• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having helped write the Danubian Junior Cadets Act, I give it my full support. This bill seeks to instill valuable skills, leadership, and a sense of community into our future- the youth. We must prepare our next generation of citizens for success by starting during early development. Children who would otherwise be on the streets doing, who knows what, can enjoy a place of safety and excitement. Nature is full of adventure and I believe we must reveal it.

- General Jovan Lilic

Last edited:
I support the cadet act, also popa how do you even know the other romanian states want to deal with the biggest political fiasco in the federation? Last time I checked they were staunchly conservative, I don't think they would like you replacing their monarchies with your 'free democracy'. Your actions have consequences, fighting Silesia was a bad idea.

I support the cadet act, also popa how do you even know the other romanian states want to deal with the biggest political fiasco in the federation? Last time I checked they were staunchly conservative, I don't think they would like you replacing their monarchies with your 'free democracy'. Your actions have consequences, fighting Silesia was a bad idea.
In case you forgot, monarchies are allowed to be admitted into the Federation, he only opposed establishing a monarchy within the Federation. I also support the Cadet Act.

80222.png

Dalla scrivania di Sua Eccellenza, il Maggiore Signore

Sua Eccellenza,
Felice Cornaro

Indirizzato a: Sua Eccellenza, Signore Vittorio Riccio, etc
Per quanto concerne: Assunzione di autorità durante le elezioni
Rivolto da: Il Palazzo Ducale, Lo Stato Serenissima​

Signore, Sua Eccellenza;

In light of the recent retirement of His Serenity the Doge, I am writing on behalf of the Consiglio Maggiore to ask whether you would consider the position of Vicedoge. As a caretaker for the Dogal throne in those times after a Doge has passed away, the position of Vicedoge is to assume the powers of representation normally vested in the position of Doge and to represent the state of Venezia.

As you, Signore, have represented the state of Venezia and her interests as a friend within the Federal Council for years without remuneration or any sort of rewards from the state; and you have time and time again stood up for the rights of the Venetian people when the entire Congress of the Federation, the Consiglio feels that you are the best candidate and invites you to serve. If you do agree to serve, your reign will last only as long as it takes to conclude elections and you will be able to delegate any responsibilities so that you can continue to serve Austria as it pleases you.

Humbly,
7DC8FBEE2AFC1F3A24CEFBCC66BDC4F8.png

His Excellency, the Signore Maggiore

A1FDE15F5E719726D9B5D6B2D1DDC7E7.png

Patrician of Venezia, Signore of the Consiglio, Councillor for Venezia

CBE8C8BB3EC8A8A7C23288BE783A2074.png

Patrician of Venezia, Podesta of Stavros

You do need to swear the promissione, however. It's very simple and you need merely raise your right hand if you do accept:

I Vittorio Riccio to solemnly swear and promise that I will defend, preserve, and uphold the values, customs, and laws of La Serenissima during my tenure of Vicedoge; so help me God.

((Calm down citizens, Kraus is a friendly dictator...))

Kraus looks stunned at the announcement, but slowly nods and rises from his seat. He raises his right and begins to speak.

I Vittorio Riccio do solemnly swear and promise that I will defend, preserve, and uphold the values, customs, and laws of La Serenissima during my tenure of Vicedoge; so help me God.

I want to make it clear to all in the Federal Council that I will not be neglecting my constituents in Austria, so I shall be delegating much of the day-to-day matters to the honourable Ducal Council of Venice. They have a much greater understanding on what Venice needs to operate on a daily basis. My term as Vicedoge shall hopefully be a peaceful one, as the decision of who the next Doge is to be is decided.

Long live Venice, and the Danubian Federation! God bless us all.

~ Victor Kraus, NH, COE, GCM, CD, PSM, Minister of Finance, Vicedoge of Venice

In case you forgot, monarchies are allowed to be admitted into the Federation, he only opposed establishing a monarchy within the Federation. I also support the Cadet Act.

