• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Joque

Recruit
80 Badges
Jun 15, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
First AAR, Ironman UK Roleplay P Achievement run based on "What if the Allies actually had a backbone and wanted to really end all war?". Aiming for One Empire by way of Federate the Empire and Puppetmaster. So my ROE for this RP:

Absolute minimum of cheese, I do SOME shenanigans that I can argue could make sense. Like template switching between functional templates, 10w to 40w fine, (no TINY).

Other rule, Peace over war. All people equal. To implement:
  • Proportional use of force.
  • Nuclear option is treated as a big deal. No arbitrary nukes.
  • All lives matter. Even the enemy ones. For this, it means I recognize what happens to pockets if you don’t have overwhelming force nearby and try really hard to not put my guys in positions to commit war crimes.
  • In times of peace, prioritize repair and rebuilding
  • I do this by immediately repairing all war damage. If I puppeted anyone this peace deal, I simulate this by building 1 civ factory for every 10 of theirs at the top of my construction list
  • If you fight for my flag you get benefits so, any puppet I let into a war gets stuff like civ factories or infrastructure built when I can
  • Abide by alliance. If an ally is attacked, actually care about if they fall.
Plan to post these as fireside chats using a few screenshots per chat to give context when enough interesting or things have happened.

---------------------------------------------
Radio Broadcast from UK PM, 18 April 1939
“I come to you, the people of the world, to let you know what is happening, what we fight for, and what will happen next.

War, war never changes. We once fought the war to end all wars, and yet war has found us again. Will are disappointed, but we are far from beaten. Now we will war once more for peace. Today, tyranny rises across the world. It is lies and hatred. It is misinformation. It is evil of the vilest kind, and its face is Hitler! We war against tyranny wherever it rears its head.

We now lead a coalition of forces wielding powerful weapons of war that would make them seem as gods a mere hundred years ago. As do our enemies. Today, our weapons and power, the power of freedom for all people, are stronger than our enemies. I ask you, to celebrate today, for we stand on the side of freedom, and the forces of freedom are well on the path to victory over the forces of tyranny!

DOP AAR 1 1.png

General command just informed me that our latest offensive freed another 100 miles of German land from the taint of the Facist. Elements of the 1st Expeditionary approached the German defenses along the Maginot and look to link our lines with our French and Luxe allies. The next offensive of the 1st may link the French lines with ours, and that spell the start of the German forces collapse.

As for the 2nd BEF, they just started a push to lift the Siege of Czechoslovakia, and then after the plan is to push on to Berlin and victory!

But just as we see the end in sight, the Governments of Yugoslavia and Hungary spurned peace and joined with the tyrant. In a surprise attack, 200,000 Hungarian crossed into Slovakia and added a new front to the siege. This betrayal adds extra urgency to the 2nd BEF push, we MUST REACH OUR ALLIES!

DOP AAR 1 2.png

In other good news, the people of Yugoslavia have renounced the tyrant, and elements of their military have risen up in defense of democracy! Stirred by the conviction of the Yugoslavian peoples for Freedom, The Royal Navy will safeguard the newly established 4th BEF as it redeploys from Africa to reinforce our new allies and join the fight the freedom of Yugoslavia!
So I say again, rejoice today, for soon the War in Africa will be over. And soon the War in Germany shall be over, and soon after the Wars in Italy, Yugoslavia, and Hungary will be over.

And it will good, for Tyranny will be the loser of this war. And that, my fellow people, is something to celebrate.

DOP AAR 1 3.png

But now I must ask you, what of tomorrow? It seems that Man’s advancement in weapons has surpassed his ability to advance his morality. Our estimates show that if these wars continue we will be looking at death and destruction on a scale that that will make the last war seem almost idyllic. What of the wars in another 20 years?

The only way to ensure that the light of the world never dies is by learning to stand together and work for a brighter tomorrow. For this purpose, we will look to develop the home front with an eye towards the future. We are choosing to develop our war effort with an eye for the future, and will be acting on many of these development efforts across the commonwealth over the next few months.

We fight for peace, and a time when war is necessary. But this is a time when war is necessary. And we must rise up and do what is necessary. We will overcome this, together.

Until next time, keep calm and carry on."

End Broadcast

Death to tyrants, everywhere. Good luck and good start!

The bobby with the global beat.

As one more thought, about 80K of the UK's losses in the war were due to the war kicking off a bit earlier than expected combined with Italy immediately joining Germany.

I had the 18 divisions of the 2nd BEF on their way from securing the oil fields to reinforce Amsterdam. They were in the Central Mediterranean Sea when Italy and Germany attacked. My fleet was also slightly out of position to defend them.

The Italian navy had no mercy. 8 divisions were lost.

This is going to be bloody.

Maybe the priniples might be numbered and arranged according to their nature and whether there is a priority scheme or that each must be satisfied - especially with true allies of equal dignity

This will be bloody.

Alright, color me intrigued.

I take it that the UK stood up for Czechoslovakia at Munich, and now the Nazis are trying to take it by force? I noticed that the date of this broadcast is a good five months prior to the invasion of Poland.