• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And so De Palma dies his well-deserved traitor's death, but his manifesto, I must say, is an interesting one. Of course he is, or was, a hypocrite through and through, since he did as much to bind Italy to the Federation as anyone else. Indeed, I would say that the problem in Italy is one of Cisalpine imperialism sparked by Italian pan-nationalism. Furthermore, I cannot buy into the philosophy that the Federation is inherently some sort of imperialistic monster at its heart, a philosophy that is largely conjured up by traitors as an excuse to secede. However, I must agree that imperialism is a serious problem as it relates to both Italy and to Africa, and I mean to use my position as Junior Minister for Colonial Affairs to bring about some much-needed reform.

However, at the moment there are clearly much more urgent concerns facing the Federation. The reactionary disease has broken out in an epidemic, and the reactionary traitors have proven once again that they cannot exist in our democracy and that they will never be able to accept it. Now they and all their brainwashed cronies have risen up to tear down that democracy and replace it with a new dictatorship or, God forbid, a monarchy. We must not allow that. The reactionaries have proven Faber right. The reactionary disease must be cured, once and for all.

((Perhaps we should clone Keperry and send the clones to fight the reactionaries :p))

Some of the more bored deputies start throwing balls of paper at Mendel, seeing who can hit him in the eye.

The Sergeant-at-Arms removes the problematic deputies from the chamber.

He had arrived like a thief in the night; the chaos that had reigned in Vienna since the downfall of Lilic had made it easy for him to enter undetected. He supposed that this intrigue and these hidden movements were unnecessary; after all, he wasn’t born here, and it was unlikely anyone would recognise him. Still, he thought it wiser to act with a bit of caution, something these ‘presidents’ seemed not to be aware of, since it was quite apparent their terms were getting drastically shorter and each one was suffering a far worse death than the previous.

His musings stopped as he rode past Schönbrunn Palace and saw the wreckage the Revolution had brought to it, he nearly wept; he had never seen it truly, no, but he had seen paintings and drawings and heard tales from his father. The burnt, empty husk, with nary a worker around to repair it, seemed to be a horrific caricature of this Federation, which teetered ever closer to collapse.

He dismounted his horse and slowly approached the palace, which to his shock was unguarded; his first, uneasy step through the grand doorway into the entrance hall was almost timid… he was surrounded by ghosts… his uncle had died here… his father had been born here.

Name: Franz Ferdinand von Hapsburg-Lorraine
Date of Birth: 18 December 1863
Place of Birth: Germany
Culture: South German
Position: Rightful Emperor of the Austrian Empire
Bio: Born fifteen years after the traitors deposed the Emperor, and some eleven years after the death of Franz Joseph, the heir apparent, the throne passed to his brother, Franz Ferdinand’s father, Karl Ludwig; he knew living in this vile Federation would likely be a death sentence, so he fled to Germany where the Hohenzollern Emperor treated him well enough; after the chaos of the mid-1880s erupted, he passed his claim to the throne to his young son, now by right Emperor Franz Ferdinand.

The Sergeant-at-Arms removes the problematic deputies from the chamber.

Different, equally bored, deputies begin to try to play cups, into which a ball of twine 'accidentally' lands into Mendel's cup.

He had arrived like a thief in the night; the chaos that had reigned in Vienna since the downfall of Lilic had made it easy for him to enter undetected. He supposed that this intrigue and these hidden movements were unnecessary; after all, he wasn’t born here, and it was unlikely anyone would recognise him. Still, he thought it wiser to act with a bit of caution, something these ‘presidents’ seemed not to be aware of, since it was quite apparent their terms were getting drastically shorter and each one was suffering a far worse death than the previous.

His musings stopped as he rode past Schönbrunn Palace and saw the wreckage the Revolution had brought to it, he nearly wept; he had never seen it truly, no, but he had seen paintings and drawings and heard tales from his father. The burnt, empty husk, with nary a worker around to repair it, seemed to be a horrific caricature of this Federation, which teetered ever closer to collapse.

