• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vincent Price, lol, perfect manifestation of Death. Chaos and Order should look like two famed people that echo their personality...

Chaos being a dictator (Hitler? Genghis? Napoleon?)
Order being a defender of the weak (FDR? Truman? Churchill? Louis XVI? Washington?)

That was one dedicated chef. Hard luck with Mainz. Maybe the random number God will give you something bigger than an OPM next time.

Hey, Mainz was a 2PM! And so is Armagnac. ::sighs::

What, no Descent into Madness for a week? :(

Are you a chess player, Avindian?

I have played chess quite a bit in the past. Not as much now; I'm much more of a war game player (like Twilight Struggle, Axis and Allies, Rome vs. Carthage).

Death is my new favourite character. I look forward to seeing some maps.

Glad you like him!

I would have never guessed that Death played Twister!
Awesome update.

Thanks!

Death is a wicked Twister player. Also, Chaos is a huge dick.

Yeah, but you should have figured that out by now :)

That's the most awesome Death scene (pun) I've read. I wonder what I'd have to do to meet this Death fellow...
smokinggun.jpg

/mayorqw

::groans::

Vincent Price, lol, perfect manifestation of Death. Chaos and Order should look like two famed people that echo their personality...

Chaos being a dictator (Hitler? Genghis? Napoleon?)
Order being a defender of the weak (FDR? Truman? Churchill? Louis XVI? Washington?)

I envision Chaos as looking like Cthulhu, but like, a million times scarier, so to even gaze upon him as to go mad. As far as Order is concerned, I've not given it much thought.

As far as appearances go, I'd picture both as relatively normal human beings.
In my mind, I'd picture order as a businessman in the back of a crowded elevator who recieves no attention: Not just always the same person, but always viewed (or would that be ignored) in the same context.
Chaos wouldn't appear out of the ordinary until he starts to grin, at which point you notice that his teeth are massive fangs, and then when you take your attention off just the fangs to glimpse what the whole image looks like, you notice that he is twenty feet tall and in posession of thrity seven arms, and as you notice more and more, more just continues to flow forth (oh, and whatever happens to the overall shape; you can still somehow tell that he is still grinning).
There's the result of a very short brainstorm, and I must say; my image of Chaos has given me quite the appetite for breakfast.

I could imagine Chaos looking like Ares in Percy Jackson, a grungy biker-dude who has the glare of a satanist.

I still think he should look like a dictator.

Too bad the French Revolution never starts in game...

As far as appearances go, I'd picture both as relatively normal human beings.
In my mind, I'd picture order as a businessman in the back of a crowded elevator who recieves no attention: Not just always the same person, but always viewed (or would that be ignored) in the same context.
Chaos wouldn't appear out of the ordinary until he starts to grin, at which point you notice that his teeth are massive fangs, and then when you take your attention off just the fangs to glimpse what the whole image looks like, you notice that he is twenty feet tall and in posession of thrity seven arms, and as you notice more and more, more just continues to flow forth (oh, and whatever happens to the overall shape; you can still somehow tell that he is still grinning).
There's the result of a very short brainstorm, and I must say; my image of Chaos has given me quite the appetite for breakfast.

I could imagine Chaos looking like Ares in Percy Jackson, a grungy biker-dude who has the glare of a satanist.

I still think he should look like a dictator.

Too bad the French Revolution never starts in game...

I've never watched the Percy Jackson films, so I'm not sure what you're referring to, Sakura.

As regards Chaos' potential appearance, I obviously couldn't mention it in the forums, lest you all go mad. :) So, in a way, you are all right, but in another way, you are all very, very wrong, and should be thankful for it.

M A D N E S S!!!!
Excellent update, nice to meet Death on the other side.

Thanks! I'm glad he was so well-received!

He wasn't in the movie, the books however, he looked like a biker.

I envision Chaos as looking like Cthulhu, but like, a million times scarier, so to even gaze upon him as to go mad. As far as Order is concerned, I've not given it much thought.
A perfectly sorted and cataloged shelf of library books.

Edit: Wait wait, he could be the set of all positive integers. After all, it and all its subsets are... well-ordered. *rimshot* Edit2: A-and every element is... rational!

Last edited:
A figure made of diamond, the most orderly substance in the universe, is what I'd think he'd look like.

I imagine Chaos looking like...

Abraham, Ghengis Khan and Darth Vader siamese triplets, attached at the shoulder.

I wouldn't think that, becouse dictatorship is pretty much about control, in practice at least, and as such would be the extreme of order rather than chaos.

But enought of off topic on my part

I happen to agree with Brougal, at least in principle.

A perfectly sorted and cataloged shelf of library books.

Edit: Wait wait, he could be the set of all positive integers. After all, it and all its subsets are... well-ordered. *rimshot* Edit2: A-and every element is... rational!

For a math joke, I award you e! points.

A figure made of diamond, the most orderly substance in the universe, is what I'd think he'd look like.

Hmmm.... perhaps.

I imagine Chaos looking like...

Abraham, Ghengis Khan and Darth Vader siamese triplets, attached at the shoulder.

Abraham? The Biblical guy? I wouldn't call myself a devotee of religion, but that's kind of weird. Even for Chaos.

Apparently, none of you have read any of Raymond E. Feist's books, or you would remember Honest John's as the bar that's in the Hall of Worlds (sort of).

I have played chess quite a bit in the past. Not as much now; I'm much more of a war game player (like Twilight Struggle, Axis and Allies, Rome vs. Carthage).

Axis and Allies is a totally awesome game :cool:

Just caught up, as good as ever.
Now, when are we going to see Castille ruined/run by Daniel? :p

Abraham? The Biblical guy? I wouldn't call myself a devotee of religion, but that's kind of weird. Even for Chaos.

Apparently, none of you have read any of Raymond E. Feist's books, or you would remember Honest John's as the bar that's in the Hall of Worlds (sort of).
I totally meant to put Lincoln there, but that works too! :)

You really should write a book rather than waste your considerable talents writing AARs. That being said, this is very entertaining.

Axis and Allies is a totally awesome game :cool:

I love it; it's not as good as HOI 3, but it's pretty close :)

Just caught up, as good as ever.
Now, when are we going to see Castille ruined/run by Daniel? :p

When the RNG decides to cooperate :)

I totally meant to put Lincoln there, but that works too! :)

I'm going to avoid asking exactly what you meant by comparing Lincoln to Ghengis Khan and Darth Vader. ;)

You really should write a book rather than waste your considerable talents writing AARs. That being said, this is very entertaining.

That's incredibly kind of you! The problem is I've never written something that's that long in length. Maybe when/if I finish the dissertation, I'll consider writing something :)

I've read The Magician, but I don't remember that...

I've read The Magician, but I don't remember that...

You have to get to the later stuff. I read a lot of fantasy as a teenager, but those tastes have largely shifted to sci-fi/mysteries/thrillers as I've gotten older. Feist remains one of the few fantasy authors I still read even now.