• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(78419)

Sergeant
Jun 15, 2007
A Europe AAR---Savoy

Ok, i ve read quite a few AARs and have always wanted to do one so here it is, the first one. However my decision making skills have only brought me to wanting to do the AAR and not who to do it as. Here are the countries i have thought about doing, help on who i should do is welcome

1.Savoy
2. Lorraine
3. Genoa
4. Hesse
5. Algiers

My strategy in any of those five will be mainly surviving and scraping up countries left behind by the giants. I will be doing this on Napoleon's Ambition since i have a mac, and screenshots their will be 0 unless someone knows how to take them via mac as i am technologically unsavvy "special" you may say. So the writing will have to carry the AAR, uh oh, and it will be a story with the kings and advisors switching to a narrative to sum up whats going on. Well im off to work so that will definitely give me time to think about what country to choose, please let me know your thoughts the one with the most votes wins.

post script: i ll post the AAR on that thread once i start with the country. Thanks

Last edited:
Hesse! That will give you a challange ;) I've never seen an AAR with them as well

I would say Lorraine (1) or Savoy (2), but France has missions to destroy both, I think.

SAVOIE!!!

It's perfectly placed to conquer Europe!

EUROO7 said:
SAVOIE!!!

It's perfectly placed to conquer Europe!

Quiet, Ranieri. :p

You have no power over me Capi Bara! I am the king of Savoie!!!

Ok Savoy looks to be the winner

Goals other survival, which will be difficult in itself i guess will be take the Italian Peninsula and do other stuff, i may attack the Africa and Asia Minor because I have almighty Latino Troopers and i am all in for easy land.

I ll do the first update late late tonight, each update roughly 10-20 years, maybe more if im in the mood

and If anyone knows how to take and post screenshots via mac, lemme know

Hope everyone enjoys the story, hope it i dont go down early to those french or burgundian *******s

ah its on default settings minus inflation from gold only b/c i hate inflation, i may turn back on when i get tax accessors.

Last edited:
It looks like you were able to take screenshots?

Try registering to an image hosting site like imageshack or Photobucket

I use photobucket. Just upload you images to those sites and put a link to them here, and then we can see your screenshots. :)

Savoy Update
May 1453 to May 1463​

Ludo I and his talented Advisors, very nice considering im worth a whopping 3 provinces

Picture1.png

Ludo I, because of his precarious position immdiately sends emissaries to France and Burgundy, hoping for protection until his nation can fend for itself. France Declines, but Burgundy accepts, so the north border is safe or now. The outposts show a exponential growth of troop training from all sides of Savoy, and with a meager 2k troops Savoy decides to build to its limit of 5k, still a thousand below any of our neighbors. The navy is useless, only used for fishing and yachting. A few diplomats later a royal marriage is made between both France and Burgundy, hopefully securing our border so Ludo can focus on the East. Ludo dies early and in 1454 a regency takes over after Ludo's 20 years of reign, the son still too young to rule. Before he dies he makes church attendance mandatory as though he knows wars with be a plenty in the Peninsula
Giulio does his job well
Picture2.png
November of 1459, Genoa declares war on the papal state, and as a catholic nation, Savoy is forced to defend. Genoa's capitol falls in 47 days, but before that a new King comes to power, Gian Maria I,(image failed) a 8-6-8. A peace treaty comes a year later and Corsica is released from Genoa's grasp.

The Savoy nation did not like this new nation, its flag an actual head or some person, and it just didnt look any good. So in July Gian Maria I, a man king, declares war on Corsica, who is allied with DA Pope. Gian sneaks off with the 1k troops off to Corsica, while the other 5k are sent to Avignon. Meanwhile Da Pope's 8k troops march into Nice and Piedmont, both falling before Corsica. Tradegy strikes in the siege of Crosica as Gian Maria I dies, even though no attrition is noticeable.
Picture4.png

A new king...A new lesson learned as Peitro III is a 3-5-5
August 1462 Corsica falls and submits to Savoy BAM on a roll.
Eight months later the papal state, who's WE is almost 6 and is at war with the same amount of other nations agrees to a white piece even though savoie and nice are under their control.

