• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tried it and it worked. No more handlebars for William and Robert. Thanks again Vent Gala.

This really should be stickied.

There you go, as far as I can tell... I did some limited testing that supported it (for western male/female)
Hair color is the main color by the way
olhocabelo.jpg

I've made some graphics to reference while modding. Maybe someone will find it useful as well:
Referenced graphics
I've only done western male and female, but it's helping me a lot.
Would you mind if I included a link to it in the reference part of my top posts? I'd give credit needless to say.

There you go, as far as I can tell... I did some limited testing that supported it (for western male/female)
View attachment 48875

You are a man amongst men. I will try this more tomorrow.

Here's hoping I am modding the western male/female analog in the Game of Thrones mod >_>

EDIT: Looks like that is not the case. Ah well, I've had enough portrait modding for now...

Why does this character have black hair instead of brown?
dna="ngpiofpnf0"
properties="0ei0b"

Also black hair here... dna="cdccc0c0f0", properties="0e00b"

And yet, THIS character has brown hair when I want it to be black!
dna="fnnolngga0", properties="choefk0000"

Last edited:
View attachment 48875
Great idea, but I believe you got something wrong with your results. These are the actual vanilla combinations for young and middle-aged western males (northern european):

l9o7X.jpg

Here's hoping I am modding the western male/female analog in the Game of Thrones mod >_>

EDIT: Looks like that is not the case. Ah well, I've had enough portrait modding for now...

dna="ngpiofpnf0"
properties="0ei0b"

Please don't give up Alec, your portraits are amazing! My corrected color table should fix these issues you are encountering (and yes, we use northern european colors by default). I expanded a little on the other forum, and keep in mind we can easily add as many colors and combinations as you need.

Last edited:

dna="ngpiofpnf0"
properties="0ei0b"

Make sure they're not counted as under the Southern European or Byzantine cultures, because if unmodded they can only have black hair.

It turns out I made a rather stupid mistake. I had backed up my history files in the history folder, and the copies were being loaded first, so it was loaded my original edits rather than my newer edits and nothing was ever changing!

With the updated color swatch, I've had much greater results, though I can't wait til we get some mods to extend the pallette.

Great topic, thanks to Vent and everybody else who helped~

Since it's been discussed I added a Hair and Eye color guide to the reference material section. I used screenshots since the haircolors don't always look what one would imagine by just looking at the RGB value for the base color. Hope it helps

Would you mind if I included a link to it in the reference part of my top posts? I'd give credit needless to say.

Sure man, I assumed you would. =)

Great idea, but I believe you got something wrong with your results.

That's very possible since I was testing it with Southern Europeans (portuguese characters actually) with one norman character in the mix. Not very scientific so I'm betting on your palette as well. furthermore, your circles are much neater than my smudges =)

Started on the section regarding further modding. It's the third post from the top, and I began with hair/eye color modding since it's very simple. Let me know if anything is unclear and I'll try to make it less so...

edit: And I also added your link to the reference section enderbr. If I get the time I'll add a screenshot to give people a general idea of what your images looks like.

Yea, I don't think that's your problem.

Hey been having a problem with corrupt saves so can you tell me is this code valid?
dna="djdfdambea"
properties="0i00c"

Well, if you notice you will see that Paradox own DNA's are 11 characters long, and properties a minimum of 6 characters. You could try to add an a to the end of the DNA string and a 0 after the c in properties. It might help.