• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for another wonderful story.
Thanks so much for reading!

War Crime Tribunals are a tricky spiral. At first, the leaders and truly atrocious are tried. But as time passes, people with more peripheral roles are captured and tried. Like any bureaucracy, the tribunal has constituents who did not want the gravy train to end. Eventually, janitors and delivery drivers must be tried. One fear is that members of the tribunal will undertake personal vendettas.
The Hiigarans are certainly in danger of falling into the "vendetta trap." By this point in the story, the Human Truth and Reconciliation Commission is still active, so it was totally possible for the Canaveral veterans seen in this story to have gotten a fair trail. The Hiigarans want to be judge, jury, and executioner.

Thank you again for entertaining me.
You're most welcome. I do enjoy sharing stories here, and I have been exploring ideas for something new.

Lately, I've been really enamored with a story idea that I've nicknamed "The Goonies in Space." It's too early to say if this'll become a Stellaris story, but I do want to write something. The only remarkable thing I can point out about this idea is that it is completely divorced from the Stormbreaker Universe:

New story, new characters, new setting, new everything.

It would be one helluva leap. At the moment, all I've got are some worldbuilding notes and a very loose outline. Time will tell if anything comes of this at all.

Reactions:
Dear readers, we are coming down to the wire! There are only a few days left to cast your vote for the

2022 Yearly AARland Year-end AwAARds

Several categories are currently "too-close to call" and @coz1 (the great counter of ballots) needs YOUR VOTE to tip the balance of what promises to be multiple tight races! Your favorite AAR Writers are depending on you to make your voice heard. Stellaris, HOI4, CK3, Vicky3, EUIV, and writers from so many other games need your vote today!

The time has come! Cast your ballot this weekend!

Reactions: