• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you've forgotten, Hungary was more than two million people as well, before Slovakia anyways, yet you were opposed to the creation of Slovakia. ((I think they are anyways, if not something close to that.))
I think not Councillor, unless you count Transylvania as part of Hungary. ((1.7mil at the beginning of the game.)) The precise figure doesn't matter much - a unified Romanian state would be enormous, simply put.
Also note that my fears of what an autonomous slovak state would bring were more than justified, as the recent Hungarian secession proved.

I think not Councillor, unless you count Transylvania as part of Hungary. ((1.7mil at the beginning of the game.)) The precise figure doesn't matter much - a unified Romanian state would be enormous, simply put.
Exactly, all I am pointing out is the hypocrisy of your position on this issue.

((Before I take a stance on the Wallachia/Moldovia issue, how do Presidential elections currently work (or how did they used to)))

((Before I take a stance on the Wallachia/Moldovia issue, how do Presidential elections currently work (or how did they used to)))

((I think its on the front page, but basically if a majority is a established in a state for one candidate then he gets their electoral votes. Liberals only won 1 they wont win again!))

Thank you deputy papp for agreeing with me that a romanian state would be huge.

This being said, should the will of all the peoples of Transylvania, Moldavia and Wallachia to unite be made clear through a referendum, I will not stop them, but merely express my worries about the consequences of such an action for our Federation.

((Each state gets a number of electoral college votes based on its population in the latest census. Whoever wins in that state gets those votes. It's based on the American system))
Hungary was also enormous indeed, yet I saw it as a necessity to avoid the carnage we have endured. As for hipocrisy, I don't believe the radicals have done any better recently.
Oh? How have we been hypocritical? Oh, so Hungary is a necessity but Romania is not? How interesting, I wonder how that will play out with the Romanian people. <Begins sketching posters decrying Papp as anti-Romanian>

The Romanian State will be large. But so would the united Croat-Bosniak state. The Hungarian and Czech states are also quite large. If it quells your fears, the Romanian state would be the least industrialized by a large margin

Oh? How have we been hypocritical? Oh, so Hungary is a necessity but Romania is not? How interesting, I wonder how that will play out with the Romanian people. <Begins sketching posters decrying Papp as anti-Romanian>
Do you really need me to tell you ? Does Silesia ring any bells ? Or perhaps Vogel would care to explain why equality stops being worth defending when it would bring the Austrians to the level of others ? Or how the radicals claim to be defending the workers when everything they do seems to only aim to put them out of a job ?
As for some kind of a Romanian resentment, if you think it is on the same level as what we have seen in Hungary, you are simply delusional. Spend less time in the city's cafés and more on the field, Obradovic.

The Romanian State will be large. But so would the united Croat-Bosniak state. The Hungarian and Czech states are also quite large. If it quells your fears, the Romanian state would be the least industrialized by a large margin
Actually, a reunited Croatia would only have around a million citizens, I am told. And the fact that the Romanian state would be the least industrialized does not quell my fears in the slightest.

*coughdemocracycough*

Venice,
The Danubian Federation

"How is he?"

The doctor grimaced; and shifted uneasily. "He's not going to make it. His breathing has shallowed and is only broken by coughing. I suggest that you notify the Consiglio of the impending election. Has he been given rites?" The servant nodded. "Very well then, God preserve him..."

The Doge coughed weakly as his vision faded, and gripped tighter at the crucifix clutched to his chest. His lips moved quietly in prayer. "Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Requiem..." A soft chuckle came from out of his ever-darkening field of vision. "Silvestro, mio dolce, this is not rest. It is merely the beginning."

Weeping with joy, Silvestro Barbarigo went to embrace his wife.

Lo Stato Serenissima di Venezia
---
Office of Public Relations

Sigori e Messrs,

It greatly pains this office to relate that His Serenity, the Most Serene Prince Silvestro Barbarigo, Doge of Venezia, passed away in his sleep this evening at the age of 86. His reign was one of landmark achievements and a time of unprecedented peace and prosperity in the history of Venezia; and it is the firm belief of this office that His Serenity has been rendered unto the arms of God.

The service will be private, family only.

In this time of transition, the Consiglio and the Ducal Council will assume the executive duties of the state as the election for the Doge is undertaken. A Vicedoge has not yet been appointed but the Council is considering all candidates. In these troublesome times it is important to remember the words of an angel to Mark, our patron and Evangelist:

Pax tibi Marce, evangelista meus. Hic requiescet corpus tuum.

As so as St Mark rests within the lagoon, so shall His Serenity.

Do you really need me to tell you ? Does Silesia ring any bells ? Or perhaps Vogel would care to explain why equality stops being worth defending when it would bring the Austrians to the level of others ? Or how the radicals claim to be defending the workers when everything they do seems to only aim to put them out of a job ?
As for some kind of a Romanian resentment, if you think it is on the same level as what we have seen in Hungary, you are simply delusional. Spend less time in the city's cafés and more on the field, Obradovic.

Actually, a reunited Croatia would only have around a million citizens, I am told. And the fact that the Romanian state would be the least industrialized does not quell my fears in the slightest.

Already claiming you can see into the future when it comes to economic policy are we? We strive to improve the conditions of the workers and maybe extend their life expectancy just a bit. Besides if you want to point fingers I'll remind you that much of the chaos in these last years were NOT committed by the Radicals.

Minister President Gabriel Soukup-Valenta

Already claiming you can see into the future when it comes to economic policy are we? We strive to improve the conditions of the workers and maybe extend their life expectancy just a bit. Besides if you want to point fingers I'll remind you that much of the chaos in these last years were NOT committed by the Radicals.
See into the future ? I'm only looking at what has been proposed, Deputy. As for radical chaos, how about the Vienna riots ? Or the recent coup, provoked by your colleague's obstruction and led by one of your sympathizers ?