You misunderstood me, Transylvania has no monarch, she does not want one, and will not have one. Moldavia and Wallachia will probably like to keep their kings, since the reports on my desk clearly say they do not want reform. There cannot be 2 governments in 1 state so they will be separate entities. I was merely reminding the council that the romanian states have very different views with Transylvania.

You misunderstood me, Transylvania has no monarch, she does not want one, and will not have one. Moldavia and Wallachia will probably like to keep their kings, since the reports on my desk clearly say they do not want reform. There cannot be 2 governments in 1 state so they will be separate entities. I was merely reminding the council that the romanian states have very different views with Transylvania.
I find it curious that the Regent of Silesia can speak with such accuracy for Transylvania....

Platform of the All-Danubian Conservative Party

8458667750_1717043b27_n.jpg

There are three things we wish for this blessed Federation to have. Three things, which will be our catch-cry for the Federal Elections and the years to come.

Peace! Autonomy! Prosperity!
These three things will return the Federation to a position of strength. We have suffered a decade of war, from the Revolutions to the Balkans, and neither our coffers nor our people can take it any longer. We need a change of leadership, and the All-Danubian Conservative Party can provide.

Economy
The A-DCP will encourage trade both within the Federation and with our allied states, but not to such an extent that our home industries stumble and falter. Interventionist and Protectionist approaches must be adopted for the next few years, as our still young industry has suffered in our war against the turks and among ourselves. We must actively encourage growth so as to re-stimulate our economy, and continue our efforts to build up a modern Federation for the future.

Military
Our military has been the source of envy for many of the powers of Europe, yet it is costing us a great deal to maintain at its full strength. We aim to lower the size of our military, so as to return some of our funds to our coffers. We will not be taking an anti-military approach and taking away our means to defend ourselves, however! We should maintain sufficient forces to patrol our borders, and to successfully wage a defensive war should we be attacked. Moderation is the key to military spending.

Foreign Policy
Under previous administrations our Foreign Policy often resolved around military matters, neglecting opportunities for us to make strategic diplomatic gains. We should not be engaging in any wars, but we will bring glory to this Federation by means mightier than the sword. Our focus will be to integrate the nations of southern Germany and elsewhere into our Federation, through economic and diplomatic means. We will remain vigilant and develop our relations with the nations in the West and the North.

Regionalism
This is to be the corner-stone of our party. The A-DCP supports the rights of the states’, and their autonomy within the Federation. The Federal Government should not seek to interfere beyond its current roles, and allow states to have the chance to settle their own internal issues, as they understand them better than any politician in Vienna ever could.

Pluralism
The government should not sunder the bond between Church and State with the coldness that some extremist parties wish. Rather a fair pluralistic policy of acceptance should be implemented. Regardless of whether they follow a Pope, a Patriarch or neither, they should be free to do so, rather than having the Federal Government interfere and weaken their Church or oppose their beliefs. There are many people within the Federation, with many different beliefs. An open, unbiased, mind must be maintained about such matters.

Battle of Crlijeni (1855)

The artillery battery had been thundering all night, relentlessly, and in a seemingly endless fashion. Pounding and turning the ground into rubble, these massive machines of death had become a regular rhythm to a veteran soldier, sometimes becoming another part of the environment around him. Even writing a letter, with the very ground shaking beneath, became another simple task to do in such conditions for a man of experience. Indeed, Alexander had only just noticed that the cannons had started again, as he scribbled away at a small slip of paper upon his desk.

To the honorable, General Alfons von der Tann,

Hopefully Herr Tann, at this hour you have received my report from earlier this week. I fear the rain has prolonged my messages to you, and in doing so, has endangered my position substantially. Perhaps, you will grant me time to explain.
The Turks have remained stubborn, as it seems they have across the campaign, retreating from their position earlier this week, to a small village about 20 miles south from your headquarters. My battalion encircled them earlier this morning, but they have dug in at a small village, only about a mile away from the mountains. They repulsed our initial attack with only 400 men, driving out my unit and forcing my to withdraw my men immediately. I fear the village has given them significant terrain advantages, despite our numerical and mechanical superiority. I cannot directly assault their position with my 900 men, as their defenses are carefully protected with a light, yet easily defensible forest.

