A bug that just ruined my first ever WC attempt

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

swagi

Recruit
42 Badges
Jun 9, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Got the unguarded nomadic disaster towards myself... No way to stop it from firing since I can not ally, vassalize, nor be my own tributary. Got hit with all the negative effects, and no way to get rid of the disaster. GG, wasted so much of my day for this to happen.

yby5qr5p3x351.jpg

• 3Haha
Reactions:
And don't see any indication that this is a bug. What does your western border look like?
it says there's 942 dev from a steppe nomad bordering him in the tooltip.. unless you think Kazan, Uzbek or Great Horde is that size.. it's a bug.

The celestial government is one of the worst in the game this bug notwithstanding.

Reactions:
Tooltip is just wrong to which country it's referring the dev to. Basically, it refers the total development to you and not the steppe nomad that has more than 300 dev. Which means, you actually had a non-tributary horde on your western border with more than 300 dev. Check the total dev of any neighboring horde and see if him and his subject development is over 300.

Reactions:
As others said, I think it's a simple UI bug rather than the disaster itself being bugged. That being said, I think the best strat with Yuan is to not take the decision to form it until you also meet the requirements to form the Mongol Empire. That way you don't have to deal with the hassle of Celestial Government, and you retain the invaluable ability to raize.

• 3Like
Reactions:
As others said, I think it's a simple UI bug rather than the disaster itself being bugged. That being said, I think the best strat with Yuan is to not take the decision to form it until you also meet the requirements to form the Mongol Empire. That way you don't have to deal with the hassle of Celestial Government, and you retain the invaluable ability to raize.

If you destroy the Empire of China holder and then cease the title to exist it means forming Yuan and Qing doesn't require you to be emperor of China. Not sure if it changes your government to a standard government type rather then keeping your horde one

• 1Like
Reactions:
If you destroy the Empire of China holder and then cease the title to exist it means forming Yuan and Qing doesn't require you to be emperor of China. Not sure if it changes your government to a standard government type rather then keeping your horde one
It doesn't change your government type.

Reactions:
It doesn't change your government type.

Forming Qing does, even if you're not the EoC you'll become a monarchy. You could form Yuan and remain a horde, but in order to destroy the Emperor of China title, you would usually need to conquer most if not all of China, and it's a bit of a shame to have to do that before you get the permaclaims on the entire region.

Reactions:
Forming Qing does, even if you're not the EoC you'll become a monarchy. You could form Yuan and remain a horde, but in order to destroy the Emperor of China title, you would usually need to conquer most if not all of China, and it's a bit of a shame to have to do that before you get the permaclaims on the entire region.
>most if not all of China
Mingsplosions got patched out I see

The disaster file is saying:

1606310400927.png

Is there a non subject horde next to you with 300+ dev that isn't allied to you and doesn't have a truce?
Ie they're a large steppe horde that you can declare on now.
If so, you need to get them < 300 dev / in an alliance / in a truce / your subject (doubtful if they have 300+ dev :p) to stop this progressing.

Last edited: