• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some interesting suggestions certainly :)

I think there really are only 2 Axis countries that can be realistically played in 1944 and I have done both now. I could drop the difficulty level but that would defeat the purpose. There is always 1944 Germany on VH of course, although I have won on that setting after I completed this AAR.

1941 SU on VH has been done recently by Klaipedietis which rules that one out.

I have a few ideas what I may do but I am not going to write two AAR's at once and Setting Sun has a long way to go yet :)

If you know chinese,you may read this AAI(http://bbs.52pcgame.com/viewthread.php?tid=121057&extra=page%3D1%26amp%3Bfilter%3Ddigest),about the same scenario but in different difficulty.I wrote it in chinese with less words and more pictures.The name of this AAI is “失去的胜利”,translated into English "The Lost Victory",to remember the history and one of my friends,he nearly accomplished his AAI,but for the lack of oil he had to summon some when he began the Barbarossa II,it's a regret just like the history.

Last edited:
Sorry for a severe necrobump, but could you fix the screens? I was on page 110, and they broke.
Also, that's a really nice AAR you made. Congratulations :p

LordSlowpoke said:
Sorry for a severe necrobump, but could you fix the screens? I was on page 110, and they broke.
Also, that's a really nice AAR you made. Congratulations :p
Thank you.

My apoligies. Photobucket has a monthly allowance for free accounts and the account I used almost exclusively during this AAR (and also for large parts of my new AAR) has reached its limit for the time being. A new month starts on the 24th of the month at which time all the screenshots will be available again. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes :)

Now that you have conquered the world isint it time for an alien invasion? :rofl:

Remble said:
Malinovskij had so many headquarters with him it was almost certain someone would have decent advice.

Since this great AAR got bumped i'll profit to pay honors to Remble. It took me a week but i read it all. I really enjoyed it. The line above made my day and i decided to quote it here. Congratulation on this amazing AAR.

You are the man!

With some luck, I might be the last person to post on this AAR (besides Remble) for all eternity. :D

After finishing this around Christmas, I was supposed to use my long-dormant account to post my congratulations immediately, but some issues with having to post at least once in the general forums before posting in the AAR Section slowed me down.

Remble, you have really shown some skill at HoI, and taught me a good deal about strategy, tactics and micromanagement. You not only survived a 1944 Germany Gotterdammerung, but achieved World Conquest with it. :eek: And yes, that part about the headquarters was one of my favorites.

Despite the length, it was all worth it. However, I've begun reading The Setting Sun, and it's shaping up to be a fair bit longer than this one. I'm currently on page 153, and I won't post there until I've caught up. So try not to update too quickly for my sake, ok?:rofl:

With some luck, I might be the last person to post on this AAR (besides Remble) for all eternity. :D
With some luck people will read this for ages to come. Finally caught up when the party was over, good work. (Also, I'm glad that my country survived...)

Black Watch - Thank you and welcome to The Setting Sun as well :)

J.T. - Thank you. I am usually loyal to my Allies but not always :)

Wiking - This scenario using vanilla DD is not as hard as it seems but when you use one of the various mods it does become almost impossible from what I have read :D

Great AAR!! I loved the reading ^^, one thing though... it isn't Uraguay... it's URUGUAY!! :p

Other than that, great work Remble ^^.

Late comer to the thread. Found this one off the OPs link in his signature. Only up to page 30 ATm. Loved special forces Himmler.