• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ALL THE OIL.

Very good job. Even though you lost the advisers you still kicked ass. Would you have been able to hold off Castile and take the province?

That's a great question. Despite parity (if not superiority) to Castille in land tech, at one point they had nearly 35k troops in the province, and I couldn't do much about their navy. If I caught them in another war? Maybe.

Probably released them (from Persia?).

Oh, right, the beta patch. I got a bit confused since I don't use it (waiting for the official release, and in the middle of a game I started before the patch - my comp runs EU obscenely slowly.)

Oh, right, the beta patch. I got a bit confused since I don't use it (waiting for the official release, and in the middle of a game I started before the patch - my comp runs EU obscenely slowly.)

Is that something that's changed in the latest beta? 5.2 had so much stuff in it that I may have lost track of some of it. :rolleyes:

I'm going to try to update here tomorrow or Thursday night; I have a lot of papers to grade this weekend, so if I don't get it up by then it won't be done until next week.

Wow! A roaring success! Too bad you are gonna lose really, really quickly in Nogai, but what can you do?

You're absolutely right. One of two things will happen. One, I sit and do nothing for twenty years. Two, I get eaten by Persia (or Milan, if I really peeve them) quickly. For the sake of entertainment and/or sanity, I'll probably go for the latter.

Bah, I'm sure there will be entertainment to be had on the steppe... Maybe Chaos could learn to play Buzkashi? That would be worth some laughs at the bar.

What's Buzkashi?

Nogai: No pain, Nogai... n*

*Thanks (or, depending on your point of view, recriminations) to tamius23 for an exceptional (?) title.

Death carefully examined his glass. Only three insect larvae. A new low, Bill!

Bill nodded solemnly, in recognition of his tremendous achievement. Not only did the eponymous bartender of Bill-Who-Once-Charged-A-Kidney-For-A-Cover-Charge-For-A-Band-That-Was-Never-Actually-Booked rarely wash his glasses, when he did, he made sure to use plenty of fecal matter as soap because a) fecal matter is cheaper than soap and b) Bill didn't really like his customers all that much. Those customers who were picky about their intestines brought their own glasses, which gave Bill an excuse to double charge them for their drinks. "Are you here to watch Daniel's adventures, Death?"

Yeah. Where's Order? He never missed an episode.

"The latest episode was cancelled."

For what?

"It was called on a count of stupid. Daniel got a mission to improve relations with the Papal States -- despite the Nogai having no earthly idea where the Pope was -- so he cancelled it. Instead, he got a mission to reclaim territory from Persia. Chaos made him declare war."

That probably didn't go well.

"No. Especially not when Milan dishonored the call, so Daniel declared war on Milan."

Wow. Maybe I should just call this bet now... Daniel has clearly lost it.

"I wouldn't call it insanity, Death. Maybe a touch of depression and the crushing certainty that 4PMs do not survive for long when completely encircled by two of the most powerful (and largest) countries in the game."

I suppose you're right. How long did it take?

"Two years. Bohemia (who was warleader in the fight with Milan) peaced out for little. Persia released the Golden Horde and took two provinces, leaving them an OPM. Daniel then broke the truce with Persia, who only took a little cash. Finally, he threw himself at Milan, who finally annexed him."

Doesn't sound very exciting.

"Nope. To make matters worse, Order lost a ton of money by taking the spread -- 1.5 years."

Tough break. How'd he pay it?

"He put it on his tab. You should like the next episode a little more."

Where are they going?

"Smolensk. Oh wait, that one's done too."

Really?

"Yep. Smolensk was an OPM but had a lot of cash. It took five wars with Polotsk to even get Polotsk to vassalize them. Lasted until 1750, and it only ended then because Daniel blew all of his cash on mercenaries which immediately died because he didn't pay any military maintenance."

Wow. So where now?

"Bohemia."

Death smiled. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

"Oh yeah, and they're in the middle of a war."

With whom?

"Magdeburg."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for shoving two countries into one update, but to be honest, I think the sheer epicness of Bohemia will make up for it. Plus, it was an OPM. Still, here's a couple of pictures to whet your appetite in for 1750-1770.

europe1750.jpg

eu3mapsmo17507231.jpg

You're excused for putting two in one. Wasn't much to show... :)
Looking forward to Trollhemia though!

Oooooooooooooohh Liege. o_O
Looks like france...
*puts on glasses*
has a new liege.

I wonder how Bohemia will work out, at war with the scary Magdeburger empire.

You're excused for putting two in one. Wasn't much to show... :)
Looking forward to Trollhemia though!

The good news is I've either directly or indirectly killed most of the OPMs at this stage, so I hope it won't happen again.

Looks like france...
*puts on glasses*
has a new liege.

I wonder how Bohemia will work out, at war with the scary Magdeburger empire.

I booted up the game just to take a quick glance at Bohemia's situtation -- this may be a tougher fight than it sounds on paper. I'll keep you posted in the next update!

That is a great introduction, Avindian :D . Only I thought Bohemia was bigger.

If somebody wants to, compare it to Bohemia in 1700. Maybe they lost some territory to rebels?