• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer both of you, I believe that there should be a disbursement of Federal infrastructure, industrial, social, etc. funds to the new states from the Ottoman Empire. They have often been left in a state of neglect by the Turks, and have not had the benefits of Federal spending or markets, and should be compensated for that, both as a matter of principle and to help them to catch up with the rest of the Federation. This should involve a mix of Urban and Rural spending, through railways for better access to markets, to machinery subsidies, industrial development, etc.

The Germanies are united under Prussian hegemony, and that is that. The south Germans in our Federation are safe. The Italian state, as well as the Italian identity, is one that is forced. However the Romanian homeland is not forced. The Vlachs have always been divided by the Austrian Emperors, the Turkish Sultans or the Russian Tsars. Now, under this multi-cultural union can we finally unite together as a single, and united, Vlach state. Excluding the special situation of Transylvania of course.

Then why doesn't the Radical Union help the farmers, but instead seeks to harm the Pioneers of Industry? The Radical Union only aids those who work in factories. In any case, would you mind answering my question about the need for Romania? It seems to be a rather pressing matter, as Strauss's trial seems to have halted for whatever reason.

Well Councillor Popa if you believe there was a single Vlach culture it is long since gone for the reasons you listed. The Moldovians and Wallachians are culturally different from the Transylvanians. There is no 'Vlach' culture anymore. I am afraid it is naught but a theory rather than reality.

~ Victor Kraus, NH, COE, GCM, CD, PSM, Minister of Finance

Not to be rude Herr popa but, why does it make sense to lump what will be the three weakest economies in the federation together? I feel this would likely cause this 'romania' to go quickly into debt having to provide for 2 million with a weak economy and since it would go into debt it would strain the rest of the federation. As it is the wealthy states can only carry so much burden what your proposing I fear will break the delicate balance that our economy is. Need I remind you the last economic figures shown are a steady negative income.

- Erwin von Tirpitz

Then why doesn't the Radical Union help the farmers, but instead seeks to harm the Pioneers of Industry? The Radical Union only aids those who work in factories. In any case, would you mind answering my question about the need for Romania? It seems to be a rather pressing matter, as Strauss's trial seems to have halted for whatever reason.

The Radical Union seeks to help all workers, urban and rural. However, the amount of aid we can give to farmers is limited, as they tend to be spread out, and do not tend to have a representative employer within their area, thus limiting the scope for unions. Meanwhile, we spread railroads and telegraphs to help support urban and rural alike. The Radical Union also helps to deal with the growing problems of urbanization, including slums and exploitation. Your party, on the other hand, seems to care nothing for either category of workers, but only seek to set them on each other to dominate both. For instance, would you support a minimum wage for farm workers? Our party would have introduced such legislation long ago, but we know it would never pass. ((And be wayyyy ahead of its time in social reform)) As for Romania, if the people wish to consolidate into their own state, so be it. I am neither in favour of it nor opposed to it, I support what the people wish as long as it does not harm others. The ethnic minorities will still be protected by Transylvania's laws, and the Romanians can feel they have a national homeland while still enjoying the Federation.

The Radical Union seeks to help all workers, urban and rural. However, the amount of aid we can give to farmers is limited, as they tend to be spread out, and do not tend to have a representative employer within their area, thus limiting the scope for unions. Meanwhile, we spread railroads and telegraphs to help support urban and rural alike. The Radical Union also helps to deal with the growing problems of urbanization, including slums and exploitation. Your party, on the other hand, seems to care nothing for either category of workers, but only seek to set them on each other to dominate both. For instance, would you support a minimum wage for farm workers? Our party would have introduced such legislation long ago, but we know it would never pass. ((And be wayyyy ahead of its time in social reform)) As for Romania, if the people wish to consolidate into their own state, so be it. I am neither in favour of it nor opposed to it, I support what the people wish as long as it does not harm others. The ethnic minorities will still be protected by Transylvania's laws, and the Romanians can feel they have a national homeland while still enjoying the Federation.

Councillor it has been established why we cannot make a minimum wage. The Industry of the Federation is fragile, and many could not support having an arbitrary line drawn at how much they would have to pay their workers. Industry would fail, people would be forced out onto the streets to starve and the entire economy would collapse. Very few companies could support to have a level of quality, that my industries do. The idea is simply unfeasible.

Allowing romanian pan-nationalism is a bad precedent. What is too stop lombardy and venice making a pan-italian state? Or schlesien bohemia and austria forming a pan-german state? Or schlesien and galicia forming a pan-polish state? You see the problems this would cause! Even worse is it would make the people think im from romania, not im from the federation, and with that line of thinking whats to stop sucessions?

- Erwin von Tirpitz

I take no offense, it is the truth. The history of the Vlachs is one of division by stronger powers. It is simply a suggestion for the upcoming referendum. Concerning your earlier statement that Vlach policies would take the fore over the minorities of Transylvania is well-thought, but missplaced. The set up of a Romanian state would allow the Transylvanian province ((the state of the state)) to keep it's current multicultural bills, congress and traditions.
I'm afraid I cannot share your optimism, though I wish Transylvania the best.

The Radical Union seeks to help all workers, urban and rural. However, the amount of aid we can give to farmers is limited, as they tend to be spread out, and do not tend to have a representative employer within their area, thus limiting the scope for unions. Meanwhile, we spread railroads and telegraphs to help support urban and rural alike. The Radical Union also helps to deal with the growing problems of urbanization, including slums and exploitation. Your party, on the other hand, seems to care nothing for either category of workers, but only seek to set them on each other to dominate both. For instance, would you support a minimum wage for farm workers? Our party would have introduced such legislation long ago, but we know it would never pass. ((And be wayyyy ahead of its time in social reform))
A minimum wage for farmers ? What is this madness ? They are free and exploit their land as they please, they don't have anybody above them to pay them a salary and neither should they. We didn't abolish serfdom to have our citizens become slaves to the government! As for you saying we don't care about either miners or farmers, I invite you to check again. Who created the Ministry of Agriculture which a radical chairman so quickly dismissed ? Check the bills we have proposed over the years, and see how wrong you are. The radicals however, have only shown any attention to industrial workers.

I must also remind you two that if we unite the three weakest economies, they will strongest together. A Romanian state would overtake the state of Carnolia in terms of economic power. This will also unite the agricultural hinderlands of the Federation, allowing proper administration of the farms that are ubiqitous in the South East.

((Would anyone be opposed to me writing a couple of battle scenes down in the Balkans to spice up the war a bit, as the fighting itself seems to be a topic of little concern in the chambers. I just thought it might be a interesting change of pace...nothing unrealistic of course.))

((Would anyone be opposed to me writing a couple of battle scenes down in the Balkans to spice up the war a bit, as the fighting itself seems to be a topic of little concern in the chambers. I just thought it might be a interesting change of pace...nothing unrealistic of course.))
((Go ahead, I would love to read that.))

I must also remind you two that if we unite the three weakest economies, they will strongest together. A Romanian state would overtake the state of Carnolia in terms of economic power. This will also unite the agricultural hinderlands of the Federation, allowing proper administration of the farms that are ubiqitous in the South East.

So by putting weak economies in direct competition with each other, you think they'll suddenly get richer? And there is little increasce in administrative efficency as we would have to go through the tangled bureacracy of a bloated Romanian state, that will have different ethnic groups and areas of administration. If we incorporate the states into the Federation as seperate entities, then we will be able to increasce efficency as we can directly go through already existing administrative areas.

I'm afraid I cannot share your optimism, though I wish Transylvania the best.

A minimum wage for farmers ? What is this madness ? They are free and exploit their land as they please, they don't have above them anybody to pay them a salary and neither should they. We didn't abolish serfdom to have our citizens become slave to the government. As for you saying we don't care about either miners or farmers, I invite you to check again. Who created the Ministry of Agriculture which a radical chairman so quickly dismissed ? Check the bills we have proposed over the years, and see how wrong you are. The radicals however, have only shown any attention to industrial workers.
I was talking about the tenant farmers, and it was only an example of how more than one party can care about farmers, but in different ways. I personally support the Ministry of Agriculture, and in fact would expand it to help with the mechanization and modernization of our farmland. It was a Radical, me in fact, who proposed the abolition of the serfs to begin with, so stop accusing me of only caring about industrial workers. In case you haven't looked outside your window lately, Croatia is a rural state, and I support all of its workers, urban and rural.

Councillor it has been established why we cannot make a minimum wage. The Industry of the Federation is fragile, and many could not support having an arbitrary line drawn at how much they would have to pay their workers. Industry would fail, people would be forced out onto the streets to starve and the entire economy would collapse. Very few companies could support to have a level of quality, that my industries do. The idea is simply unfeasible.

It has not been established, established would be backed up with actual facts, not your mere conjectures. Your fearmongering only shows just how much you are afraid of the workers having any real power and how much you value profits over people.

I was talking about the tenant farmers, and it was only an example of how more than one party can care about farmers, but in different ways. I personally support the Ministry of Agriculture, and in fact would expand it to help with the mechanization and modernization of our farmland. It was a Radical, me in fact, who proposed the abolition of the serfs to begin with, so stop accusing me of only caring about industrial workers. In case you haven't looked outside your window lately, Croatia is a rural state, and I support all of its workers, urban and rural.