Herr Papp, we not like each other much, but I respect you professionally. However I am quite vexed on how a united Romanian state, hopefully comprised of the provinces of Transylvania, Wallachia and Moldova, would be dangerous to the Federation.

I also send my condolences to the family of Doge Barbarigo, to the Consiglio, and to the people of Venice.

I have heard nonsense about a Romanian state to be formed? What madness is this? Pan-nationalism is nothing but dangerous, just look at Prussia's attempts to create a German state or Sardinia-Piedmont's desire to create an Italian state. The forceful creation of an artifical entity to dominate different people with lies of them sharing a common culture is nonsense, and dare I say it, tyranical. Why on Earth would this 'Romania' need to formed? The Wallachians and Moldovians already have states to represent them, so why they would need to be absorbed into a renamed Transylvania is beyond me.

~ Victor Kraus, NH, COE, GCM, CD, PSM, Minister of Finance

Herr Papp, we not like each other much, but I respect you professionally. However I am quite vexed on how a united Romanian state, hopefully comprised of the provinces of Transylvania, Wallachia and Moldova, would be dangerous to the Federation.
Dangerous is too strong a word. Ill-advised perhaps. I don't think lumping together states with different histories and, no offense, the worst economies in our Federation is necessarily a good idea, that's all.

Venice,
The Danubian Federation

"How is he?"

The doctor grimaced; and shifted uneasily. "He's not going to make it. His breathing has shallowed and is only broken by coughing. I suggest that you notify the Consiglio of the impending election. Has he been given rites?" The servant nodded. "Very well then, God preserve him..."

The Doge coughed weakly as his vision faded, and gripped tighter at the crucifix clutched to his chest. His lips moved quietly in prayer. "Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Requiem..." A soft chuckle came from out of his ever-darkening field of vision. "Silvestro, mio dolce, this is not rest. It is merely the beginning."

Weeping with joy, Silvestro Barbarigo went to embrace his wife.
I would like to send my condolences to the people of Venice for the passing of the Doge. While I may not have agreed with his policies, or his positions, or a lot of things he has done, but I still send my best wishes to his family and his suppoters.

See into the future ? I'm only looking at what has been proposed, Deputy. As for radical chaos, how about the Vienna riots ? Or the recent coup, provoked by your colleague's obstruction and led by one of your sympathizers ?
In case you've forgotten, the coup was caused because of your party's Minister of War and the coalition. Don't try to pin on the Radicals what we had nothing to do with. The Vienna riots were caused by actions out of the control of the Radical Party. Or have you forgotten the actions of the Venetians? What we have proposed is to help the working and middle classes, the actual engines of the economy. Your "job-creating" capitalists build and manage the factories, but they're not the ones who run the machines or buy the goods.

In case you've forgotten, the coup was caused because of your party's Minister of War and the coalition. Don't try to pin on the Radicals what we had nothing to do with. The Vienna riots were caused by actions out of the control of the Radical Party. Or have you forgotten the actions of the Venetians? What we have proposed is to help the working and middle classes, the actual engines of the economy. Your "job-creating" capitalists build and manage the factories, but they're not the ones who run the machines or buy the goods.

I also send my condolences to Venice. It is a sad day for them and the Federation.

Yes yes, and we could argue that it was the Radical Masaryk who started the Coup with his declaration of revolt. We will never see eye to eye here so lets just drop the topic. How are you planning on helping the farmers or miners though? You have let them to rot and ignored the majority of the workforce of this Federation.

Dangerous is too strong a word. Ill-advised perhaps. I don't think lumping together states with different histories and, no offense, the worst economies in our Federation is necessarily a good idea, that's all.

I also send my condolences to Venice. It is a sad day for them and the Federation.

Yes yes, and we could argue that it was the Radical Masaryk who started the Coup with his declaration of revolt. We will never see eye to eye here so lets just drop the topic. How are you planning on helping the farmers or miners though? You have let them to rot and ignored the majority of the workforce of this Federation.

To answer both of you, I believe that there should be a disbursement of Federal infrastructure, industrial, social, etc. funds to the new states from the Ottoman Empire. They have often been left in a state of neglect by the Turks, and have not had the benefits of Federal spending or markets, and should be compensated for that, both as a matter of principle and to help them to catch up with the rest of the Federation. This should involve a mix of Urban and Rural spending, through railways for better access to markets, to machinery subsidies, industrial development, etc.

I take no offense, it is the truth. The history of the Vlachs is one of division by stronger powers. It is simply a suggestion for the upcoming referendum. Concerning your earlier statement that Vlach policies would take the fore over the minorities of Transylvania is well-thought, but missplaced. The set up of a Romanian state would allow the Transylvanian province ((the state of the state)) to keep it's current multicultural bills, congress and traditions.

I have heard nonsense about a Romanian state to be formed? What madness is this? Pan-nationalism is nothing but dangerous, just look at Prussia's attempts to create a German state or Sardinia-Piedmont's desire to create an Italian state. The forceful creation of an artifical entity to dominate different people with lies of them sharing a common culture is nonsense, and dare I say it, tyranical. Why on Earth would this 'Romania' need to formed? The Wallachians and Moldovians already have states to represent them, so why they would need to be absorbed into a renamed Transylvania is beyond me.

The Germanies are united under Prussian hegemony, and that is that. The south Germans in our Federation are safe. The Italian state, as well as the Italian identity, is one that is forced. However the Romanian homeland is not forced. The Vlachs have always been divided by the Austrian Emperors, the Turkish Sultans or the Russian Tsars. Now, under this multi-cultural union can we finally unite together as a single, and united, Vlach state. Excluding the special situation of Transylvania of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.