• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Savoy update...not that anyone is reading :(
May 1483 to July 1503​

Okay then time for some pics. The vassals of swiss and lorraine are both unlikely to submit but i figured id give it a shot...no luck unfortunately.
Picture1-2.png

I noticed that Qara Kuyonala or whatever those guys are called took another of genoa's provinces over in Eastern Europe reducing them to a single province. I took a three stab hit because hey now or never and i didnt want my Austrian ally taking any more of my land, so Ludo II got himself into another war, that warmonger. OOO and Tuscany is their ally, ripe for the picking
Picture2-2.png

Genoa's rich province became mine in just about a month, yum
Picture3-1.png

Alright Genoa falls, off to Tuscany, I got Pisa, Milan took Firenze and those greedy Austrians took Ancona. Tuscy wouldnt go for Pisa and Vassal so i settled for just vassal, i didnt want those hussy Austrians taking Ancona away from me
Picture4-2.png

Picture5-1.png

Land Tech ADVANCE, im actually ahead of some latin countries, neat i thought id let you know
Picture7-1.png

In one of the 1480s year i become an elector, YES! too bad if i had taken a screenie you would see i had no chance of becoming HRE, later perhaps?
Picture8-1.png

Thank you Ansbach for annexing Wurzburg, i like your land techie, very nice how much (yes that was from that one movie with the driver from Talladega Knights i cant think of( I thought Knights would be appropriate since its a game about war) clever me
Picture9-1.png

Ludo II tragically dies after 20 years, and by tragically i mean i wish he would have died sooner 3-4-5 SOB. And i get a 2nd regency after 20 years again, apparently Savoy doesnt have mature sons.
Picture10-1.png

My warnings pay off, Siena declares war on Sardines, no no not allowed, o hey avignon is gonna fight too. fantastic
Picture11-1.png

A new king rises Filiberto II, i have to say though after the regency's the kings are just freaking sweet, i got a 8-6-8 the first regency now a 8-7-8, i forget i ll have to check the screen...anyway good for Savoy i hope i lasts more than 2 years this time...definitely no general for him, i learned
Picture12-1.png

Avignon fell in only 150 days ish, but before i annexed it i shot for an annexation of all my vassals, all maybes cept for tuscy...only Swiss came to the realization submission was the only option
Picture13-1.png

I annexed Avignon, thought i took a shot of that, guess not. My 11k then travelled to Siena kicked their butts out and attacked the walls...i think we know what happens after that...h'enjoy the screens
Picture14-1.png

Picture15-1.png

I leave this update with a screenie of as much as i could zoom out, most of Europe and a wee bit of Asia Minor and Africa 50 years after the start...Overall pretty legit start i gots a few provinces, 3 vassals that better submit now cause im sick of paying them. Austria, france, and Castille, and burgundy doing their thing like usual, lucky three of those are my allies.

Tune in Tomorrow for another 20 year update, im here till 1820...or till Savoy goes KA-put (Check spelling on that word im not sure)

Last edited:
I am here reading and commenting... no, I don't want ot raise my post count, shhh! :p

I was going to vote SSavoy but you begun it too early. :p

Why is the screen so bright?

And why is Austria so big so early? :D

Don't fret about a lack of readers and/or replies :) That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

I almost wanted to say something bout annexing, but remebered you were playing NA ;)

Any potential for a WC here?

unddu said:
Don't fret about a lack of readers and/or replies :) That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

I almost wanted to say something bout annexing, but remebered you were playing NA ;)

Any potential for a WC here?
That is actually a good idea.A WC would be ace so I say go for it.

Seems Italy will be almost all yours in a matter of time.

I dont know why the screens are very bright...Mac maybe is brighter i dont know. And Austria is so big because they're a bunch of cheats that im going to have to deal with sooner or later...later since they outnumber me 5 to 1. luckily they have been getting pulled into wars with the Ottomans by an ally...thats why Candar has Rome (Austria still has it). a WC huh, that will be difficult, i best start delaring more wars to grab some territories, i guess BB wars would be the easiest in terms of WC but i dont know. I guess i'll have to see how the cookie crumbles...Update tonight :D

Savoy Update Time, I am super excited, pretty busy set of years this time around

May 1503 to May 1523​

Ok last you heard from the Savoyardians they had annexed their swiss vassal and finished a war with avignon and siena, and by the end of that war both ending in Savoy's hands. Only a few months into the playtime i decided to once again attempt to annex, except Tuscy. The screen failed and so did the annexation of Milan...however Lorraine accepted giving Savoy three new provinces in middle of the continent.