He dismounted his horse and slowly approached the palace, which to his shock was unguarded; his first, uneasy step through the grand doorway into the entrance hall was almost timid… he was surrounded by ghosts… his uncle had died here… his father had been born here.

Bio: Born fifteen years after the traitors deposed the Emperor, and some eleven years after the death of Franz Joseph, the heir apparent, the throne passed to his brother, Franz Ferdinand’s father, Karl Ludwig; he knew living in this vile Federation would likely be a death sentence, so he fled to Germany where the Hohenzollern Emperor treated him well enough; after the chaos of the mid-1880s erupted, he passed his claim to the throne to his young son, now by right Emperor Franz Ferdinand.

((this would be so much better if he got shot driving down Vienna. It would be better if the shooter was a Serb XD))

The Military: July 1885

tsjou.png

The Federal Army

LocationStrength (current)Strength (fully reinforced)InfantryGuardsEngineers CavalryArtilleryRegiments not reinforcingRegiments reinforcing slowly
3rd ArmyPrague, Bohemia28051330005014105
21st ArmyOppeln, Silesia39985720002731036
22nd ArmyLvov, Galicia44338450002520005
4th ArmyCernauti, Lodomeria29122300003013304
6th ArmySzatmar, Hungary37547420002117301
2nd ArmyBudapest, Hungary24042270004004104
Cypriot GuardUdine, Cisalpina343378400088613113
9th ArmyGenoa, Italy867090000200101
5th ArmyTurin, Italy18211210002004103
15th ArmyRome, Italy17323180002400004
7th ArmySassari, Italy20710210005000201
1st ArmyVlore, Albania41830420005323114
8th ArmyBayda, Oman24000240003311003
Army of AfricaBaidoa, Somaliland780007800017000081
Suez GuardTunis, Tunisia18000180002010321
33rd ArmyNicosia, Cyprus892490000200112
Total47309057300062351828201658

Regiment limit: 273
Regiments raised: 191
Regiments which can be raised in Africa: 21
Regiments which can be raised in Asia: 3
Regiments which can be raised in Europe: 68
Regiments raised in a General Mobilisation: 155
Types of regiment which can be raised: Irregular, Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery, Engineer, Guard, Dragoon, Cuirassier
Army technology researched: Point Defence System, Machine Guns, Steel Breech-loaded Artillery, Military Statistics, Army Risk Management

rf7uj.png

The Federal Navy

LocationStrengthMonitorsCruisersIroncladsCommerce RaidersSteam Transports
6th FleetDubrovnik, Illyria100%017000
Federal Transport SquadronNicosia, Cyprus100%000037
1st FleetSuez, Suez100%02726170
Red Star FleetMelilla, Melilla100%10026000
GRAND TOTAL10010070261737

Types of ship which can be built: Clipper Transport, Frigate, Man'o'war, Steamer Transport, Commerce Raider, Ironclad, Monitor, Cruiser
Navy technology researched: Raider Group Doctrine, Steel Steamers, Weapon Platforms, Alphabetic Flag Signaling, Naval Professionalism

[/FONT]

Your Majesty,

Please meet me at the enclosed address. I believe we have some important matters to discuss about the future of Danubia and the salvation of the German people.

Your friend,

Eric von Rumous

((You want him to meet a fetus?))

((I think that is a bit generous... given nearly a decade; more like a twinkle in his daddy's eye))

The palace was less damaged than expected; it seemed only the main hall had suffered extensive damage. When he heard the sound of footsteps, the would-be Emperor silently made his way back to his horse.

((there you go Somberg; the Palace has people in it... mainly you... ya wankah))

THE GERMANO-HUNGARIAN MANIFESTO

Our dear founder was correct about many things, but he did have some shortcomings. One of these was his inability to see Hungarians as the equal partners to the German people as they truly are. Recent science has proven that Hungarian genetic stock is equal in value to German and Germano-Serb stock.