As of this afternoon however, scouting reports suggest that the village has significant armaments stockpiles and a advanced armory hidden underneath several of the local homes. As a result, I deem it necessary to launch a second attempt at storming the village, despite the unfavorable weather and terrain. The artillery, though insignificant in quantity, has begun a barrage of the village, though I believe the guns are doing little to such a defender. If my attack fails, and I am forced to retreat a third side, I will be forced to request another detachment from the First Southern Army, assuming of course the defenders are not reinforced by a local Ottoman unit.

I shall send word as soon as possible,

Brigadier Alexander Kremvera.

Alexander rose from his chair, and quickly ushered over his attendant, a boy no older then 15. He trusted the letter into his hands and ordered him to deliver it as quickly as possible, before storming out into the muddy rain. Several pockets of soldiers were bundled up behind the large barricade, unable to sleep beside the massive guns. One of the artillery officers was bundled up besides his field gun, quietly humming something to himself. As Alexander approahced him, he rushed to his feet, courteously saluting his superior.

"Officer Reinsvad?," Alexander said, gripping his sabre on the left side of his waist.

"Yes sir." He replied carefully, closely maintaining eye contact.

"Aim the guns to the left side, hit a few trees while your at it, I'd like to clear a path for our infantry." The officer rushed off to the battery, yelling something in Croatian before scurrying off to shout out orders. In the mean time, Alexander hurried to his horse, quickly mounting and riding to the left flank of the camp, where the field officers were. He vaguely shouted out orders, calling his infantry officers to create order, and position their troops into standard marching formation. The Brigadier then scurried off to the other companies across the base, calling the army to prepare for a assault. As the cavalry slowly formed up into position, Alexander was joined by several fellow officers, lining up next to the Brigadier. Officer Ternzlas, a young Austrian officer, born of noble birth and title, galloped up to Alexander, who was tightly gripping onto his blade.

"Sir, may I ask you something?"

"Is it stupid?"

"No, sir."

"Then go ahead."

"Why have you ordered the weak left flank to be covered by all our artillery fire while ordering the right and the center to frontally assault? Surely the center will break before the left can get through."

"The center and the right are not assaulting frontally."

"But sir, are they too sit behind and watch the battle?"

"The center and the right are delaying, young Ternzlas. I want to give these amateurish Turks a elegant show of deception, before they most definitely crumble. That will be all, officer."

Finally, the trumpets of war beat their deathly tunes, and the pounding of guns was silenced by a thundering of feet. Indeed, the left slowly marched up the hill, guarded by a heavy barrage of artillery. The infantry made their way up, holding their line formation carefully, before finally erupting a series of shots upon the hill in the distance. As the left flank became covered in smoke, the right remained static, with many of the officers becoming uneasy. The left side was under a terrific wave of shot and shell, with Danubian men slowly making their way up the hill. Suddenly, in the distance, the Turkish flag shifted from the center to the right, the perfect opportunity for the officer.

"I fancy myself a gallop this evening, Foward!"

Upon that call, the center and the right broke formation and rushed up the hill in a glorious spectacle of cheers. Alexander inched forward, step by step, until finally, he had broken into a full charge, racing up the hill. Trotting over rocks and barriers, Alexander rushed into the heart of the engagement, pushing closer to the foolish Turks who he had had so simply deceived. Finally, the crackling of the guns emerged from the village, flying a current of bullets upon the charging crowd. In the distance, he could see Turks kneeling, firing in groups upon the running soldiers, who firmly were gripping their rifles to themselves, as if it were their own life-force. Alexander followed, reaching for his old handgun and thrusting his horse onwards, faster and faster, until he ignited the flame of his weapon upon the rising cloud of smoke.

