• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here's the religious mapmode of europe
Picture1-9.png

Thanks Demokratickid

sorry for no update yesterday

Savoy: May 1623 to 1643​

Not too much happened in the first couple of years, i sent a spy and gained a core on a Ceylon province, then attacked
Picture1-10.png

My peace agreement, my first Indian province, but surely not the last

During the war a new king arose, his diplo skill not as good as the first Vittrio Amedeo yet his admin and military skill is great.
Picture2-10.png

I decided to do a little clean house, ending the Malinese reign
Picture3-9.png

Picture4-9.png

A new centre of trade for the Savoy merchants to exploit since i cant get a merchant to stick anywhere else
Picture7-8.png

Ceylon natives were on my new island and Dues Vult, god willed it for them to get the hell out
Picture8-8.png

Picture9-8.png

Looks pretty in pink (great move :D )

Now to set up my base in Greater India i move against the powerhouse Viyajanger...who cares, they were gonna go down
Picture10-8.png

12% warscore nets me 48% worth of territories, as i gain my base in India, next war i wont be so generous
Picture11-7.png

The disgraceful Songhai, i said last update they would not get out easy for a fourth time, i remember their declaration of war three times, and it was time they payed with all but their capitol
Picture12-6.png

Picture13-6.png

a new centre of trade, yay

the Final screen, Savoy the greatest military power in the World, i was the greatest navy too until i lost 20 ships to those Indians
Picture14-5.png

Savoy Update

May 1643 to September 1663​

I was very unsure what i wanted to do during these 20 years, but shortly into it i was presented an opportunity, one that gave me the largest war i have yet to see, i waged a war against three countries on the Eastern European front.
These were my enemies.
Picture1-11.png

My regiments consisted of 20,000 men each, and i believe i had 7, maybe 8...I sent 3 regiments to Bohemia, 1 to Poland and 4 to Hungry. Bohemia was the first country i wanted to defeat, and within 6 months, though they had 5 of my counties under control i had all but their capitol They agreed to my peace
Picture2-11.png

The war, in its midst, as the Savoyardians fight the Poles and Hungarians, it appears the enemy is no match for the might of Savoy
Picture3-10.png

Hungry submits to peace next, leaving the Poles the only enemy still standing
Picture4-10.png

The Savoyardians grew sick of war and while the Poles still clung to half of their territories, the Average king of Vittirio Amedeo the II, who had just risen to power after his father died after 20 years of rule. Amedeo II allowed them peace.
Picture5-9.png

V. Amedeo II grew tired of the Bavarians, centred in his land, so he decided to cleanse them from his Empire, and with his luck the Bavarians were allied with the Hungarians. War came, and Bavaria fell within days.
Picture7-9.png

Hungry, still reeling from the previous war was in no match to fight against 100 thousand Savoyardians, their armies were crushed and their country overrun in a matter of months
Picture8-9.png

Songhai had lasted too long, and had been too much of an annoyance, so they were cleansed
Picture10-9.png

Brittany was foolish enough to declare war, but they were too much of a cost to conquer, so i allowed them a peace giving land to my vassals
Picture11-8.png

Burgundy, 85k strong, majority calvary attacked saxony, and i came to its aid, i sent 100 thousand troops to the burgundian borders
Picture12-7.png

The burgundians were formidable and the savoyardians lost two battles, the first in many years, yet within a year V. Amedeo II had gained 4 provinces. Another light peace, yet the BB was extremely high already.
Picture13-7.png

The Viya Indians had 60 thousand standing at my Indian stronghold, but soon i was presented with a less strenuous option, the rich Swahili.
Picture14-6.png

As our guns tore the natives to pieces, the Swahili submitted to my peace offering. The Savoyardians now gained a foothold for further conquests.

Another update comes tomorrow, so tune in, more conquests of the swahili, viyavanjar, and European nations

Savoy Update

September 1663 to May 1683​

Viyajanjer decides that the Savoyardians, are unwelcome, and begin the assault on my territory, not the best decision for the king of Vijaynadre
Picture1-12.png

Within a couple of years, All of India that Viya controlled was in Savoy's hands and they agreed to peace, making the Savoyardian's claim on India stronger
Picture2-12.png

V. Amedeo II passed away early, and was succeeded by Ludo III, equally incompetent as Ludo II, especially in Savoy standards.
Picture3-11.png

My french allies attack Burgundy for the 3rd or 4th time, and burgundy has somewhat recovered, carrying 85 thousand soldiers...yet the combined 500 thousand of french and savoy was too much and much of their nation was under our control. They ceded more provinces to Savoy
Picture4-11.png

Oyo and Karem Bornu declared war on Savoy, unhappy with our presence in Africa, all three nations soon met the fate of full annexation within only a few months.
Picture5-10.png

Picture6-9.png

A new king arises, ah much more acute to Savoy's standards, he will lead his nation well...i know
Picture7-10.png

I found that the Ottoman's were just sitting there, and as Muslim's i felt it was my duty to take by the Byzantine Empire, considering my ancestors once controlled it.
Picture8-10.png

120 thousand Savoyardians poured into Ottoman's lands, my ancestors lands, and the New king conquered every Ottoman province, Their Sultans came and begged me for peace, and soon i received half of my dues.
Picture9-9.png

