• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rtyos said:
yea i am about to update, so i will do it after that...How do you do the screen that shows the whole world and the colors flashing and everything, really small map of the world
You need "In Nomine". The second expansion to EU III

If you have it, then hit F12 for the world map, and Shift F12 for human countries and vassals.

Savoy Update, and i have got to say this was a good choice for an AAR as its been my most eventful game i have ever had

May 1543 to May 1563​

Alsace and Baden were both sitting in the middle of my growing empire and i wanted to absorb them into The Pink, and my advisor gave me the shot...i took the -3 stab then declared war and gained the stab back...good deal i say for 3 provinces (eventually)
Picture1-4.png

Here is the war overview, i would say that Alsace and their side is just a bit overmatched...but those are just my thoughts.
Picture2-5.png

Baden falls in 13 days and i think vassal is unnecessary so Baden is now Savoy province #50ish
Picture3-4.png

Anhalt was taken by the Wurt so i received a needed 50 ducats and of course their vassalization
Picture4-4.png

Alsace final goes as 45k were besieging it, roar, and that war was short and profitable...BB took a spike but only to 17 or so.
Picture5-4.png

Ah i took a pic of the BB situation, no danger i think
Picture6-4.png

I got a new idea in 1551 and as i said in the previous post DV it was, i dont like the Malinese
Picture7-4.png

New King, another good one, Savoy has some good drinking water or something, i have had the best kings in this game by a long shot compared to any other
Picture8-4.png

The Savoy-Mali war...Mali in trouble before it started, the only bad thing is those dirty french are going to snag some of my hard earned provinces.
Picture9-4.png

Mali was begging for peace by the time i sent it, unfortunately as you can see those greedy french took 2 provinces that should have been mine, but at least i got the shiny gold
Picture10-4.png

EMPEROR, i lost it later, but am scheduled to get it back next time the Saxony king dies...
Picture11-3.png

Another new king, first time in 5 that he had any one stat under 6, obviously a lover and talker rather than fighter, hey with all my vassals it works
Picture12-2.png

Pride and Joy of my 20 years this roundabout, it was likely chance and o so sweet were the results, next update i may try an annexation, which would closely double my Empire, i hope it works soon because they have a big gift package.
Picture13-2.png

2nd king to die in only 4 years, natural causes and hey...i get another Savoy King blessed by god, freaking fantastic
Picture14-2.png

My last image failed, obviously to go along with each of my updates having one image failed. I attempted to annex my three vassals (third time around), Wurt=yes Anhalt=yes, Ansbach=no...i ll take it. Austria is only a few years a way.

Next update tomorrow, maybe a bit earlier...To answer your question Ahuman(old) the colonial ventures are few and far between Castille and France are all over the place, but the Aztecs are untouched i believe...same cant be said for Mayan and Zapotec though. I have 3 colonist en route to the provinces bordering Aztec/Creek since England has been slow to colonize (50 year war with france maybe)

The State of the World, most of it at least in 1563 (i was mistaken, Aztecs are pretty much gone :( ) My main Europe picture is a bit out of wack, but nothing really is different to the west cept for Castille taken Granada and such and ireland has changed a bit.
Picture1-5.png

Picture2-6.png

Picture3-5.png

Freaking sneaky french, they blocked me off during the Malinese war, lasted like what 2 years!
Picture4-5.png

Picture5-5.png

Savoy Update
May 1563 to May 1583​

Well i started off with a crazy idea to annex Austria, surprisingly a maybe chance and on the first try i nearly doubled my empire controlling all of Italy and well over half the HRE
Picture1-6.png

Minor war with the Ashanti to gain a gold province...and add to BB score.
Picture2-7.png

Peace with Ashanti and a glance at the BB, i definitely dont want to hit BB wars just yet.
Picture3-6.png

Another war between the allys, france and burgundy, i go with france again, although again it takes a stab hit of 4.
Picture4-6.png

New king in the middle of the war, decent, but its ok he only lasts 4 years so its all good
Picture6-5.png

I hate fighting giant nations as i had about 8 provinces of burgundy annexed and i only was able to gain two provinces from them
Picture7-5.png

Not to long after the war i get an alliance offer from burgundy, i take it as i need to chill for awhile anyway, not so sure next time i ll bite though.
Picture8-5.png

New king, another one blessed by god as the II is equal to the I
Picture9-5.png

I get a CB against Luxembourg, Savoyardian diplomats are not well liked, but it works for good excuse for warring.
Picture10-5.png

I take peace at vassal, dont want to hit BB just yet, as my money is still low so building the army is going slower than i would like...also the navy needs a boost as well considering burgundy destroyed it during the war...bummer
Picture11-4.png

small war with Oyo, i gain a province, i would have crested BB had i decided to completely annex em, and with only 60k troops and the ability to have double that i wanted to wait till conquest.
Picture12-3.png

Picture13-3.png

Not much gained through wars during this update but im definitely satisfied with just Austria...however it will be tough to expand again, as Hungry is allied with bohemia and poland, bohemia a polish ally as well. Im going to build another 30k and about 30 ships before i want to get into a large war...i cant even expand through mamluks as lithuania has almost completely destroyed them...The next update will be sure to be filled with the unexpected as i am not sure what to do except finish off the Mali and their neighbors. Portugal, Castille and England have ravaged the Americas, all the native countries gone or hanging by a thread so the expansion will be interesting

Update same time ish tomorrow

Last edited:
Savoy Kings

I played as Savoy once and remember getting a string of really great kings, which helped me form Italy and expand from there. From the looks of it, the BB might take a while to burn off so maybe start colonizing more aggressively in Africa, and possibly switch one of your NI's to colonial ventures to speed that up.

oOOo good idea, i completely forgot about ability to switch NI, and i am definitely no England, i think i get 1.8 per year, hardly enough to get my colonizing in full swing (the only drawback to this particular game is those AI colonized a lot faster than i usually see them do, im beginning to eye India, though its being discovered slowly.