He rushed his hand to the sheath, ripping out his sabre and continuing his charge onwards. The ground slowly grew flatter, and after a brief moment, he found himself behind a line of Danubian Regulars, reorganizing to fire a volley. The blast lit, and the regiment disappeared into smoke, forcing the cavalry to rush to the center, where it became clear hand-to-hand fighting had begun. The horses regained momentum, trotting towards the Turkish fighters, who they collided with. Alexander swung his sabre, dripping with anxiety, colliding his blade with a Turkish bayonet. The soldier was no older then twenty, with dark skin and fair brown eyes. He probably was a farmer's son, drafted into the army in the call of honor. But bearing no ill-will to the men of the north. The boy had slipped to his knees, blocking the Bohemians sabre once more, before succumbing to the ground. Alexander, without time to contemplate, drifted down his blade once more, catching it cleanly between the boys eyes.

Alexander hurried around, distracted as the young Turk collided with the dirt. For a brief moment, Alexander quickly became terrified, mesmerized by the cruelty he perceived to have embodied. A bullet swung by the Brigadier's horse, forcing the officer to spin around again before re-gaining his conscious, rushing off with the cavalry as they regrouped. Turkish rifles began to fire upon the cavalry, who had repaired their broken line, rushing off around a small stream, bringing them in a forested area. Alexander raced along side the banks of the stream, watching the two sides exchange volleys atop the treeline. Stragglers raced around the hill, rushing into the thick of the battle as shells erupted around the area.

Once again, the Turkish flag re-appeared in sight, only a couple hundred meters away. The remaining cavalry raced up the hill, avoiding the volleys as they exploded around the infantry lines, which had deteriorated into small pockets of firing groups. The tide of battle was unclear, but it looked dim from the forest. Nonetheless, Alexander raced on, trailed by 47 fellow cavalry men, until they reached the left side of the battle.

Across the field, scores of dead had littered the hill, with craters and broken artillery pieces scattered around. The Danubian Regulars were slowly withdrawing, covering their retreat with continuous sets of volleys, still covered by a pounding artillery unit. Alexander galloped to the nearest infantry officer, ordering his side to orderly withdraw, but pull the Turks off of the hill at any costs. With that, Alexander commanded his officers to summon several nearby Infantry regiments, and march them to their current position, between the center and the left. The officers hurried off, leaving the Bohemian to fend for himself. Alexander scurried off back down the streamline, rallying forward routing soldiers back into their positions, who were slowly beginning to force the Ottoman lines back.

He exploded several more guns shots from his antique pepper-box, while scrambling for artillery support. As the center line stabilized, the officers returned with 100 regulars, most of whom had been lost across the battlefield. The regulars pushed west, towards the left flank, just along the slope-edge of the hill. As the regulars emerged from the tree line, they were met with a frightening sight. The Ottoman soldiers had counter-attacked the retreating left flank off of the hill, forcing them further back. As this was a sorrowing sight for the common-soldiers, it was the perfect opportunity for Alexander. With the hill now undefended on the left, Alexander ordered the regimental officers to immediately engage the pursuing Turkish force, while he swung around with his cavalry atop the hill summit.

Charging up the hill, the Turks quickly realized that they were becoming enveloped on the left flank. Quickly, they spread out the lines, and re-directed fire at the cavalry, which had now successfully seized the hill top. Alexander prepared for another charge down the hill, but his cavalry was met with a string of Ottoman volleys. As the bullets soared, many men fell to the ground, and indeed, like the force of a wave, a bullet struck the young officer, right in the shoulder.

But as Alexander collapsed to the floor in agony, dragged off by comrades, he pleasantly watched the left-flank counter-attack, and tear down the Turkish flag, smiling all the way...

Last edited:
I find it curious that the Regent of Silesia can speak with such accuracy for Transylvania....

I only say what I hear. From the opposition Transylvania gave me for trying to give my people what they want I only assumed that they did not want a monarch. If the embrace it for the good of their romanian brothers I will change my views, but right now I think Transylvania is going to stay with their president.

