit nicely. They do great research of the brain there, with such mundane tools as a simple hand drill.

I too support the reinstatement of Revenjo to his previous position. A brave a capable man like him would be the perfect leader for the defeat of this treacherous rebellion.

- Konstantinos Venizelos

Status
Not open for further replies.