• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oct 24, 2006
This is my first AAR and I'll be playing Com China as they're pretty fun to play as. I'll be playing on N/A, using DAIM and CCIP. First post will follow shortly.

Flag.jpg

The flag of the Soviet Republic of China

The Chinese Civil War started after growing turmoil in the KMT government, and on April 1927 when Chiang Kai-Shek's forces aressted and executed hundreds of Communists in Shangai, virtually destroying the CCP in urban ares. Chiang was expelled from the KMT for his actions and formed a new government in Nanjing to rival the Communist and Left-wing government at Wuhan. However later that year the CCP was expelled from Wuhan by the Left-wing KMT government who fell to a militarist coup. Several uprisings led by Mao's communists failed, and the CCP was forced to retreat either underground or into the countryside. In the early 1930's Chiang launched several offensives aimed to destroy remaining communist forces inside China. The first four offensives failed, however the fifth nearly destroyed the Communists by cutting off their supplies and food base. In October 1934 the Communists managed to flee Jiangxi, as the area was manned by warlord forces instead of Chiang's army. Mao was now forced to flee deep inside the area of Shaanxi. Now the full weight was pushing against the CCP forces, and with Japan building her forces it seemed unlikely that the Communists would see much of 1936.

Last edited:
Lovely - another commie China AAR! - do continue!.

Another Com Chi AAR... good luck!

It will be interesting to see how you handle the situation. Good luck!

I've played a few test games, and have figured out a plan of action.
1stplan.jpg

I will try to annex Xibei San Ma as quickly as possible, so I can attack Shaanxi as soon as possible after the peace event.
2ndPlan.jpg

I'll try to grab as much land before Nat China get involved.
DefenceofShaanxi.jpg

My practice games have found something useful, Japan seems to attack in late '36 not giving me much time to prepare. Does anyone think it would be beneficial to just defend the mountian provinces around my capital instead of the Shaanxi border? When I get to this point in game, or more likely, this goes tits up I'll make some more plans.

i say just defend the mountainous provs. japan will land on the coast and i dont think you'll have enough to be able to defend properly

You will have to make sure you dont go overstretching yourself [as lifeless said] but the extra IC will help, you will have to balance things well [its been a long time since i played as Communist China]

Welcome aboard AAR writer land express. Good beginning to your AAR.

ScreenSave0.jpg

The State of South East Asia
Mao looked at the way that the capatilists had conquered much of Asia, and dreamed of throwing off the shackles of imperialist oppression. His aims were to lliberate the whole of Asia under communist states.
ScreenSave1.jpg

China and the Warlords
ScreenSave4.jpg

Diplomatic Sliders after our Foriegn Policy becomes more Intervenstionist.
ScreenSave5.jpg

Research into Early Infantry Division is started
ScreenSave2.jpg

Communist Forces are moved to Xianyang
The original plan has gone out the window, as I don't believe I can annex Xibei San Ma in time, so I moved all my troops to the Shaanxi border so I can attack them as soon as the war with Nat. China finishes.
ScreenSave3.jpg

Pingliang is taken by Nationalist forces
ScreenSave7.jpg

A coup is launched in Japan
Japan choose to listen to their demands, giving them some nice slider moves, which surely can't be good for us.

Eagerly awaiting. :)

Playing Mao is cool. A shame for having so few officers though, and your tech being geared towards infantry mostly. Limits the options in the later game.

Comm China is a game based on luck i'd say.
CHC is so damn hard to play
All the luck to you

And how you defendagainst japs?

Well right now I'm holding them in the mountains and building my forces up slowly. I figure that I'll be able to defeat them, just might take a while. Oh and an update coming when I upload screenies.