• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
XianIncident.jpg

We are approached to join a plot to kindap Chiang
Marshall Zhang Xueliang, who had been fighting Communist troops before the CCP was forced into the Long March, approaches us about a plot to kidnap Chiang-Kei Shek, an attempt to unite the China's to fight against Japan, who had excecuted Zhang's father before the Mukden Incident.
ScreenSave10.jpg

The Nationalists Sue for Peace
ScreenSave35.jpg

Communist China issues the Shaanxi Government a statement stating that a state of war now existed between the two countries.
Mao was determined to unite all of the Chinese peoples under one flag, and only two days after peace was declared Communist China was in a new war.
ScreenSave8.jpg

Attacks are launched across the front
On March 30th, Shaanxi made a peace offer, proposing much of the country for a halt to Communist aggresion. The offer is firmly rejected and further attacks are launched.
ScreenSave9.jpg

Shaanxi Sues for Peace
ScreenSave14.jpg

Communist Forces push further into Shaanxi
War continues in Northern fighting, while a new one starts in the south. Shaanxi, Guanxi Clique and Yunnan declare war on Nationalist China. Any prospect of a united front seemed unlikely, however imminent events changed this greatly.

Ah, Chinese civil war is always interesting. And when Japanese and their puppets are added to that mixture it is always most entertaining gaming experience. I will follow this.

Ah, the trick with the Japanese:

As soon as you annex Shanxi or they declare war on you, pull back to the mountains. Then, the area ahaid will be clear for a rapid Japanese advance, only to have them crash into your enemies, the Nationalists, so that you have the time to use your new extra Shanxi IC to build up forces to kick their ass or to grab whatever you can get :)

Now you only need Soviet support...

T

EDIT: Oops... Missed the fact that you already did that...

Last edited:
Tried to get into Commintern, but right now chances are 0% and I don't have money to influence. Fighting Japan would be alot easier if Nat China was doing something useful, they seemed to be trying to fight Yunnan, but failing miserably. Might update this tonight, but I've just remembered I have schoolwork to do.

ScreenSave11.jpg

Research is started into Large Front Doctrine
We complete research into Early Infantry and thus..
ScreenSave15.jpg

Production is started on a large serial of Infantry
These two don't really fit the time, but I can't think of anywhere else to put them.
ScreenSave12.jpg

Flanks are Secured
I sacrificed Taiyaun to move into Jinian and Yucheng, to stop Nat. China moving into Shaanxi and to get the Manpower from Jinian.
ScreenSave13.jpg

Offensives are Lauched in the North
ScreenSave16.jpg

Assualt on Shaanxi is wrapped up
I encircled the Shaanxi Army in Beiping, Boading and Kalgan, before pushing them into Kalgan and destroying the reisitance.
ScreenSave17.jpg

Shaanxi are Annexed
We annex Shaanxi, and then...
ScreenSave18.jpg

Japan Declare War
Japan DOW us three days later, This put me on the back foot as I didn't think it was coming that quickly, and haven't been able to pull back to the mountains yet, and have to do so quickly before our troops get overrun by the Japanese hordes.
ScreenSave19.jpg

The Japanese start to advance

ScreenSave20.jpg

Japanese forces assualt our troops in Zhijazhaung (or something that looks like that)
Japan advances quicker than I thought they would, and unless they slow down theyre going to destroy Zhu De's army. This proves how futile it would've been to defend the Shaanxi border.
ScreenSave21.jpg

Japan Advance to the South
ScreenSave22.jpg

Overview of new front line
We manage to get all our troops back to the mountains by the skin of their teeth, I've reorganised them into two armies instead of four, for no real reason except to get rid of a tiny amount of micromanagement. And thats how the front is now, except I have a few new divisions to play with.

Man, 3 days, that sucks. That's alright. Rapid retreat to the mountains and then make those japs bleeeeeeed. ;)

Japan is sure going to cause you some troubles. Tough luck that they attacked so early, without giving you time to regroup and create more armies.

Subscribing.

The japaneze will have to pay a tribute in blood to Mao.. i feel it

sweet!

Before Update starts properly, I don't think The United Front fired properly, as Nat. China are at war with themselves and Gaunxi, although we appeared to be allied before.
ScreenSave38.jpg

ScreenSave34.jpg

ScreenSave30.jpg

Anyone know any fixes for this? I was going to make Nat. China Inherit Gaunxi and Yunnan, as it's getting annoying that they're barely fighting Japan, and It wouldn't be blatantly cheating, because if we both survive Japan, then it will make a war with them harder, but if something can suggest something better I'll try that.
ScreenSave31.jpg

Nationalist - Gaunxi Border
ScreenSave28.jpg

We finish research on Large Front Doctrine, and start work on Basic Machine Tools
ScreenSave32.jpg

Republicans win Spanish Civil War
ScreenSave33.jpg

Progress of Infantry Builds
ScreenSave37.jpg

Japanese - Nationalist Front
Japan are advancing towards Nanjing, though I've seen them win from here before, but it doesn't seem likely here.

Last edited:
Weird, that the event didn't fire properly. Have you tried to reload before the event fires and see if it fires properly?

NatChi at war with NatChi? I knew Chiang was a bit crazy but that crazy?

Well...you can write an event where NatChi inherit Yunnan and Guanxi if they achieve a certain objective; that'd be still leaving it to chance but easier than now.

Of course if Japan keep on beating them very badly you can extend east to annex Xibei.