The German Brotherhood Party calls on all Hungarians to join its ranks in order for us to restore the rightful place of Germans and Magyars as masters of Europe.

I would strongly suggest that Mr. Von Rumpus and his fellow members of the GBP, Ilija Lilic and his fellow members of the DPU, Franz Ferdinand, and all other leaders, members, and associates of the rebellion be detained immediately for all cases in which it is possible. Unfortunately many of the traitors will have already escaped our reach by now, so it is our duty to meet them with strong, cold, democratic, revolutionary, Danubian steel.

I would strongly suggest that Mr. Von Rumpus and his fellow members of the GBP, Ilija Lilic and his fellow members of the DPU, Franz Ferdinand, and all other leaders, members, and associates of the rebellion be detained immediately for all cases in which it is possible. Unfortunately many of the traitors will have already escaped our reach by now, so it is our duty to meet them with strong, cold, democratic, revolutionary, Danubian steel.

Neither Ilija Lilic nor His Imperial and Royal Majesty (Herr von Hapsburg-Lorraine, if you will) have actually sided with the rebellion or broken the law in any way...

-a Silesian deputy

THE GERMANO-HUNGARIAN MANIFESTO

Our dear founder was correct about many things, but he did have some shortcomings. One of these was his inability to see Hungarians as the equal partners to the German people as they truly are. Recent science has proven that Hungarian genetic stock is equal in value to German and Germano-Serb stock.

The German Brotherhood Party calls on all Hungarians to join its ranks in order for us to restore the rightful place of Germans and Magyars as masters of Europe.

As a Hungarian, I find your statements absolutely horrid, and therefor refuse in no uncertain terms any overtures from your 'party'.

S5Tw62B.png

The Sergeant-At-Arms continues to try and remove deputies, almost becoming a sort of game of political cat and mouse.

Neither Ilija Lilic nor His Imperial and Royal Majesty (Herr von Hapsburg-Lorraine, if you will) have actually sided with the rebellion or broken the law in any way...

-a Silesian deputy

And we are to believe this statement from a man who calls that traitor and enemy of democracy "His Imperial Majesty?" Herr von Hapsburg is not fit to shine my shoes, let alone shower with anti-Republican titles.

- Valentyn Sikorsky

Agostino rises within the Cisalpinian state chambers and begins speaking

"Gentlemen, we need to address an important issue that faces all of us. This issue is the object of the Italian State, puppet to the Federation. Now this needs to be addressed now! No longer should we stand by as others dictate to us, no longer should we be just some state while Bohemia, Austria and Romania of all places gain greater respect and admiration on a state and federal level.

I motion that the state of Cisalpinia and Italy be merged into a single state that will benefit all Italians. We are the Italians, we are founding fathers of this Federation and of this nation. Today, we should stand together and stand strong!

((I'm still wondering how people know Franz Ferdinand is even in the Federation right now :p

Also, AVANTI ITALIA!))

Agostino rises within the Cisalpinian state chambers and begins speaking

"Gentlemen, we need to address an important issue that faces all of us. This issue is the object of the Italian State, puppet to the Federation. Now this needs to be addressed now! No longer should we stand by as others dictate to us, no longer should we be just some state while Bohemia, Austria and Romania of all places gain greater respect and admiration on a state and federal level.

I motion that the state of Cisalpinia and Italy be merged into a single state that will benefit all Italians. We are the Italians, we are founding fathers of this Federation and of this nation. Today, we should stand together and stand strong!

A random Deputy stands up.

Italians? You people can't even understand each other, let alone call yourself Italians.

It is peculiar that some select fellows believe it logical to on one hand preach, quite loudly, the virtues of democracy whilst simultaneously calling for the repression of peaceful opposition unaffiliated with any sort of rebellion. I would love to hear Herr Mendel's justification for my arrest, beyond that of my surname, of which seems paramount to a crime to certain radicals.

- Ilija LIlic

I have not joined any rebellion, I have merely expressed my sympathies for the rebels.

Status
Not open for further replies.