Savoy Update
May 1583 to May 1603​

Another 20 years gone, some more provinces gained and it seems BB wars are just around the corner, although Castille is now a behemoth as it inherited portugal so i was very unhappy to see that.

Another vassal Annexed, Ansbach added to The Savoy Empire
Picture1-7.png

I attacked the Malinese, successfully diminishing their power to a single province, and gaining a stronger hold on the Afrika Continent.
Picture2-8.png

Peace came swiftly, as my guns turned out to be a bit bigger than the Malinese, considering they had none. Forts and missionaries follow the newly gained provinces.
Picture3-7.png

Spies, great fellows their, i had five and felt obligated to use one in order to gain a 50 year Cb on the Bavarian capital...fantastic
Picture4-7.png

The war: an unexpected gift, saxony is pulled into the war, good ole saxon guarantee, fantastic again
Picture5-6.png

Saxony is the first of the enemies to submit to the Savoy empire seeding all provinces but their capital, Salzburg followed with a full annexation forgot to screenie that. BB growing high
Picture6-6.png

Bavaria agrees to peace a few years later, and it seems every nation that faces the Savoy Empire is reduced to a single province.
Picture7-6.png

Though Savoy's name is spoken around the world it is out of fear and anger at our blatant attempts to conquer as much as possible. Our reputation is also renowned and because of it the Pink Machine is hated
Picture8-6.png

Songhai declares war against us, it lasts a very short time as their nation is overrun yet i allow white peace...they will be dealt with soon enough
Picture9-6.png

Picture10-6.png

Assolone II dies after twenty years of profitable rule, definitely one of Savoy's greatest kings and generals. Carlo succeeds him a 5-3-5, let his rule be short.
Picture12-4.png

The Savoy Empire at its height in 1603, let the borders expand further over the next 217
Picture13-4.png

Picture14-3.png

Picture15-2.png

Picture16-2.png

Another update tomorrow, hopefully not as late as they seem to be getting later :) Anyway i was warned by France, unsure how that will turn out, i hope to get an alliance with Castille, who since inheriting Portugal controls probably over half the Americas. I plan to explore India, and in this or the next mount an Offensive against India. I am up to my 90 thousand men mark or close, but my next goal is 120 thousand, which i hope to complete in the next update. The navy is also growing, but for the attack on India i will need more transports. I did get a new NI and took colonial ventures which is greatly helping my ability to establish ports around the world.

Savoy Update

May 1603 to May 1623​

The first couple of years this update were slow until... Hungary declared war on the Ottoman's...I warned the Hungarians, i said no war but they did not listen, shame on them...dont know why the shield thing didnt show up
Picture1-8.png

Bohemia, Hungary's ally fell quickly, i only demanded 2 provinces are this war was against Hungary and i was Hungry for Hungary (lame but hey) so i wanted to focus on them
Picture2-9.png

After conquering all but 2 of Hungary's province i decided to allow their broken nation peace, as long as they ceded some of their provinces of course
Picture3-8.png

Dishonorable scum is what the world thought of Savoy, and Castile, the world's greatest power attacked me while they were already in my lands with by gracious allowing them military access
Picture4-8.png

Navarra see's things the Savoy way
Picture5-7.png

Songhai attacked again and i let them off the hook again, but i have a feeling their nation is doomed to become non-existent in the next 20 years
Picture6-7.png

Thanks to France, Castile realized their mistake and asked for peace, which i accepted, my manpower was down and i needed to recover
Picture7-7.png

The third war against the burgundians, went the same route as the first two as the Savoy Empire rolled of the Burgundian armies and the French did the same
Picture8-7.png

Sieges moved much faster this time around thanks to the heavy artillery and higher quantity of troops. Burgundy gladly accepted the peace offer losing more provinces
Picture9-7.png

the 1 province of Cleaves, with no allies attacked the massive Savoy, and with no troops willing to fight, quickly accepted the honor to become Savoy's vassal.
Picture10-7.png

Picture11-6.png

Castile, after attacking me, offers me an alliance, which i accept so i can focus my attention elsewhere, also helps should the french backstab me
Picture12-5.png

A new king, not one of my greats like in the 1500s but better than his predecessor, who ruled 23 years, way to long for his abilities.
Picture13-5.png

Here's the religious map you asked for, i didnt take a screen of Europe or my provinces as theyre all catholic except for a few of my provinces which are reformed and Protestant. same with europe as only a few one province nations are other than catholic
Picture14-4.png

Last image is Savoy's research, compares well with others but i would like it to be higher.

Im pretty happy with this update, some good conquering and im ready to launch my Indian Invasion. BB wars are going to become inevitable soon, luckily that new king is 8 diplo and i have 2 rank 6 diplomats. their are 3 nations that match me or have greater strength. Castille, France, and Lithuania. my army is at 135 thousand and my navy is at 75 ships, 30 transports

next 20 years should be pretty wild, Indian invasion, Songhai annihilation, and who knows what else...either way Savoy will be growing stronger