Last edited:
Yay Papal State!

I mean... It's a good thing the Pope was busy elsewhere.

So you annexed corsica? Very good!
icon14.gif

Savoy Update

May 1463 to May 1483​

The years pass by Pietro who simply watches from his castle from Piedmont. He did not like war, he did not like ruling his kingdom. Much of his time in the mid 1460s was spent over in France with his bride Catherine in their summer home near the province of Dauphine. The French king visited Pietro for his brides birthday in June. On that day talk was made of the chaotic European continent. Pietro spoke of his anguish of being such a small nation, lively day to day with no sense of when a larger nation may choose to attack simply because of his armies gorgeous pick uniforms. The French king Henri took this to heart and offered his countries services, an alliance was formed.
Picture1-1.png

The winter months were harsh in Savoy that year, and sadly Pietro III passed away one night from a horrid cold. Filiberto I rose to his father's throne, and it was whispered his ambitions rose far higher than the alps in which he made his home. The whispers became shouts soon enough as Filiberto, for no reason except his own declared war on the Swiss nation, whom the alliance with was broken earlier in Pietro's reign. Lorraine and the HRE joined the fight along with all of Savoy's allys.
Picture2-1.png

The Savoyardians were on the move...or Savoies or something brought siege to Schwyz, which fell in a meager 13 days. Under the Helm of Filiberto they moved on to Bern, while France and Burgundy defended our the homeland and attack Lorraine. Bern fell within a year of siege.
Picture5.png

The Swiss submitted to peace shortly after
Picture6.png

Less than thirty days after their ally left the fight Lorraine also realized they were in a losing battle and submitted to Filiberto's smooth tongue.
Picture7.png

After his vassals were stabilized, Filiberto enjoyed his spoils, visiting his new home of Schwyz and traveling in Burgundy, France, and Lorraine. 7 years passed until worthy news traveled to Filiberto. His Weaponry researchers had discovered a new type of bow, the longbow. In september, the Burgundian king attacked the isle of England, and Filiberto joined in, no way wanting to upset his Northern ally.
Picture10.png

England and Savoy found peace soon thereafter, knowing the circumstances and that Savoy would be no threat to the English. Filiberto, a lover of travel, could once again travel as the nation was at peace. During these travels, most in southern France, Filiberto discovered two great men and employed them immediately to his closet cabinet.
Picture11.png

Two years later, Filiberto passed away after 11 years of rule. His nephew, the grandson of Ludovico I rose to power, and became Ludovico II. However his abilities were of no match to his grandfather.
Picture12.png

Desperate to live up to his grandfather's name, Ludo II, 10 months later moved his seven thousand men into position and declared war on the Milan/Mantua alliance despite numerous pleadings from his French wife, who spent much time in Lombardia. Ludo, furious executed her himself before leaving for war. A Burgundian bride was arranged.
Picture13.png

Ludo II rode his troops into Mantua and impatiently besieged the walls. However his success could not be disputed as Mantua fell in only a few days and submitted to a complete annexation. Ludo II smiled and rode for Parma.
Picture14.png

Picture15.png

The siege of Parma was more time consuming, as Ludo II realized his troops need for rest. Yet Parma, more used to the trade market rather than the battlefield fell like Mantua. Lombardia, under siege by both Switzerland and z Burgundy experienced Parma's fate only a few months later. As the new year came so did the peace treaty in which Milan was anxious to accept.
Picture16.png

More research paid off as a new national idea was embraced, and focus on economics, in order to fuel the Savoy war machine.
Picture17.png

In April an unexpected offer presented itself to Ludo II and it was one he couldnt refuse, one that would make him safe to do whatever he pleased.
Picture19.png

The next three years were more of peace as Ludo II honeymooned with his new Burgundian bride.