Odd, i had the Italy formed about 150 plus years ago, I saved it so Savoy or Italy will be in the next update, lemme know if you want The Pink Empire to conquer the world or the Green Monster (original names have never been a strong point for me)
Picture10-10.png

Another war with the Burgundians, immediately following the Otto war, will Savoy conquer more or will the decline like their Roman ancestors...Who Knows

Last edited:
Nice to see you've formed Italy, it's seems nothing can stop you now

Brittany owns Florida

I hope not Capi, i am a bit worried about my manpower, only 100k and i have 250k troops...Also i only have 150 years till game ends, im not sure i can pull off a WC with behemoths like France, Castile, and a few others...especially considering i can only gain probably 5 provinces tops every peace

Any suggestions from here would be great

You are quite big as well now, try taking any colonies that are not cities yet, that should weaken them a little, after that, take some provinces and try vassalizing them and diploannex them at the end, otherwise, you could leave as well until the end, when you are big enough to take them without problem

Capi-Thanks for the advice i ll have to do some of that, Navarra has a good amount of territories in northwest america, and i may be able to take Creek and Shawnee

Throne-I was close to rejecting it, i was growing on the pink empire...Thanks a lot i am glad you like it

Ok, i am off to hit the 16th century, so i ll post in probably 2 hours or so

Savoy Update, I mean Italy Update now

May 1683 to May 1703​

Well during the twenty years, Italy was in almost constant war gaining territory and BB(last i checked it was 85 or so) The only screens are of peace since their were too many wars.

My war with burgundy picked up from last update ended in another conquest, further shrinking the Burgundy empire
Picture1-14.png

My first Italian born king, though he must have come from the Savoy region, and he left quite an impression
Picture2-14.png

Another war with the Swahili infidels, known for its epic battle where 8000 Italian Gallop Calvary defeated 18000 Swahili soldiers. After a third of their army was devastated, the Swahili quickly accepted peace
Picture3-13.png

Cosimo the Great then decided to expand his North America colonies warring against the Natives
Picture5-11.png

Cosimo continued his expansion in the East, declaring was on the natives of India, once again successfully driving them out of their homeland, for the Italians needed new homes for their growing population
Picture6-10.png

India's other holder, the timurids, declared war on Cosimo soon after his conquest, thus throwing India into another war. Though the Timurids threw 50 thousand troops at The Italians, they were no match for our guns, and thousands of timurids fell by the day. They were no match and soon realized their mistake.
Picture8-11.png

The Cherokee declared their independence from the British, and Cosimo decided to once again eliminate them from the world.
Picture9-10.png

The Ottomans and their allies attacked the small province of Crete, and the Italians had to defend them, Peace included the annexation of Bulgaria, and the Ottomans losing 3 provinces and giving up all their claims.
Picture10-11.png

Naxo's declares war and gets annexed in 10 days
Picture11-10.png

Another war with the Swahili's and their armies were once again decimated by my generals
Picture12-8.png

Brittany keeps delaring war, as they have been overshadowed by the strongest army in the world, and they felt the complete wrath of that army, and gave in to that army within a couple of months
Picture13-8.png

The timurids declare another war, this time more organized sending 5 regiments with over 15k against my 40 thousand, however they were unprepared with their tactics, losing thousands during both shock and fire while the Italian's were losing 100-300. Cosimo gave an easy peace, needing to have peace awhile to calm the nation
Picture14-7.png

Alright, this is my last update until Monday, as i have to go out of town and wont be able to access my computer. My faithful readers keep faithful for a couple days, maybe give my thread a boost if need be. hope this update is enough to tide you over. I think my updates from now on are going to focus on the actual battles, as territories and wars are plentiful now, what i need is a 100 tradition general, halfway there now and just decimate enemies

Anyway see ya Mon.

Italy Update, im going to do 10 years each update now, as since im pretty much in constant war and that takes more time up...i know i said the pictures would change a bit, but i lied this update since i forgot till now.

May 1704 to May 1714​

Burgundy attacks Mecklenburg, and Cosimo goes to their aid in order to cripple the burgundians further, chip away, chip away. Our armies rarely meet on the battlefield, when we did the Italians crushed the burgundians, but it was mostly a war of sieges.
Picture1-15.png

The Timurid's declare war again, they rarely last a day on the battlefield, unless they outnumber my troops, yet the battle ends with them losing about 14 soldiers to each 1 of mine. The only reason the victory is slowed is Cosimo only has 60 thousand in India and Timurid Empire has 80-100
Picture2-15.png

the 1 province Creek attacks, and falls successfully wiping out every Native North American nation except the Iroquis
Picture3-14.png

A regency, Cosimo will go down as one of the greatest King's the Savoy-Italy Empire has ever seen
Picture4-14.png

The once mightly swahili are cut down to 3 provinces, soon they will extinct
Picture5-12.png

The second Italian King is a much lesser individual, but with so much war great generals have come to Italy's aid, the greatest a Sforza
Picture6-12.png

Another war with the Timurids, and this time with great men leading, peace comes very soon with little work, one battle ended 20 thousand timurids while only 2 thousand Italian's fell
Picture7-12.png

Update Tomorrow, i plan to cut into the Timurids and Viya further and prepare for a large scale long war against a powerful European nation