Our good friends of Sardinia, who we guaranteed independence, and also warned once again gave us an opportunity to attack...this time the unallied Sicily who only had a whopping 7k soldiers (their leader was pretty good though)
Picture2-3.png

The war was relatively simple, calabria had been fortified via event for Sicily so that posed a slight bump in the road. Once i had them all under my control i decided to vassalize Sicily rather than take their three provinces just and case someone like Austria declared war on them and annexed em. I usually dont take this route but it worked out and not a moment to soon as Austria declared war on them right before i made peace. Also lucky for me Ottoman declared war on Austria so Sicily made it out with white peace i suppose.
Picture3-2.png

I received another idea soon after the war and chose QftNW (i wasnt sure what else i should choose) However much to my dismay bermuda and cape verde were already taken. I chose to make my base at Sierra Leone. I then warned Mali and pop a year later i get a message to defend some country that i couldnt point out on the map.
Picture4-3.png

During the war my beloved Filiberto passed away after 12 years and was replaced by Amedeo (neat name), not bad, but no Fili II
Picture5-2.png

The war went on forever as my crappy 0-0-0-2 general chased after the Malinese war machine (30k strong when we began) 3 years later peace was made (clicked it off automatically and forgot to screen it) at the end they were down to 10k and i was up to 30 land tradition...anyway the spoils, no chance of ships for the Malinese anymore.
Picture6-2.png

Figured it was that time again, and Presto Savoy is once again three provinces richer. Milan is starting to piss me off as they once again say no...they simply dont get it...freakin Sforza's
Picture7-2.png

Well here i am just chillin by the Med with a Martini and a Mojito (no i dont think they're a girls drink :cool: ) when Trier sends a diplomatic insult...I was shocked and simply couldnt let that fly, i mean what kind of role model would i be if i did. Austria beat me to Trier so i settled for this peace, which has worked real well for me so far.
Picture8-2.png

Here's an overview of my research, seems to be going pretty good through 70 years. Is it really better to just research 1 tech at once?
Picture9-2.png

Well before i ended my 20 years i figured i'd give my vassals another shot (Trier wasnt ready yet). Milan once again said no, but to my great surprise (very unlikely) Sicily agreed contributing 4 more provinces to The Pink as Savoy has been dubbed
Picture10-2.png

K thanks for the posts, another update for tomorrow more late probably than early. O and since i have never done a WC (not sure if my Savoy would be a good candidate) i could use any advice i can get...especially dealing with these 3 lucky war machines that i am allied with and squeezed in the middle of.

Last edited:
Cores maybe?

Excellent, now the African expansion begins!

Savoy Update...what i thought would be a slow 20 years ended up being a wee bit more chaotic

May 1523 to May 1543​

Well i started out this twenty years letting my BB drop a bit and attempting to build up my economy because i had many dreams but few ducats. A diplomat from Aragon decided to be very unkind in court and of what we learned in Trier's case Savoy is not a forgiving nation. March against the Aragonese, who had palermo messina valencia and malta(rebel controlled). After my 18k wiped out the 1k in Messina a calm war began ending in a cool victory.
Picture1-3.png

Picture2-4.png

I attempted to annex my two vassals, perhaps that is where all my money is going...but anyway the Sforza's final got the picture and i received their immensely wealthy province of Lombardia, and it no longer was a french core so i could breathe easy.
Picture3-3.png

Unfortunately the next two images failed(i have no clue why 1 out of my 12 everytime fails) anyway France declared war on Burgundy, both allies of mine, putting me in a bind. I ended up siding with France even though it was a bigger stab hit but France=110k troops Burgundy=30k The war ended with me getting Valenciennes and france obtaining franche-compte and calais.

Their were two reasons i made peace with Burgundy so fast. 1. every province except three had forts lvl 2, and 2. Wurttemberg declared war on Burgundy and since i had warned Wurt i went to war with them and their allies.
Picture5-3.png

Ansbach was the first to fall to The Pink (my scroll was going haywire as i was trying to take a screen which is why we see lovely norway and sweden)
Picture6-3.png

While the was progressed i was blessed with another great king, 3 in a row, quite amazing... Pietro IV much much better than he predecessor Pietro III. Behold. Also meanwhile Austria was fighting burgundy too, dragged by an ally. They settled peace releasing Luxembourg...odd peace, but i was watching the fighting between both burgundy and austria and they were both out of men so i guess it was a quick fix
Picture7-3.png

I settled with white peace with Bavaria, i will deal with them some other time...soon, and Wurt soon accepted a generous peace offer by Savoy
Picture8-3.png

I attempted to annex Trier and they accepted, my luck with vassal annexation this game has been ridiculously lucky, although i think since my prestige has been 50+ for the last 60 years that may help a bit...along with my three kings with 7+ diplo skill, just maybe
Picture9-3.png

Burgundy offered an alliance and i accepted, figured id keep my options open, i also forgot that i am now at lease equal to them in power and money
Picture10-3.png

The first three years of the 1540s were slow so i colonized and hey, became papal controller for the first time.
Picture11-2.png

Update tomorrow, another twenty year, hope ya take a look.

I think i may be going a bit slow to achieve a WC, and if it is to happen i need to take out one of my giant allies. I have had my eye on Austria though with this update Burgundy seems tempting. currently im 15k troops behind Austria, the gap will close probably 8-9k once i get the cash. I am really hoping that either i or austria will get a boundary dispute considering we are so interlocked and press the issue as i could definitely use France and burgundy's help if i am to take down the white monster. Any suggestions on WC or anything would be greatly appreciated, see ya tomorrow.

My BB is only about 6.8 because i am doing a lot of vassals, annexing 1 every few years it seems. Plus i have a 7+ diplo kings for the last 50 years and two rep advisors rank 4 and 5 i just need a CB on Austria or Burgundy and attack while they are already at war...France will have to be left alone for awhile. Also in 10 years hopefully i will get Deus Vult and Massacre the Malinese and Inca (whom i am making a b-line for with my colonies in Brazil

Off to play now so update in the next 2 hours or something like that