Kraus looks stunned at the announcement, but slowly nods and rises from his seat. He raises his right and begins to speak.

I Vittorio Riccio do solemnly swear and promise that I will defend, preserve, and uphold the values, customs, and laws of La Serenissima during my tenure of Vicedoge; so help me God.

I want to make it clear to all in the Federal Council that I will not be neglecting my constituents in Austria, so I shall be delegating much of the day-to-day matters to the honourable Ducal Council of Venice. They have a much greater understanding on what Venice needs to operate on a daily basis. My term as Vicedoge shall hopefully be a peaceful one, as the decision of who the next Doge is to be is decided.

Long live Venice, and the Danubian Federation! God bless us all.

I congratulate you Signore Vittorio on your appointment. Hopefully your tenure is fruitful and peaceful.

To the "Regent", Wallachia and Moldova are principalities. They have Princes, not kings. The current princes of both Wallachia and Moldova are both servile kurr ((sp?)) to the Turkish Sultan. What makes you know the wishes and ideals of a hostile nation's people, who are of different raising and ethnicity? You should not speak so ignorantly. I will also remind you of the Romanian majority of Transylvania.

I also support the Cadet Act. This will have a poitive benifit for our children and our children's children.

I congratulate you Signore Vittorio on your appointment. Hopefully your tenure is fruitful and peaceful.

To the "Regent", Wallachia and Moldova are principalities. They have Princes, not kings. The current princes of both Wallachia and Moldova are both servile kurr ((sp?)) to the Turkish Sultan. What makes you know the wishes and ideals of a hostile nation's people, who are of different raising and ethnicity? You should not speak so ignorantly. I will also remind you of the Romanian majority of Transylvania.

I also support the Cadet Act. This will have a poitive benifit for our children and our children's children.

Thank you Councillor Popa. I must say that while Councillor Herman's statement may lack elegance he is correct. The Principalities of Moldovia and Wallachia both have traditionally have a monarch occupy their head of state, and missives we have recieved from the Monarchs' have indicated they wish to be free of the Turkish yoke. If those states wish to maintain their monarchies, yet wish to become part of a new 'Romanian' state, will you acknowledge the two states' desire? Would you let Romania have a monarch?

I only say what I hear. From the opposition Transylvania gave me for trying to give my people what they want I only assumed that they did not want a monarch. If the embrace it for the good of their romanian brothers I will change my views, but right now I think Transylvania is going to stay with their president.
It is entirely possible for a compromise to be reached. May I suggest that Romania be divided up into three sub-divisions, and then having a parliament rule over them all, with the Princes continuing to rule in those lands? They would continue to maintain jurisdiction in those lands, as long as they respected the constitution of the Federation, acted democratically, etc.

I myself prefer grand duke, but none the less. Oh they are hostile now? I am just saying what I see, if you can convince them to abandon their traditions then so be it! I was merely stating that I do not think you know them as much as you think you do. We do not even know if they are willing to join the federation... Let us wait and see what comes from this war.

EDIT: I see that as a reasonable solution Obradovic, if the Romanians are fine with it.

It is entirely possible for a compromise to be reached. May I suggest that Romania be divided up into three sub-divisions, and then having a parliament rule over them all, with the Princes continuing to rule in those lands? They would continue to maintain jurisdiction in those lands, as long as they respected the constitution of the Federation, acted democratically, etc.

So... Essentially a Federation in a Federation? Seems fair enough I suppose. But all of this is just speculation until we can accurratley gauge whether the states wish to be admitted to the Federation, or into a new Romanian state.

I am fully accepting of Councillor Obradovic's suggestion

What would you do if the two states agree to form a Romanian state, but want to have it presided over by a monarch? Would you be supportive of their wishes? Since both states have monarchies in place, this doesn't seem like a too far-fetched issue. Not to mention the problems Silesia has faced could make them hesitant about joining the Federation altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.