It has not been established, established would be backed up with actual facts, not your mere conjectures. Your fearmongering only shows just how much you are afraid of the workers having any real power and how much you value profits over people.

Re-read the Council minitues. The economy of this Federation is in no shape to handle these radical kind of changes. You would see this industry of our beloved Federation hit rock bottom, and become the laughing stock of Europe.

So by putting weak economies in direct competition with each other, you think they'll suddenly get richer? And there is little increasce in administrative efficency as we would have to go through the tangled bureacracy of a bloated Romanian state, that will have different ethnic groups and areas of administration. If we incorporate the states into the Federation as seperate entities, then we will be able to increasce efficency as we can directly go through already existing administrative areas.

This is simple Signore Vittorio, the states will work together as a single front, as a single state. This way any and all monetary funds will be used for the benefit of the whole of Romania instead of it's divided constituent states.

Herr Tirpitz, one can be a many things at the same time. I am a Vlach, a Transylvanian, and a proud member of this Federation. Just because I am a Vlach does not mean I do not respect and am prideful of Transylvania and the Federation. Just because I am a Transylvanian does not mean I will sell out the Federation to forward the interests of my state. Just because I am a member of this Federation does not mean I do not listen to my constituents.

Everything requires balance my colleagues.

This is simple Signore Vittorio, the states will work together as a single front, as a single state. This way any and all monetary funds will be used for the benefit of the whole of Romania instead of it's divided constituent states.

Herr Tirpitz, one can be a many things at the same time. I am a Vlach, a Transylvanian, and a proud member of this Federation. Just because I am a Vlach does not mean I do not respect and am prideful of Transylvania and the Federation. Just because I am a Transylvanian does not mean I will sell out the Federation to forward the interests of my state. Just because I am a member of this Federation does not mean I do not listen to my constituents.

Everything requires balance my colleagues.

Kraus sighs.

Would you stop calling me Vittorio? That is my name in Venetian. Not German, which we are speaking right now. If you really wish to speak Venetian please apply it to everyone. And yes it is possible to be many things, but you are no Vlach. There has been no Vlach culture since before the Byzantines fell. You are attempting to revive a dead culture, that no-one realtes to. It would be like me trying to claim that all people of the Federation should harken back to the Huns, because they once lived in this area.

In any case the Incorporation of Liberated Peoples Act will resolve this question. The states themselves have full rights to decide whether they want to become part of Transylvania, or maintain their independence.

I simply ask that the option be included in the referendum that asks if the people want to join with Transylvania in order to become a united Romanian state. That is all.

I was talking with General Lilic earlier and he mentioned how disconcerting it is that the younger generations know very little about out doors skills. He found this out when new recruits didnt know how to start a fire in training, he mentioned to me how much effort is wasted and time, to train new soldiers in skills they alteady should have. So I propose his bill to make a national cadet organization, its completely voluntary so only thise whi want to learn will learn.

Danubian Junior Cadets

I. The federal government will provide funding for one Cadet Branch [Pack] for each state.

Ia. Each state may choose to further fund Regional Branches [Dens]. Cadet Branches may start fundraising and accept donations.
Ib. Dens will be lead by locally elected citizens. Den Leaders form a Council to form Pack leadership. Packs will appoint representatives to a Federal Branch [Order]
Ic. Leadership decides program directions and fund allocation.

II. Cadet Organizations will focus on teaching basic survival skills, such as starting a campfire, food preparation, and identifying animals and plants in nature.

III. Cadet Organizations will provide the following age divisions: Ages 5-8 [Pioneers], 9-12 [Scouts], and 13-18 [Cadets].

IIIa. Firearm safety and maintenance will be offered to the oldest age group. No Cadet will ever handle a firearm.

IV. Cadets Organizations will teach children discipline, national pride, organization, teamwork, and leadership in order to prepare the next generation of leaders.

IVa. Personal Achievement will be encouraged through "Merit" system. Badges and patches will be awarded for various reasons.

V. Cadet Programs are to be set around the standard school schedule, as not to interfere with any standardized schooling.

VI. Cadet Programs are completely optional.

VII. Cadet Programs will employ qualified military veterans first in order to provide experienced instructors and to benefit those who have served the Federation.

- Erwin von Tirpitz

Venezia supports the Cadet Act.

I am not really convinced that we need this bill on a Federal level, but since it is optional and promotes much good; I support the Cadet Act.

Status
Not open for further replies.